Xbox one with Kinect and wireless control - turns on automatically

Discus and support Xbox one with Kinect and wireless control - turns on automatically in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi Team, My Xbox one, with Kinect and two wireless controls, keeps turning on automatically. When it does the Kinect also turns on - it feels like... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JoshAGG, Jan 29, 2023.

1. JoshAGG
    JoshAGG Guest

Hi Team,

My Xbox one, with Kinect and two wireless controls, keeps turning on automatically. When it does the Kinect also turns on - it feels like it’s spying or wanting to spy on us.

I fully re stored the Xbox to factory settings and re download my games. Yet, the problem persist.

The only option is to disconnect it from the power source to avoid this creepy behaviour.

Can you advice or look up my Xbox remotely to fix it?

Thanks

:)

JoshAGG, Jan 29, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello JoshAGG, the Xbox does not have remote access capabilities, from your description this seems to be a Kinect related bug.

I don't know if the Kinect and your console are connected to an individual outlet or to some type of power strip with other equipment, if it is together with other equipment try connecting it to an individual outlet and see if it continues with the same symptom .
  3. Georges C. Win User

Note: when I refer to remote capabilities I am not talking about remote play, because that is something else and has to be enabled on the console.
  4. Georges C. Win User

Yes, it could be the command.

Since you've already reset the console, you've eliminated any possibility of misconfiguration.

I don't know if there's Kinect on One Fat or One S/X, but I might be able to test Kinect on another console to see if it behaves the same way.
  5. JoshAGG Win User

Thanks George. The Xbox is connected to the wifi - so it could also be a remote command activating te device.

The Xbox is connected to a power board that also has the TV. Nothing else is plugged.
  6. Zero Divided Win User

They have a "connect device" button for controller...old blue tooth headsets also?

MS has already stated the wireless protocol was rebuilt from the 360 to the One, so old wireless will not work, also stated that the Kinect is able to pick up the controller and automatically sync it to the One, but i guess they included the button for the
    people that will not have the Kinect plugged in.
Thema:

1. Xbox one with Kinect and wireless control - turns on automatically - Similar Threads - Kinect wireless control

2. Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?: Only my head and arms are recognized, I think it's broken. Is there anything that you could recommend? 5d5e479b-7f16-4c03-89de-90fa1bbb030a
  3. Looking for pdf user manual for Kinect V2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Looking for pdf user manual for Kinect V2: Hi, I would need to download the pdf version of the user manual of Kinect V2, but it looks like it's missing from the Microsoft website. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks /D...
  4. My Xbox360 is asking for a system update for the Kinect feature, but I don’t see it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox360 is asking for a system update for the Kinect feature, but I don’t see it...: I want to be able to play old Kinect games like Dance Central 1-3 and Kinect sports with my siblings to have fun again. Until I was met with my Xbox360 saying that a system update is required, but...
  5. Xbox 360 kinect will not work without system update. How can I update now that Xbox 360 is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 kinect will not work without system update. How can I update now that Xbox 360 is...: I bought Xbox 360 with kinect when Just Dance came out - so a long time ago. Unfortunately, I was unable to play it very often. I recently decided to get it out of the closet after after not being...
  6. Kinect adapter to use wireless microphone.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect adapter to use wireless microphone.: I really don't want to post on here but since customer service couldn't help or give me an email to write directly I am forced to write this on a public forum. I am beyond frustrated with...
  7. Turning Kinect Wireless Via Wireless USB Adapter, XBOX One S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Turning Kinect Wireless Via Wireless USB Adapter, XBOX One S?: I'm about to upgrade from the XBOX One to the XBOX One S, and I enjoy the use of the voice commands on the Kinect with the occasional Skype call from my family back home. One thing that I've...
  8. Kinect mis-recognizes people and disconnects wireless controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect mis-recognizes people and disconnects wireless controller: So, this happens anytime my son and I are sitting in front of the console. We do look a like a bit, but my son wears glasses, is way taller.... well you get the idea. What will happen is that we...
  9. Wireless kinect bar?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless kinect bar?: We just moved to a new house with a media room. What this means is that the Xbox One is in a media closet vs. plugged in to a tv in the front of the room. How can the boys play anything through...
  10. Wireless headset, wall mount for the kinect, wall mounted charge station for controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless headset, wall mount for the kinect, wall mounted charge station for controllers?: I would really love to see some of these accessories, I'd love to wall mount the kinect and I'd love to have a charge station that I could wall mount and run the cord into the wall and into the...