Xbox One Wireless Access

Discus and support Xbox One Wireless Access in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I don't know if this has been asked before so I figured I would ask it prior to making the trip up to the nearest big box store to grab another router.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NIO Alkoholiker, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Xbox One Wireless Access

I don't know if this has been asked before so I figured I would ask it prior to making the trip up to the nearest big box store to grab another router.

I connected my xbox one with an ethernet cable but I was wondering if there was anyway to use the xbox one as a router to connect my laptop

My reason for asking is I did see you could connect to the internet through my laptop if it was hooked up with an ethernet cable and broadcast it through wireless to my xbox one. I was wondering if the inverse was possible to broadcast the internet from
    my xbox one to my laptop.

Ethernet -> Xbox -> Laptop

instead of

Ethernet -> router -> xbox/laptop

:)

NIO Alkoholiker, Jan 2, 2014
  2. adam350zr
    adam350zr Guest
    Advanced Network Connection Diagnostics... very bad!!

Update: Xbox One built in wireless card / software is the problem. I pulled the Wireless Access Point off of my Direct TV box and plugged it into the Xbox One. This access point connects to the same router and is located right next to the Xbox One in
    my media cabinet. So, for all intents and purposes, this access point emulates what the Xbox One built in wireless does.

Just the Xbox 1 wireless : .8 Down , 3 up 20% packet loss

On the Access Point: 37Mbps Down, 12 up 0% packet loss

So the only thing that was changed was which wireless method was used, and there are dramatic differences. Personally, I think something got royally *** up during the last Xbox 1 update OR the wireless card in the Xbox 1 is either failing or is just inadequate.

adam350zr, Jan 2, 2014
  3. xboxfelix
    xboxfelix Guest
    What is Xbox LIVE?

Xbox LIVE provides you with the most amazing entertainment experience through the Xbox 360 console. You can download and play games, get instant access to a large collection of games and music, and connect with your friends.

Wireless connection

You can connect your Xbox 360 console to Xbox LIVE without the need for any network cables. There is a wireless network in place that your Xbox 360 console can use.

Requirements
    • An Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter (only available with the original Xbox 360 console).
    • A wireless access point, gateway or router that is compatible with Xbox LIVE.
    • High Speed Internet connection, preferably DSL or cable.

Note: It is not advisable to use Satellite, 3G or 4G mobile connections due to the possibility of slow performance or lag.

xboxfelix, Jan 2, 2014
  4. adam350zr Win User

Advanced Network Connection Diagnostics... very bad!!

Update: Xbox One built in wireless card / software is the problem. I pulled the Wireless Access Point off of my Direct TV box and plugged it into the Xbox One. This access point connects to the same router and is located right next to the Xbox One in
    my media cabinet. So, for all intents and purposes, this access point emulates what the Xbox One built in wireless does.

Just the Xbox 1 wireless : .8 Down , 3 up 20% packet loss

On the Access Point: 37Mbps Down, 12 up 0% packet loss

So the only thing that was changed was which wireless method was used, and there are dramatic differences. Personally, I think something got royally *** up during the last Xbox 1 update OR the wireless card in the Xbox 1 is either failing or is just inadequate.
  5. noboundz Win User

Absolutely newbie who needs help

Your Xbox needs access to the internet to connect to Xbox LIVE. Just buying a router won't do anything.

-

If you have a Slim Xbox, or a wireless adaptor for an older model, then you'll be able to connect to LIVE provided a) there's wireless internet where you are, and b) you have the password to access it, if there is one.
  6. Mister Fitzer Win User

Probleme connexion MTU

Okay, so please bear with me here, as I think something may be lost in translation. So, are there two wireless signals available, one from your university, and one from a person near the university? I think what I'm confused over is whether or not you have
    the password to access that connection. If you can access the wireless connection, you may want to consider a

wireless adapter for your console
  7. MarsNeedsTacos Win User

Xbox One Download Speed Issues

Delete your wireless connection settings this way...

Set up wireless network

If your Xbox One isn't currently connected to the Internet, or if you want to change wireless access points, select
    Set up wireless network. Selecting this button deletes any current wireless settings and prompts you to set up a new wireless device.

Then restart your Xbox and try again.

Lots more
    network detail here.
  8. Internet Expert Win User

Changing wireless mode to "G only" Mode?

The only way to limit your wireless speed to "Wireless-G" speeds is to manually configure your router's wireless settings. There is sometimes a setting for that, depending on your router. Look into your router model's documentation for instructions on how
    to access those settings.

The Xbox One does not contain any settings to restrict your wireless speed -- it will connect with the fastest speed possible (Wireless-N).
Thema:

Xbox One Wireless Access

1. Xbox One Wireless Access - Similar Threads - Wireless Access

2. Xbox Series S Network Connectivity Issues - Wireless Access Points

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Network Connectivity Issues - Wireless Access Points: Hello! I own a Series S that runs a wireless connection within a house that has a network system (modem and router) with access points placed all around, one being right above the room where the...
  3. Dolby Access + Xbox Wireless Adapter on Warzone

in XBoX on Windows
    Dolby Access + Xbox Wireless Adapter on Warzone: I don't know why it is only a problem specific to Warzone. When using the Xbox Wireless Headset via Xbox Wireless Adapter on PC and activating Dolby Atmos for Headphones, the audio simply does not...
  4. Wireless access from laptop to external HDD on xbox one s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless access from laptop to external HDD on xbox one s: Hello, I have a question. I connected 6TB external HDD to XBOX ONE S as multimedia. I have there my personal photos and videos. Is it possible connect to this HDD from my laptop wirelessly and to...
  5. Xbox one won't recognise my wireless router's password so can access xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one won't recognise my wireless router's password so can access xbox live: My son's xbox one won't recognise our wireless router's password so we can't access xbox live. It works fine via the wire. The firmware on the router is also up to date. I've tried everything on...
  6. Accès au réseau sans fil (Wireless network access)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Accès au réseau sans fil (Wireless network access): bonjour, depuis que jai changer mon routeur pour cause de manque de performence ma console ne veut plus se connecter a mon reseau sans fil, je n’ai aucun probleme avec mes autres appareils...
  7. Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: No access to purchase from xbox live store

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: No access to purchase from xbox live store: Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: No access to purchase from xbox live store You will have to port forward your router:...
  8. Xbox One Controller via Wireless Adapter can't access FF13-2s option-menu

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller via Wireless Adapter can't access FF13-2s option-menu: Well, if I plug in the Xbox One Controller directly via USB cable, everything works fine. But when I use the Adapter, I can't load a savegame on start nor use the option menu while ingame for...
  9. How do I access content on wireless Lacie hard drive on x360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I access content on wireless Lacie hard drive on x360?: Hi, On my PS3, I've been able to access the content on my Lacie Cloudbox. I was informed I can do this as well with the X360. I tried following the brief steps I found online to access the...
  10. Can't Access Wireless Network with TP-Link TL-WA855RE

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Access Wireless Network with TP-Link TL-WA855RE: Hello All, I just purchased a new WiFi Extender, TP-Link TL-WA855RE, and it won't connect with my Xbox One. I've read posts where it suggests something called 'Port Forwarding' but I don't have...