Xbox One won;t launch games - returns to home screen after 5-10 seconds

Discus and support Xbox One won;t launch games - returns to home screen after 5-10 seconds in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I try to start a game from the home screen, it launches to the game image, and then after about 5 to 10 seconds, returns to the home screen. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Chubbycola, Feb 3, 2023.

1. Chubbycola
    Chubbycola Guest

When I try to start a game from the home screen, it launches to the game image, and then after about 5 to 10 seconds, returns to the home screen. I have tried all suggestions I could find online, including hard reset, factory restore (without saving games), switching profiles, etc. This happens with all the games I've tried on the system. Please help!

:)

Chubbycola, Feb 3, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Chubbycola, I see that you tried several procedures in the console.

However, have you tried plugging it into another electrical outlet and into another TV to see if it behaves the same way?
  3. Misses Joust Win User

Halo Spartan **** issues

G'day AI! Sorry to hear about the issues with Spartan Assault. Let's try an extended power cycle and then launch the game again: Hold the power button for 5-10 seconds and allow the console to completely shut down. Wait a full 30 seconds, then restart and
    launch Halo: SA.

If that doesn't improve the situation, please provide a few more details. When you're booted to the home screen, is it completely random? Does it happen at a certain level or menu? Are you still connected to Xbox Live when you're returned to the home screen?
  4. ArminatorX Win User

Game Launch Failure

Does the game simply show the splash screen and returns to the dashboard before the game's main menu appears, or is the game actually starting and crashes to the dashboard when you are supposed to press A or otherwise start the game?

Can you also try to hold the power button on the console for about 10 seconds, then turn the console back on, and make sure it shows you a green bootup screen with the Xbox One logo.

If the green boot screen is not appearing, hold the power button on the console again for 20 seconds.

After the console has finished starting and shows the home screen after the green boot screen, try to launch the game again.
  5. IHeartPlatties Win User

Can't Add Any Profiles Error 0x80a40002

I found a work around. No idea if it's permanent or not. Remove your profile from the Xbox One. Return to home. Hold down the power button for 10 seconds to clear the cache. The screen will go black, and the Xbox button on your controller will begin to pulse.
    Release the power button, and the Xbox will turn on, this time going to the green "Xbox One" screen. After it returns you to the home screen, proceed with re-adding your profile and signing in.

Good luck everyone.
  6. TudorDidilescu Win User

Skype keeps closing

Thema:

1. Xbox One won;t launch games - returns to home screen after 5-10 seconds - Similar Threads - won launch games

2. Xbox won''t connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won''t connect: My wifi would not connect to my Xbox even when it connects to the rest of the house. I have done the things it told me to do and it still couldn't connect. What should I do about this?...
  3. I have an original xbox and the disc drive won' eject. Paper clip don't work. What next?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an original xbox and the disc drive won' eject. Paper clip don't work. What next?: I have an original xbox and the disc drive won't open. Tried the paper clip tool and it did't work. What next? a81eeb29-f7e9-4f6e-a093-2e8064856079
  4. Won prize on ms rewards but no email and doesn't appear on orders

in XBoX on Windows
    Won prize on ms rewards but no email and doesn't appear on orders: As the title says, I won a surface pro 9 playing scratch and win within ms rewards on the Xbox. I got the congratulations screen as well as a unique code. I was told that I would be emailed to...
  5. Has someone won the assassin’s creed mirage Xbox series x sweepstakes

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Has someone won the assassin’s creed mirage Xbox series x sweepstakes: Has some one already won the assassin’s creed mirage Xbox series x sweepstakes ce644e2a-b71a-4977-b8f7-15597795e11b
  6. Who won the assassin’s creed mirage Xbox sweepstakes

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Who won the assassin’s creed mirage Xbox sweepstakes: When will the winner of the assassin’s creed mirage xbox sweepstakes be announced? 765aaf12-1932-4fb5-ada6-4cf74d1af314
  7. autistic and minecraft won;t work... signed in aabout 1000 times... need it to work

in XBoX Accessibility
    autistic and minecraft won;t work... signed in aabout 1000 times... need it to work: I did all that was asked, no game... b91ca487-bbf0-4140-9d53-87ec1247e0a9
  8. When is the barbie xbox gonna be announced and do they send an email first if you won

in XBoX on Windows
    When is the barbie xbox gonna be announced and do they send an email first if you won: The barbie xbox sweepstakes ended September 14 and the date for it to be announced was November 15 but it already dec and I'm trying to get it for my younger sister. Does microsoft send out an...
  9. Forza Horizen 4 won´t launch. (PC)

in XBoX on Windows
    Forza Horizen 4 won´t launch. (PC): Hi I bought Forza Horizen 4 yesterday. And after I installed the game, it won´t launch. A launch picture just pops up for like 2 second then everything just closes. I been trying since yesterday...
  10. I purchased Xbox gold, but when I launch a 360 Game on Xbox won it still shows that I have...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I purchased Xbox gold, but when I launch a 360 Game on Xbox won it still shows that I have...: Title says it all, purchased gold for clearly no reason as it isn’t working when I launch Xbox 360 games, still shows im a free member, one games work fine 768bc766-2bdd-476d-9bc5-63fda4154be3