Xbox One will not shut everything down.

Discus and support Xbox One will not shut everything down. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have my Xbox set up to turn everything on when I state "Xbox On" yet when I state "Xbox Off" it will only turn the console off not the TV or the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BUTTSKI8801, Jan 5, 2014.

1. BUTTSKI8801
    BUTTSKI8801 Guest

I have my Xbox set up to turn everything on when I state "Xbox On" yet when I state "Xbox Off" it will only turn the console off not the TV or the cable box. Is this normal?

:)

BUTTSKI8801, Jan 5, 2014
  2. FAM LUNDT
    FAM LUNDT Guest
    xbox one shuts down

my xbox one shuts down every time i try to play a game everything but play games works WHYYYYYYYYYYY

FAM LUNDT, Jan 5, 2014
  3. xbox one shuts down

Hey there FAM LUNDT,

Sorry to hear about the console randomly turning off. We do have a guide with some steps that might help though. Please give it a shot

HERE
    and let us know how it goes!

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.

Mister Mascot, Jan 5, 2014
  4. CorruptDNA
    CorruptDNA Guest

Yes - I disconnected my TV from it after about 10 minutes. Its a silly way to watch TV.

CorruptDNA, Jan 5, 2014
  5. LMR9779
    LMR9779 Guest
    HI, I had same problem when I used the Auto-Set-Up feature for the Cable Box and TV Codes. To fix it I skipped the Auto- Set-Up and entered the Model Numbers for my Cable Box, TV and AVR. It worked perfectly.

Good Luck.

LMR9779, Jan 5, 2014
  6. LMR9779
    LMR9779 Guest
    HI, I had same problem when I used the Auto-Set-Up feature for the Cable Box and TV Codes. To fix it I skipped the Auto- Set-Up and entered the Model Numbers for my Cable Box, TV and AVR. It worked perfectly.

Good Luck.

LMR9779, Jan 5, 2014
  7. CMUchippewa
    CMUchippewa Guest
    What worked for me is just doing a power cycle by shutting the console down completely and unplugging it for 20 seconds. Start it back up and that worked for me!

CMUchippewa, Jan 10, 2014
  8. HAVINFUN4ME
    HAVINFUN4ME Guest

Go into settings. Then tv and one guide settings...the power settings....then you can select the devices you want too come on and off with connect commands...only after doing the recommended set up so the system can access your devices.....

HAVINFUN4ME, Oct 31, 2018
  9. HAVINFUN4ME Win User

Go into settings. Then tv and one guide settings...the power settings....then you can select the devices you want too come on and off with connect commands...only after doing the recommended set up so the system can access your devices.....
  10. CMUchippewa Win User

What worked for me is just doing a power cycle by shutting the console down completely and unplugging it for 20 seconds. Start it back up and that worked for me!
  11. CorruptDNA Win User

Yes - I disconnected my TV from it after about 10 minutes. Its a silly way to watch TV.
  12. LMR9779 Win User

Good Luck.
  13. LMR9779 Win User

Good Luck.
Thema:

1. Xbox One will not shut everything down. - Similar Threads - shut everything down

2. Launch Xbox Series X shutting off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Launch Xbox Series X shutting off: I have the launch Xbox series x , over the last few months the console will just randomly shut off during online game play. Doesn’t do in menus or on Home Screen, only when playing a game....
  3. Xbox shutting down mid game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox shutting down mid game: Hello, I bought a new Xbox series x about 6-8 months ago and just recently it has been giving me problems. The Xbox will run fine for a little bit then when start to play games or launch games it...
  4. Series X randomly Shut off. Said it overheated, but wasn't hot.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X randomly Shut off. Said it overheated, but wasn't hot.: Playing DayZ. Twice in a row, about an hour into playing it randomly went straight to black. Thought it hard crashed and pushed me to the menu. But no. Right off. Turned it back on, got the...
  5. Xbox 360 Store Shut down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Store Shut down: So, I know that the 360 store will shut down by the end of july, but I like to know can we still not get the xbox games and 360 games on our xbox series x store online or will all the xbox and 360...
  6. What give Microsoft the right to shut down my games

in XBoX on Consoles
    What give Microsoft the right to shut down my games: Okay so i live a little off the grid and as a result my Internet drops off from time to time. I've recently just bought gears tactics (a single player only game mind you) and when my Internet...
  7. My xbox series x, whenever i turn it on it will be on for like 2 seconds then will shut...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x, whenever i turn it on it will be on for like 2 seconds then will shut...: It was working fine just a few hours before and its not hot. 544c488e-0bd1-4de5-ad65-cf1f0d554101
  8. Why is the 360 store getting shutting down

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is the 360 store getting shutting down: The good old 360 made in 2005 why is the store going away and never coming back again f0300b8d-e1ea-47c6-998a-032a7dede47c
  9. Xbox Series X shuts down every night at precisely midnight

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X shuts down every night at precisely midnight: As title. Every night for about the last month, our Xbox Series X shuts down at precisely midnight. Doesn’t matter if we’re watching something or playing something. There have been several updates...
  10. When preforming an offline update xbox shuts off completely and doesn't restart

in XBoX on Consoles
    When preforming an offline update xbox shuts off completely and doesn't restart: When I do a offline update my xbox shuts off midway through the verfying process and doesn't restart to continue. 4f3b165f-a760-483d-9702-9b93a1fb61d0