Xbox One Wireless Controller has no force feedback (rumbling) on Windows 8.1

Discus and support Xbox One Wireless Controller has no force feedback (rumbling) on Windows 8.1 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought Xbox One Controller and played via cable sometime. Later I purchased a wireless kit and did an upgrade. VID_045E&PID_02D1 - Gamepad... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MidnightXdance, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Xbox One Wireless Controller has no force feedback (rumbling) on Windows 8.1

I bought Xbox One Controller and played via cable sometime. Later I purchased a wireless kit and did an upgrade.

VID_045E&PID_02D1 - Gamepad

VID_045E&PID_02E6 - Wireless Adapter for Windows

Sadly I found that in wireless mode there are no force feedback in any games. Was this feature tested with Windows 8.1? Thank you.

:)

MidnightXdance, Dec 9, 2017
  2. BlatteSinus2
    BlatteSinus2 Guest
    Controller vibrates once mic is connected

My xbox ONE controller is connected to my computer running windows 8.1. Everything works fine. But when I plug a mic on my controller, it begins rumbling until I unplug it. Also the microphone is not detected by my computer.

BlatteSinus2, Dec 9, 2017
  3. Xbox One S Bluetooth Doesn't Detect and re-pair

Hey, Alfa!

I'm sorry to see any connection issues with your controller! Unfortunately, Bluetooth is not a supported feature with the new Xbox One controllers and Windows 8.1. You can see more on our

Connect and troubleshoot Bluetooth on your Xbox One Wireless Controller
    support article. In order to use your controller via a wireless connection on your Windows 8.1 PC, you will need to purchase a Xbox
    Wireless Adapter for Windows
    . This will be your best course of action to have a wireless experience between your controller and PC.

If you would like Bluetooth support to come to Windows 8.1 for the Xbox One Bluetooth controllers, feel encouraged to post up the suggestion on our
    Feedback site. Xbox One Wireless Controller has no force feedback (rumbling) on Windows 8.1 :)

Apologies for any frustrations this may cause! Please do let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox Insider
    Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting.

Misses Quinzel, Dec 9, 2017
  4. WinMac Tim Win User

Impulse triggers rumble not working.

True, the Link is broken.

The XBOX App in Windows10 should let us calibrate the Controller, including trigger rumble , rumble strengh, button mapping etc.

The Xbox app has much room for improvement- with the wireless xbox one Controller for windows 10, there is no way to check the battery status anywhere...
  5. ArminatorX Win User

Elite Series 2

Das bezieht sich auf die Nutzung des Elite 2 Controllers mit Windows 7/8.1 Betriebssystemen.

Eine Liste der nicht unterstützten Funktionen für Android und Windows 7/8.1 findest Du auf dieser Seite:

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-on-wi...ller-differences-on-windows-operating-systems

Beispielsweise kannst Du über den Xbox Wireless Adapter für Windows 10 oder via Bluetooth den Controller drahtlos mit Windows 10 Verbinden. Bei Windows 7/8.1 wird diese Art der drahtlosen Verbindung "nicht unterstützt".

Ebenso wird angeschlossenes Controllerzubehör (z.B. das Chatpad) nicht über eine Bluetooth Verbindung unterstützt. Über USB oder Xbox Wireless Adapter jedoch schon.

Über den Wireless Adapter und USB Verbindung kannst Du den Game Sound an den Controller und ein dort angeschlossenes Headset übertragen. Über Bluetooth kannst Du nur Sprach Chat an das Controller Headset bekommen. Und unter Windows 7/8.1 geht generell kein
    Game Sound über den Controller.

[Translation]

The "not supported" functions are in regards to Windows 7/8.1 and Android.

A list of what is or is not supported is on this website:

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-on-wi...ller-differences-on-windows-operating-systems

For example, you can connect the Elite 2 Controller wireless via Bluetooth or Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 only on Windows 10. For Windows 7/8.1 that type of wireless connection is not supported.

Additionally connected controller accessories (e.g. the Chatpad) are not supported via Bluetooth. But are supported via Xbox Wireless Adapter.

