Xbox one wireless headset and controller keep cutting in and out.

Discus and support Xbox one wireless headset and controller keep cutting in and out. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I had an xbox one S console that I had no issues with for a few years. Then last year my wireless headset and wireless controller began having issues.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Andytnm, Apr 5, 2022.

1. Andytnm
    Andytnm Guest

I had an xbox one S console that I had no issues with for a few years. Then last year my wireless headset and wireless controller began having issues. First it was the headset. It would cut out for quick moments to where the sound just became choppy. Then it would be fine. Then my controller started doing the same thing. It would stop working for a few seconds, then come back on. This problem would then resolve for periods of time. Slowly it became worse and worse to where it would happen all the time. All the firmware was updated, I would hard reset the console which would help occasionally. I even tried factory resetting the box. I bought a new headset, new controller, but had the same issue. I had my ISP come do diagnostics and my network checks out fine. Running my own network statistic tests also produce normal results. I did not experience any glitch or lag in gameplay. It just seemed to be the wireless devices. So I bought wired devices and they worked just fine. I just recently bought the xbox one series x. With some hope that maybe it was my console that was the issue. I've had it not even a week and the same issues are just starting with my wireless headset. My guess is that there is some type of wireless noise, traffic, interference in my home network that does not show up in diagnostic tests my ISP checks. I have a lot of smart home plugs and lights that I've wondered if it could cause issues. Can anyone help me please?

:)

Andytnm, Apr 5, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Andytnm, by your report you have done all possible procedures on the equipment, whether on the console or headset, which leads to interference by other electronic devices in your home.

The thick way Bluetooth is a radio bell, and several things can interfere with the signal causing these cuts, devices on the same frequency Wireless phones, microwave ovens, nannies, remote control toy and other devices that run wirelessly can disrupt the Wi-Fi signal when used at the same time and close to the headset.
  3. MatthewBeall Win User

Streaming to computer: controller and headset issues

Haabit

We are also playing in the same room. If we try to keep the controller hooked up to the xbox one with the headset hooked up to the controller, when we start streaming the audio completely cuts out of the headset.. Not sure what is going on. I'll try again
    today to verify that..
  4. joe.giese Win User

Headset issues

check out my suggestion above, what kind of headset are you using? if they are wireless, you're signal will be interfering causing the voices to cut in and out. CHECK FOR A TRANSCEIVER! if you're using wireless headset, or even if you keep your other transceiver
    plugged in, it will still be broadcasting, drowning out your wireless signal.
  5. FullHornet Win User

Aftermarket Headsets

From my experience of having both a wireless and wired aftermarket headset. I would say if you can swing it go wireless. The ones that connect to the controllers tend to cut out every time the controller vibrates heavily. I currently own a pair of Turtle
    Beach Stealth 500X wireless headphones and could not be more happier with them. Aside from having to be tethered to the controller, having to do so with wired headsets tends to run your battery down faster in your controller.
  6. KALEEF Win User

anyone help me my wireless headset is stuck on port 2 and wont sync to port 1

Are you using a chatpad on said controller if so try removing it

The other thing is to keep pressing the connect button on the wireless headset as it cycles through the the controller numbers.

If you have a spare controller sync that one to number one then see if the wireless headset connects, if it does then connect your first controler to number 2 and see if the wireless headset will move to 2 also with the connect button.
Thema:

1. Xbox one wireless headset and controller keep cutting in and out. - Similar Threads - wireless headset controller

2. Xbox Wireless Controller issues with wireless headset (Windows 10)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller issues with wireless headset (Windows 10): So I just bought an Xbox Wireless Controller and a wireless adapter, since my PC does not support Bluetooth. Whenever I am using it without my headset, everything is fine, but as soon as I turn on...
  3. Why does my controller disconnect when I connect my wireless turtle beach headset to my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller disconnect when I connect my wireless turtle beach headset to my...: When I connect my wireless headset it assigns to my controller/profile. While I’m playing certain games (nba 2k24) it will disconnect my controller as if it’s not on but the controller will still...
  4. Choppy Chat while using Xbox Wireless Headset and Xbox Controller via bluetooth on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Choppy Chat while using Xbox Wireless Headset and Xbox Controller via bluetooth on PC: I use a new Xbox Wireless Headset and a elite 2 controller connected via Bluetooth 5.2. While using the controller my chat is choppy. My chat Partner doesn't understand a word I am saying. But the...
  5. My xbox series s is registering my wireless headset as a second controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series s is registering my wireless headset as a second controller: I have a wireless headset connected to my xbox and when i try to play NHL 24 Be a pro mode and play a game it shows as a second controller and doesnt allow me to continue. I usually turn my...
  6. Only in wireless mode the xbox one controller doesn't recognize my aux headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only in wireless mode the xbox one controller doesn't recognize my aux headset: Hello, i bought a new xbox one controller today for my Windows PC. But when i use it wireless the audio doesn't recognize the xbox, so the headset doesn't get recognized. When i connect it with...
  7. headset on xbox one wireless controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    headset on xbox one wireless controller: Goodmorning, I connected my headphone directly to my xbox one controller, but when I connect controller through bluetooth I can ear only sound and is impossible to speak even if mic is on. Any...
  8. Controller, wireless headset complete disconnect

in XboX Insiders
    Controller, wireless headset complete disconnect: Current version: Xbox update preview beta Scenario: Loss of connection of controller, headset (xbox wireless headset), and when in use, racing wheel (thrustmaster tmx pro) for around 20 seconds...
  9. My controller does not work when my wireless headset is connected.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller does not work when my wireless headset is connected.: My headset connects via USB transmitter. Some games have no trouble when my headset is connected while others don't work at all while it is connected. 364f4a41-af8b-49cc-8a28-3a8b0c3d6c76
  10. Wireless headset and controller keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless headset and controller keeps disconnecting: I’ve had these controllers and Xbox for three years and nothing like this has ever happened. I use the controllers that came with the xbox and use a new Razer Kaira wireless headset. They all...