Xbox One won’t accept my MAC address

Discus and support Xbox One won’t accept my MAC address in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been using my wireless internet with no problems for months. All of a sudden, it can’t find my network and when I type in my SSID it says the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Olivia Brown1, May 28, 2023.

1. Xbox One won’t accept my MAC address

I have been using my wireless internet with no problems for months. All of a sudden, it can’t find my network and when I type in my SSID it says the “security protocol” won’t allow the connection or something. I hooked it up with the wired connection (which is not feasible long term for me) just to make sure it could connect, and it did. I tried typing in the MAC address on the bottom of my router and it said that it was invalid format. It used only numbers and capital letters and was the same length as the address on my router. When I was wired up and connected I noticed the MAC address was different than what I saw on my router. Is this expected (different addresses for different forms of connection)?

:)

Olivia Brown1, May 28, 2023
  2. Olivia Brown1 Win User

I tried doing a hard reset and it did not work. I’ve tried restarting both router and Xbox numerous times. Any network setting I try to set manually won’t go through. The MAC address won’t restart after it’s entered. The IP addresses won’t go to the next screen after entering the Gateway IP. What is left to try?

Update:

Now my Xbox won’t turn on. I hit the button, it’s lights up and it makes the noise but immediately turns off. I had to unplug the power source for it to turn back on.
  3. Olivia Brown1 Win User

I have tried clearing the MAC address but when it gets the screen prompting me to restart, it won’t restart. I hit the restart button and nothing happens. I tried holding the Xbox button on my controller and restarting that way but it didn’t work.
  4. Just a Volunteer Win User

5. ngocphi Win User

Security protocols means you are using the wrong wifi encryption

It best to use wpa 2 psk or passphrade

Anything like enterprise is only supported by pcs not consoles that error is when you using an unsupported protocol

Best to consult your isp to setup the router correctly

Newer routers support newer protocols but.not.So.much consoles
  6. Just a Volunteer Win User

"I haven't tried this yet on mine but another solution is to get the MAC address of your other device such as your Computer, Laptop or phone that is already connected to your current network you may then use that devices MAC address and put it on the alternate MAC address of your Xbox to be used.".

Don't do this. There is no need to use other device MAC address.

Turn off the console and power cycle your network hardware. A stable connection with up-to-date hardware should recognise the required addresses.

You shouldn't have to manually type in a MAC address to connect an Xbox console.

I suggest you contact your ISP to ensure your network hardware is configured correctly.
Thema:

1. Xbox One won’t accept my MAC address - Similar Threads - won’t accept MAC

2. Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ?: Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ? 72062e39-e46c-46c2-89bc-dd9555ba9044
  3. hardware issues where my a y x b dpad rb lb l3 r3 won’t work, I’m trying to send in my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    hardware issues where my a y x b dpad rb lb l3 r3 won’t work, I’m trying to send in my...: So my buttons will not work, they worked maybe 30 mins beforehand where I sat the controller down and picked it back up and they were unresponsive, My warranty is still covered and the big issue...
  4. Good evening, I purchased a used Xbox s and it won’t accept my WiFi password. It will...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Good evening, I purchased a used Xbox s and it won’t accept my WiFi password. It will...: Good evening, I purchased a used x box s and it won’t accept my password for my WiFi. I can connect using my hotspot on my phone but it won’t update and it doesn’t work. I called my WiFi company...
  5. Why won’t Xbox App let me accept party invites?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won’t Xbox App let me accept party invites?: Hi! I generally use Xbox App to talk in parties, but the last several days I haven’t been able to accept party invites. If I click on an invite, instead of accepting it, the app takes me to the...
  6. Why won’t Xbox App let me accept party invites?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t Xbox App let me accept party invites?: Hi! I generally use Xbox App to talk in parties, but the last several days I haven’t been able to accept party invites. If I click on an invite, instead of accepting it, the app takes me to the...
  7. Xbox live card won’t accept

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live card won’t accept: I have just bought a 3 month Xbox live gold card and it is not accepting onto my account. 82cd47d8-42c0-4011-bef9-91cf66cc2519
  8. Child won’t accept invitation from parent

in XBoX on Consoles
    Child won’t accept invitation from parent: I have a child who is defiant and refuses to give us access to his screen time. We set a timer on our phone but I would like it to automatically go off. What can ai do besides torturing him?...
  9. My Xbox won’t accept backwards compatible games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox won’t accept backwards compatible games: So when I first got my Xbox One, one of the first things I did was install Halo: Reach. I got the update and everything. However, the Xbox now tells me that it can’t accept Xbox 360 games. I don’t...
  10. Notifications won’t pop up, and can’t accept invites

in XBoX on Consoles
    Notifications won’t pop up, and can’t accept invites: This has been going on for a few days now. I can’t accept invites because I simply don’t get them on my Xbox. The only way I know when I’m invited I say when I see the notification pop up on my...