Xbox One wired controller appears to be dead...

Discus and support Xbox One wired controller appears to be dead... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; At least on my system. I was using it just fine yesterday morning, but when I went to go use it last night, it was dead stick. I thought maybe it had... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Nabeshin, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Nabeshin
    Nabeshin Guest

At least on my system.

I was using it just fine yesterday morning, but when I went to go use it last night, it was dead stick. I thought maybe it had come unplugged somehow, so I reseated it. Nothing. Tried it in a different USB port, and same thing; no response. I had a moment
    of dread, thinking my console had died. Pressed the "button" (this is an Olde XBone, btw) and it fired right up. Tried the wired controller my wife used to use before she got her own XB, no dice.

Then another moment of dread set in, thinking my USB ports had somehow nuked themselves. I've had this happen on a PC years ago, so I plugged a USB keyboard into it. It worked fine. I was able to move through the menus and select things.

I borrowed my wife's wireless controller, and couldn't get it to pair. This is from a new (less than a year old) console, so I'm not shocked by this.

Now the plot thickens. I plugged one of the wired controllers into the PC, bang. Bob's your uncle, it saw it and I was able to use it on a game, just fine. Went and tried both on my wife's XB1, both worked perfectly.

My XBox is up to date, no drivers/firmware to download. Anyone have any idea what's going on? Yeah, I can use a keyboard for Netflix and Disney, that's fine. But I would kind of like to be able to play the few games I have.

My apologies if I didn't put it in the right section, and thanks.

:)

Nabeshin, Dec 20, 2020
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox 360 controller not working with Xbox Cloud Gaming.

Hi,

The Xbox 360 wireless controllers can't be turned into wired ones with a Play & Charge. This is because even when wired, 360 wireless controllers remain wireless. The cable only provides power, no data is sent.

This is also why they don't appear in game controllers but the generic controller does.

To use a wireless 360 controller on Windows requires a gaming receiver. And the receiver must be for 360 controllers, the official receiver for Xbox One/Series controllers won't work.
  3. HassanB Win User

dead wired xbox 360 controllers

Hi,

Try to plug the controller into all of your console's available USB ports and see if you get any sort of light. If that doesn't work, try to plug the controller into a PC/Laptop and see if the light comes on, if it doesn't then it would mean that the controller
    is malfunctioning, and you'd need to replace it with another. There's really no way to "fix" broken wired Xbox 360 controllers that aren't turning on.
  4. Francia J. Win User

Dead wired pdp xbox controller

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Have you tried a different controller just to check? If another controller is working just fine you will be needing to reach out to the manufacturer's support so they can check and as well as provide options with the broken controller.

Here you go: https://support.pdp.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
  5. Francia J. Win User

Thank you for the additional information. Kindly perform an extended powercycle by following the steps below:

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

3. Unplug your console for 5 minutes.

3. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​
  6. VoidLance Win User

After much experiment it turns out my Xbox isn't responding to any of my controllers and I tested them on a different Xbox and it still work. My wireless controller can turn the Xbox on but the controller immediately turns itself off in seconds dispite being full charged or even with new battery.

Edit- I managed to fix the problem, had to turn off xbox and unplug power cable for a good bit. Thank for your support.
Thema:

1. Xbox One wired controller appears to be dead... - Similar Threads - wired controller appears

2. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  3. so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...

in XBoX on Consoles
    so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...: so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around LT and RT instead of one of my joysticks f4b7a134-1bf5-46de-a074-9f4c339e40f9
  4. My wired Xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wired Xbox controller: Hey I bought a wired Xbox controller in December and it won’t work on my Xbox one till this day * Moved from Community Center 08594fb2-87f5-4e39-a978-c09a25b66842
  5. My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox: My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox e667e29d-baa6-4e38-b72a-77fe31dd074f
  6. My Xbox Controller won't appear in the bluethooth tab, but it will connect via wire.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Controller won't appear in the bluethooth tab, but it will connect via wire.: I've been trying to connect my Xbox controller to my pc via bluethooth but it won't appear in the bluethooth area, I tried updating the drivers, updating the controller through the Xbox...
  7. My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.: I have a wired Xbox 360 controller and Windows 11. When I plug in the controller it says "USB device not recognized. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows...
  8. Xbox controller when wired to PC stops responding every time when put at certain angles

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller when wired to PC stops responding every time when put at certain angles: I plug in my Xbox wireless controller to PC for gaming. Whenever I put it down or it reaches at a level angle, it immediately stops responding (all buttons stop working but the light is on). The...
  9. Controller not vibrating via wire

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller not vibrating via wire: My bluetooth device on my PC is broken so I chose to connect the controller via wire. However neither of my Xbox Elite nor Xbox Wireless are able to vibrate with the wire. I checked Xbox...
  10. Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?: The moment I plug my headset in to my Razer Wolverine V2 controller the sound mode on my XBOX changes the audio output to stereo uncompressed. The sound output cannot be changed back to any type...