Xbox One will not shut everything down.

Discus and support Xbox One will not shut everything down. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have my Xbox set up to turn everything on when I state "Xbox On" yet when I state "Xbox Off" it will only turn the console off not the TV or the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BUTTSKI8801, Jan 5, 2014.

1. BUTTSKI8801
    BUTTSKI8801 Guest

I have my Xbox set up to turn everything on when I state "Xbox On" yet when I state "Xbox Off" it will only turn the console off not the TV or the cable box. Is this normal?

:)

BUTTSKI8801, Jan 5, 2014
  2. FAM LUNDT
    FAM LUNDT Guest
    xbox one shuts down

my xbox one shuts down every time i try to play a game everything but play games works WHYYYYYYYYYYY

FAM LUNDT, Jan 5, 2014
  3. xbox one shuts down

Hey there FAM LUNDT,

Sorry to hear about the console randomly turning off. We do have a guide with some steps that might help though. Please give it a shot

HERE
    and let us know how it goes!

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.

Mister Mascot, Jan 5, 2014
  4. CorruptDNA
    CorruptDNA Guest

Yes - I disconnected my TV from it after about 10 minutes. Its a silly way to watch TV.

CorruptDNA, Jan 5, 2014
  5. LMR9779
    LMR9779 Guest
    HI, I had same problem when I used the Auto-Set-Up feature for the Cable Box and TV Codes. To fix it I skipped the Auto- Set-Up and entered the Model Numbers for my Cable Box, TV and AVR. It worked perfectly.

Good Luck.

LMR9779, Jan 5, 2014
  6. LMR9779
    LMR9779 Guest
    HI, I had same problem when I used the Auto-Set-Up feature for the Cable Box and TV Codes. To fix it I skipped the Auto- Set-Up and entered the Model Numbers for my Cable Box, TV and AVR. It worked perfectly.

Good Luck.

LMR9779, Jan 5, 2014
  7. CMUchippewa
    CMUchippewa Guest
    What worked for me is just doing a power cycle by shutting the console down completely and unplugging it for 20 seconds. Start it back up and that worked for me!

CMUchippewa, Jan 10, 2014
  8. HAVINFUN4ME
    HAVINFUN4ME Guest

Go into settings. Then tv and one guide settings...the power settings....then you can select the devices you want too come on and off with connect commands...only after doing the recommended set up so the system can access your devices.....

HAVINFUN4ME, Oct 31, 2018
  9. HAVINFUN4ME Win User

Go into settings. Then tv and one guide settings...the power settings....then you can select the devices you want too come on and off with connect commands...only after doing the recommended set up so the system can access your devices.....
  10. CMUchippewa Win User

What worked for me is just doing a power cycle by shutting the console down completely and unplugging it for 20 seconds. Start it back up and that worked for me!
  11. CorruptDNA Win User

Yes - I disconnected my TV from it after about 10 minutes. Its a silly way to watch TV.
  12. LMR9779 Win User

Good Luck.
  13. LMR9779 Win User

Good Luck.
Thema:

1. Xbox One will not shut everything down. - Similar Threads - shut everything down

2. Why is my Xbox series X crashing and completely shutting down during games such as Chivalry...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox series X crashing and completely shutting down during games such as Chivalry...: I have spent over a year now dealing with this issue of my console shutting down mid game, and I have spoken with countless call center representatives from another country that has been very...
  3. Can we get the option to shut off the what's happening tab any friend I wanna see is...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can we get the option to shut off the what's happening tab any friend I wanna see is...: The happening now feature used to be easy to ignore b9f9161d-405c-42e9-8b3b-4f184a5d05b8
  4. My xbox updated yesterday and now when I play Horizon 5 the narrator won't shut up. I have...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox updated yesterday and now when I play Horizon 5 the narrator won't shut up. I have...: I have tried every option available to me. Even the part where I get access as to whether or not you want the narrator. Please help me silence this annoyance. This started after the xbox last...
  5. My xbox and tv keep shutting of and can't tell if it's a problem with the xbox and power...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox and tv keep shutting of and can't tell if it's a problem with the xbox and power...: I've been having this problem where my xbox along with my TV keeps shutting off on me. It usually happens whenever I click into a game. I've tried plugging the xbox and hdmi into multiple outlets...
  6. Doing offline system update, console shut down as expected. It's been 15min and hasn't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Doing offline system update, console shut down as expected. It's been 15min and hasn't...: Was on step 2 at 57 percent complete c584bb00-39a9-48b1-af5f-a221cd4c2564
  7. Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .: Why..... is the question ... what is real how do you define real...(that's where is shuts off haha) Everytime i try to play the matrix demo my console shuts down there's a green screen for a split...
  8. x box x shutting off

in XBoX on Consoles
    x box x shutting off: Hi, I have a sine wave power converter 110V , 400w in my truck....I plug in the monitor and the X box series X. I use my iphone hot spot to get on my game. Everything works in the menus,...
  9. xbox series x booting up and after 20 secs it shuts off tv screen stays black nothing happens

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x booting up and after 20 secs it shuts off tv screen stays black nothing happens: Hello microsoft i have a problem with my xbox it's really frustating because i only have mine for a few months i always trusted xbox and now this happens on a brand new console that i paid a lot...
  10. Where are we going to download games once the servers shut downs? Like how is this fair...

in XBoX on Windows
    Where are we going to download games once the servers shut downs? Like how is this fair...: Where are we going to download games once the servers shut down? 23360feb-5349-4c5b-8f11-343e48a7550f