Xbox One will not shut everything down.

Discus and support Xbox One will not shut everything down. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have my Xbox set up to turn everything on when I state "Xbox On" yet when I state "Xbox Off" it will only turn the console off not the TV or the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BUTTSKI8801, Jan 5, 2014.

1. BUTTSKI8801
    BUTTSKI8801 Guest

I have my Xbox set up to turn everything on when I state "Xbox On" yet when I state "Xbox Off" it will only turn the console off not the TV or the cable box. Is this normal?

:)

BUTTSKI8801, Jan 5, 2014
  2. FAM LUNDT
    FAM LUNDT Guest
    xbox one shuts down

my xbox one shuts down every time i try to play a game everything but play games works WHYYYYYYYYYYY

FAM LUNDT, Jan 5, 2014
  3. xbox one shuts down

Hey there FAM LUNDT,

Sorry to hear about the console randomly turning off. We do have a guide with some steps that might help though. Please give it a shot

HERE
    and let us know how it goes!

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.

Mister Mascot, Jan 5, 2014
  4. CorruptDNA
    CorruptDNA Guest

Yes - I disconnected my TV from it after about 10 minutes. Its a silly way to watch TV.

CorruptDNA, Jan 5, 2014
  5. LMR9779
    LMR9779 Guest
    HI, I had same problem when I used the Auto-Set-Up feature for the Cable Box and TV Codes. To fix it I skipped the Auto- Set-Up and entered the Model Numbers for my Cable Box, TV and AVR. It worked perfectly.

Good Luck.

LMR9779, Jan 5, 2014
  6. LMR9779
    LMR9779 Guest
    HI, I had same problem when I used the Auto-Set-Up feature for the Cable Box and TV Codes. To fix it I skipped the Auto- Set-Up and entered the Model Numbers for my Cable Box, TV and AVR. It worked perfectly.

Good Luck.

LMR9779, Jan 5, 2014
  7. CMUchippewa
    CMUchippewa Guest
    What worked for me is just doing a power cycle by shutting the console down completely and unplugging it for 20 seconds. Start it back up and that worked for me!

CMUchippewa, Jan 10, 2014
  8. HAVINFUN4ME
    HAVINFUN4ME Guest

Go into settings. Then tv and one guide settings...the power settings....then you can select the devices you want too come on and off with connect commands...only after doing the recommended set up so the system can access your devices.....

HAVINFUN4ME, Oct 31, 2018
  9. HAVINFUN4ME Win User

Go into settings. Then tv and one guide settings...the power settings....then you can select the devices you want too come on and off with connect commands...only after doing the recommended set up so the system can access your devices.....
  10. CMUchippewa Win User

What worked for me is just doing a power cycle by shutting the console down completely and unplugging it for 20 seconds. Start it back up and that worked for me!
  11. CorruptDNA Win User

Yes - I disconnected my TV from it after about 10 minutes. Its a silly way to watch TV.
  12. LMR9779 Win User

Good Luck.
  13. LMR9779 Win User

Good Luck.
Thema:

1. Xbox One will not shut everything down. - Similar Threads - shut everything down

2. Xbox Series X shuts down every night at precisely midnight

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X shuts down every night at precisely midnight: As title. Every night for about the last month, our Xbox Series X shuts down at precisely midnight. Doesn’t matter if we’re watching something or playing something. There have been several updates...
  3. When preforming an offline update xbox shuts off completely and doesn't restart

in XBoX on Consoles
    When preforming an offline update xbox shuts off completely and doesn't restart: When I do a offline update my xbox shuts off midway through the verfying process and doesn't restart to continue. 4f3b165f-a760-483d-9702-9b93a1fb61d0
  4. Xbox 360 flashes red more then 10 times then shuts odd

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 flashes red more then 10 times then shuts odd: My xbox 360 turns on green then after min or show starts flasing red more than 10 times then shuts off Had it in same spot as always... suddenly started yesterday...
  5. Connecting to the 5Ghz network completely shuts off the 5Ghz signal for all devices

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connecting to the 5Ghz network completely shuts off the 5Ghz signal for all devices: on my xbox series s, every time i connect to my wifi 5Ghz signal it completely shuts off the 5Ghz connection to all my other devices, including my xbox, until i restart my router. none of my other...
  6. My xbox on s controller randomly beeped and shut down and when i plug it into a cable it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox on s controller randomly beeped and shut down and when i plug it into a cable it...: I have an xbox one s and the batteries work i even tried to put new batteries which still didn't work. When i take the batteries out and plug the cable in it still makes that long beeping sound....
  7. Why does my controller blink twice and then shut off?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller blink twice and then shut off?: For the past several hours, my controller has been flashing twice, and then powering itself off—only to do it again a few seconds later. This problem started earlier when the batteries in my...
  8. My Xbox Series controller shuts off when I squeeze it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series controller shuts off when I squeeze it.: I ordered my console via Amazon back in January, and I've noticed this issue since I got it. It replaced an early model Xbox One with the older controllers, which I never had an issue with. It's...
  9. Splatterhouse plus DLC's gone from 360 Store before it get's shut down anyway!

in XBoX on Windows
    Splatterhouse plus DLC's gone from 360 Store before it get's shut down anyway!: I bought the Splatterhouse DLC years ago on an old Acc. which i can't access anymore, now i wanted to buy them again, but shockingly had to realize the complete Game was taken off the store!...
  10. When the 360 store shuts down in July will get on disc still be able to be updated and...

in XBoX on Windows
    When the 360 store shuts down in July will get on disc still be able to be updated and...: Just wondering as I have quite a few games that I have not played yet. Will they install from dosc and will they get updated after next month or so I need to install them beforehand? Thanks....