Xbox One Wireless headset mutes MW2 lobby

Discus and support Xbox One Wireless headset mutes MW2 lobby in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a new wireless headset that has a USB attachment that plugs into the Xbox. All of my audio settings are at default. Everytime I enter a new MW2... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mr. Real Deal, Mar 11, 2023.

1. Xbox One Wireless headset mutes MW2 lobby

I have a new wireless headset that has a USB attachment that plugs into the Xbox. All of my audio settings are at default. Everytime I enter a new MW2 lobby, everyone is muted. I’ve tried unmuting the lobby in the quick menu setting but the button is stuck, it doesn’t toggle. The only way I’ve found as a work around is to unplug the USB then plug it back in, then everyone becomes unmuted. As soon as I enter the next lobby, it happens again.

:)

Mr. Real Deal, Mar 11, 2023
  2. Mr. Real Deal Win User

Looks like a hard reset solved it. thanks.
  3. Rostom L Win User

That's odd. My suggestion here is to perform a factory reset instead to remove potentially corrupted data on your console and to refresh your system. There's an option to keep your games and apps.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.
    Select Reset console.
    On the Reset your console? Please choose “Reset and keep my games & apps”
  4. Mr. Real Deal Win User

I found another solution, you buy a PlayStation.
  5. Rostom L Win User

Hi Mr.!

What exactly is your Xbox console model? And what's your headset make/model?

Does the issue happen to that particular game only, how about the others?

Make sure that your headset firmware is up-to-date and your controller as well.

Then perform a power cycle. Press and hold Xbox's power button for 10 sec. Unplug the power supply for 30 sec. Plug it back in and turn it on again.
  6. Mr. Real Deal Win User

Looks like I have to hard reset everytime I play because everytime I start the game again it keeps doing it.
Thema:

1. Xbox One Wireless headset mutes MW2 lobby - Similar Threads - Wireless headset mutes

2. Poor Quality Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black model:...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Poor Quality Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black model:...: What is going on with your Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black (model: TLL-00001)?! Three headsets bought, 2 of them broke in the exact same spot and yet you...
  3. Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC: Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC It pairs and the headphones works, but mic does not work, even MS Teams says mic is not working.....
  4. Audio crackling and cutting out with both xbox wireless headset and earbuds plugged into...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio crackling and cutting out with both xbox wireless headset and earbuds plugged into...: This issue occurs seemingly regardless of game as well as on the menu. If I record the instance when the bug occurs, it will be present in the playback on the xbox, but will be absent on my phone...
  5. Xbox wireless headset (Turtlebeach) only works when joining a party

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox wireless headset (Turtlebeach) only works when joining a party: Okay, just as the title suggests, my headset's microphone for my xbox (using a series X) only works when I join a party. When I create a party and I invite others, the only way for my microphone...
  6. How to make Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 to work with wired headsets on BT? Even possible?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to make Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 to work with wired headsets on BT? Even possible?: Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 doesn't seem to work with wired headphones when on BT. Works fine when on USB.. how to make it work? I bought 2 of these expecting to use them with...
  7. Xbox wireless headset - microphone plastic casing broke

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset - microphone plastic casing broke: Microphone plastic casing broke and I have seen an insane amount of people with the same issue. Is microsoft doing anything about this? I tried going through the site for warranty but it says my...
  8. I am unable to issue a warranty on my xbox wireless headset. The infamous mute button snap...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am unable to issue a warranty on my xbox wireless headset. The infamous mute button snap...: As title says, my xbox wireless headset has snapped where the mute button is. This is not due to mistreatment and here's proof:...
  9. Xbox wireless headset mic wont be recognised on PC, using wireless adapter for pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset mic wont be recognised on PC, using wireless adapter for pc: Hello. I've tried a long time to make my Xbox wireless headset mic to work on PC. I'm using the Xbox wireless adapter for pc, and I've been trying alot of things. Updating it to the latest...
  10. how do i adjust wireless headset volume if the menu is greyed out?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i adjust wireless headset volume if the menu is greyed out?: I have a wirless xbox headset that connects to my xbox just fine but there’s no audio. the headset volume and chat mixer are greyed out and I can adjust the chat mixer on the headset but for the...