Xbox One with no HDMI video output to TV

Discus and support Xbox One with no HDMI video output to TV in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My sons Xbox will turn on but the TV is showing no HDMI input I have tried HDMI cable and swapping with another - NG I have switched off power and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by rumxmcg2018, Nov 22, 2022.

1. rumxmcg2018
    rumxmcg2018 Guest

My sons Xbox will turn on but the TV is showing no HDMI input

I have tried HDMI cable and swapping with another - NG

I have switched off power and unplugged at the wall for 24hrs and re tired - still NG

I have internet searched the issue and read about a reset

Press and hold the power button and the eject button together and after 30+ seconds a second beep should be heard and xbox should launch in low resolution mode

no matter how long i press these buttons nothing changes TV screen in black and cannot get past this but the Xbox is physically on with the white light is on the power button.

HELP as i have a 9 year old going WILD!! haha

:)

rumxmcg2018, Nov 22, 2022
  2. SecretVirgo84 Win User

Xbox One X Flashing Snowy Screen

I will check but I do have an AV system which is setup up just like the Basic Set Up Guidelines specify:

Basic setup with an audio/video receiver

With an audio/video (A/V) receiver, the best and most direct option is to connect the devices sequentially:

1. Connect your set-top box HDMI output to the Xbox One HDMI input.
    2. Connect the Xbox One HDMI output to your A/V HDMI input.
    3. Connect your A/V HDMI output to the HDMI input on your TV.
    Now I will have to see if the TV has HDMI output to include A/V if Xbox needs to go directly to TV or switch to optical
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

help to set up live tv one guide required

Hi Don,

Unfortunately I don't think that is a compatible set up for Live TV on the Xbox One because Video output or input is through HDMI so the Xbox will not be able to get any video without an HDMI output from a cable box or if you have the official Xbox One USB
    TV Tuner. There is no way to input the built in tuner's details manually to get a picture through IR, it must be through HDMI or the Xbox USB TV Tuner.

The support articles I provided before states all of that information and also describes the best way to connect home theater systems and unfortunately IR video output is not possible on the Xbox.
  4. DominumStige Win User

Xbox One on Two TVs for two player games

It isn't possible. At the moment the video output is one, with only one HDMI to be connected to the TV. With a split you would see the same screen on two tvs.
  5. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Sound cut out

Check your TV and HDMI connections

Scroll left from Home to open the guide.

Select Settings.

Select All Settings.

Select Display & sound.

Select Video output.

Select TV connection.

If TV connection is set to "DVI", you'll need an optical audio cable for sound. If you're using an HDMI cable, switch your TV connection to "Auto-detect".

Note If your screen goes dark after you select HDMI or DVI and the screen doesn't reset after 30 seconds, see Troubleshooting a blank TV or monitor while your Xbox One is on.

Back out of Video output by pressing B .

Select Audio output.

Verify that HDMI audio is not set to “Off” (or dimmed).
  6. coco meat train Win User

Blu ray player

This is a shot in the dark but what are your video output settings on the Xbox set to? Is this straight to the tv or through an amp? Try auto detect for the video output and as always try another hdmi cable and input if you can.
Thema:

1. Xbox One with no HDMI video output to TV - Similar Threads - HDMI video output

2. Is There an HDMI Splitter That Won't Diminish Video Quality of Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is There an HDMI Splitter That Won't Diminish Video Quality of Xbox?: I have a new OLED 4K TV with a new Denon 4K receiver. Suffice it to say, the video displayed from the Xbox looks fantastic when it's connected directly to the TV. I mean B-E-A-utiful. Now I'm...
  3. My Xbox one won't transfer the video image to tv, I already changed the HDMI cable

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one won't transfer the video image to tv, I already changed the HDMI cable: My Xbox one S won't transfer the video image to tv, I already changed the HDMI cable 8204cf07-42d3-40e8-aea2-c66a43115149
  4. No video above 460p. Changed HDMI. Changed Monitor. Soft Reset. Now what?

in XBoX on Consoles
    No video above 460p. Changed HDMI. Changed Monitor. Soft Reset. Now what?: I've no video quality on either of my monitors or TV's. I've used the soft reboot to start up at 460p and when I go into setting to change back to 1080p or 4k it just goes black on both devices....
  5. Xbox 360 E/Super Slim turns on but I get no video from AV or Hdmi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 E/Super Slim turns on but I get no video from AV or Hdmi: Xbox 360 Slim turns on but with no video. I have a 4gb Xbox 360 E/Super Slim and it was working fine. And I left it in the living room for awhile and I wanted to play some old 360 games and it...
  6. My HDMI in is not working when I connected my Xbox to Video Game Recording

in XBoX on Consoles
    My HDMI in is not working when I connected my Xbox to Video Game Recording: My HDMI In is not working when it's connected to my video game recording device, it suddenly happened. before it was working free fine. 48e7de11-9ca0-486a-9b80-aee4ebaccdc8
  7. I suddenly get no video through HDMI connection - sound works and I can blindly navigate menus

in XBoX on Consoles
    I suddenly get no video through HDMI connection - sound works and I can blindly navigate menus: My setup is as follows: Xbox One S - ca 18 months old Asus CG32UQ 32" 4K gamining monitor - ca 1 month old Connected through HDMI cable supplied with the Xbox Under video settings I have...
  8. Issue With Xbox One Video Output on HDMI (After using DVI)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue With Xbox One Video Output on HDMI (After using DVI): Hello, I have an issue with my video output on my Xbox One, I used to use it with an HDMI cable with an HDMI-DVI adapter to use it on my Monitor, it always worked fine and on 1080p When I got...
  9. Xbox One X HDMI Video output not working, Streaming to PC working fine.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X HDMI Video output not working, Streaming to PC working fine.: Hardware: Xbox One X Tested: - Two Televisions - Four HDMI ports tested between the two TV's - Three HDMI cables including original that came with Xbox One X - One TV has a little visual...
  10. XBox One dual output for cinema projection- HDMI video, AV audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One dual output for cinema projection- HDMI video, AV audio: Hello, I am considering purchasing an XBox One in the near future. I am concerned, though, that the XBOne cannot support dual output needed to connect to DLP cinema projection equipment. At this...