You can listen to game sound through a headset connected to the controller only via USB or Xbox Wireless Adapter. But via Bluetooth only voice chat is supported. And on Windows 7/8.1 game sound isn't possible at all through the controller.
  6. Misses Quinzel Win User

Xbox One S Bluetooth Doesn't Detect and re-pair

Hey, Alfa!

I'm sorry to see any connection issues with your controller! Unfortunately, Bluetooth is not a supported feature with the new Xbox One controllers and Windows 8.1. You can see more on our

Connect and troubleshoot Bluetooth on your Xbox One Wireless Controller
    support article. In order to use your controller via a wireless connection on your Windows 8.1 PC, you will need to purchase a Xbox
    Wireless Adapter for Windows
    . This will be your best course of action to have a wireless experience between your controller and PC.

If you would like Bluetooth support to come to Windows 8.1 for the Xbox One Bluetooth controllers, feel encouraged to post up the suggestion on our
    Feedback site. :)

Apologies for any frustrations this may cause! Please do let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox Insider
    Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting.
  7. Clodoveo-5DCA9EB0-68 Win User

Controller problems.

Same problem for me. This night suddenly on Forza my controller stopped rumbling and force feedbacking. No way to restore it. Tried to reboot the system, changing batteries. The controller of my day one edition doesn't rumble anymore. Tried with other games
    but no result. In forza settings toggled up and down the vibration setting, but once again, with no result. Is it a problem only with controller or a console one?
  8. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

I dont want to upgrade to Windows 10. and you cant force me. but i still need to use the series X controller i just got on windows 8.1

Bluetooth for Xbox controllers it's not available on windows 8.1, for that you need to get the Xbox wireless adapter
Thema:

Xbox One Wireless Controller has no force feedback (rumbling) on Windows 8.1

1. Xbox One Wireless Controller has no force feedback (rumbling) on Windows 8.1 - Similar Threads - Wireless Controller has

2. series s console taking a long time to load wireless card for controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    series s console taking a long time to load wireless card for controllers?: I been noticing when I turn on my xbox console the wireless card for the controllers takes a long time to initialize can anyone help me with this? I did try a factory reset but that didnt work...
  3. If is an xbox wireless controller better in Xbox cloud gaming?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If is an xbox wireless controller better in Xbox cloud gaming?: I play xbox cloud gaming with dualshock 4 via Bluetooth and usb as well. All features works well, including vibration. But I wonder if there are some advantages of playing xbox cloud gaming with...
  4. We need some Wireless controller help

in XboX Insiders
    We need some Wireless controller help: My son has an Xbox One and we bought him a wireless controller that has one of those USB receivers he lost the receiver. I'm a gamer myself and I'm under the understanding that if he didn't have...
  5. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues: So my controller is becoming unresponsive, at times no form of input gets a response and sometimes just straight up disconnects. Pad is always connected via USB cable, never via Bluetooth. I've...
  6. Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?: My PC is on windows 11. I have my Xbox 360 controller connected via the 'Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows' the controller works fine for all games, I have just completed the Halo Master...
  7. I sent my xbox x controller for repair and included the wireless usd connector with it,...

in XBoX on Windows
    I sent my xbox x controller for repair and included the wireless usd connector with it,...: My microsoft return order number is 2023912676 and serial number is 02710125334239, while shipping it back to the warehouse for repair I included the wireless connector with it, will I get it back...
  8. Trouble updating my Xbox One Wireless Controller firmware.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble updating my Xbox One Wireless Controller firmware.: I am attempting to update my Xbox One Wireless Controller to then connect it via Bluetooth to my PC since it is currently not appearing, however I have used 5+ micro-USB cables and one which I...
  9. Xbox Wireless Controller – 20th Anniversary Special Edition for Xbox Series X|S bricked...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller – 20th Anniversary Special Edition for Xbox Series X|S bricked...: I have a Xbox Wireless Controller – 20th Anniversary Special Edition for Xbox Series X|S. I'm using the controller on my PC with Windows 11.The controller was working fine via bluetooth. I...
  10. Xbox Wireless Controller issues with wireless headset (Windows 10)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller issues with wireless headset (Windows 10): So I just bought an Xbox Wireless Controller and a wireless adapter, since my PC does not support Bluetooth. Whenever I am using it without my headset, everything is fine, but as soon as I turn on...