Xbox One Wireless Controller does not work, smells burnt

Discus and support Xbox One Wireless Controller does not work, smells burnt in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Good day! My Xbox One Wireless Controller just stopped working mid-game. The batteries used were fresh but I tried and changed them nonetheless - to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EuleKlette13423, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Xbox One Wireless Controller does not work, smells burnt

Good day!

My Xbox One Wireless Controller just stopped working mid-game. The batteries used were fresh but I tried and changed them nonetheless - to no avail: the controller still can't be turned on. Also I noticed a strong smell from inside, like burnt electronic
    parts.

Since I still am within the warranty period I tried to get the controller replaced via the Xbox Service Center, but apparently you need to own an Xbox for that (which I do not). The form would no accept my controller's serial number.

Please advise on how to continue.

S/N: 02980032066506

Date purchased: 2015-05-23

Thanks!

:)

EuleKlette13423, Jan 6, 2016
  2. zax90
    zax90 Guest
    Im having issues with my system powering up

Hello. A friend of mine gave me an xbox one console and im kinda stumped. It was working fine thwn one day his power supply burnt out. We got him a new one and it still didn't work. I dont smell any burnt smell coming from the system area. No beeps or anything.....
    power supply is yellow. No response when plugging a controller into it ether. so like i said. "Stumped" any help is greatly appreciated! THX

zax90, Jan 6, 2016
  3. Im Mr Dan
    Im Mr Dan Guest
    Xbox 360- plug and play

to put it simply my plug and play kit has burnt apart. i plugged it in to the Xbox and into the controller and nothing was happening. so i fiddled about abit and noticed a burning smell, looked at my controller and the rubber wire bit has burnt open and
    all but 2 of the wires inside have burnt off in between the main controller plug and the knobbly bit just 4-5cm above it . i know this isnt really somthing you can help with but just thought i should report it. p.s. it is a gray one not sure how old no more
    than 3 years.

Im Mr Dan, Jan 6, 2016
  4. raesleep Win User

Xbox Controller Smells Burnt

Thanks but I dont know how to put the controllers seriel number in.
  5. ~XSpring~ Win User

Hi There!

i would defientely get in touch with xbox support!
  6. Suicidal Groovez Win User

Locate the battery pack on the back of the controller.

Pinch the pack between your thumb and your index finger, with you index finger depressing the button on the top of the pack.

Pull the battery pack off the back to reveal the battery springs and contacts. The serial number will be written below a bar code toward the bottom of the battery area.
  7. Exawt Win User

Contacta con el servicio técnico
  8. XBF Ezra G Win User

Hi raesleep,

To request a replacement for your controller, please check out our
    Device Support
    page. You can also use the
    Contact Us
    portal to speak to an agent about getting a replacement.

I hope this helps.
Thema:

Xbox One Wireless Controller does not work, smells burnt

1. Xbox One Wireless Controller does not work, smells burnt - Similar Threads - Wireless Controller does

2. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  3. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  4. Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?: So, I recently got a new wireless Xbox controller so I can play Xbox Cloud Gaming when I am not at home. My controller works for all of my compatible devices except my Acer Chromebook (which is...
  5. Why does my Xbox series x/s wireless controller disconnect when my Xbox one disconnects...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series x/s wireless controller disconnect when my Xbox one disconnects...: When I came back home as I brought my Xbox to my friends house, it always disconnects from the WiFi and I don't know why. When it disconnected, my controller also disconnected....
  6. Why does my controller disconnect when I connect my wireless turtle beach headset to my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller disconnect when I connect my wireless turtle beach headset to my...: When I connect my wireless headset it assigns to my controller/profile. While I’m playing certain games (nba 2k24) it will disconnect my controller as if it’s not on but the controller will still...
  7. Does Xbox Wireless Controller – Stormcloud Vapor Special Edition connect to Nintendo Switch?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does Xbox Wireless Controller – Stormcloud Vapor Special Edition connect to Nintendo Switch?: I am curious does this controller connect to Nintendo switch by any chance? My kids would like to know. :) 5263b71b-121b-4c94-af30-5035986de98b
  8. Xbox controller does not connect to console wirelessly or with cable, on PC it does not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller does not connect to console wirelessly or with cable, on PC it does not...: Hi, I'm having issues with my Xbox Series X controller. My controller seems to have an update issue. But I have no way to update it. I mean, it connects to my Xbox, then for a few seconds it...
  9. Why does my xbox wireless controller lag my game to the point it is unplayble while it is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox wireless controller lag my game to the point it is unplayble while it is...: It is on the latest firmware and it is doing it on Trackmania 2020 and Rocket League I am running the newest version of windows 11 as of 8/10/23 and vibrations are disabled ***Moved from Windows...
  10. My controller does not work when my wireless headset is connected.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller does not work when my wireless headset is connected.: My headset connects via USB transmitter. Some games have no trouble when my headset is connected while others don't work at all while it is connected. 364f4a41-af8b-49cc-8a28-3a8b0c3d6c76