Xbox One will not shut everything down.

Discus and support Xbox One will not shut everything down. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have my Xbox set up to turn everything on when I state "Xbox On" yet when I state "Xbox Off" it will only turn the console off not the TV or the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BUTTSKI8801, Jan 5, 2014.

1. BUTTSKI8801
    BUTTSKI8801 Guest

I have my Xbox set up to turn everything on when I state "Xbox On" yet when I state "Xbox Off" it will only turn the console off not the TV or the cable box. Is this normal?

:)

BUTTSKI8801, Jan 5, 2014
  2. FAM LUNDT
    FAM LUNDT Guest
    xbox one shuts down

my xbox one shuts down every time i try to play a game everything but play games works WHYYYYYYYYYYY

FAM LUNDT, Jan 5, 2014
  3. xbox one shuts down

Hey there FAM LUNDT,

Sorry to hear about the console randomly turning off. We do have a guide with some steps that might help though. Please give it a shot

HERE
    and let us know how it goes!

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.

Mister Mascot, Jan 5, 2014
  4. CorruptDNA
    CorruptDNA Guest

Yes - I disconnected my TV from it after about 10 minutes. Its a silly way to watch TV.

CorruptDNA, Jan 5, 2014
  5. LMR9779
    LMR9779 Guest
    HI, I had same problem when I used the Auto-Set-Up feature for the Cable Box and TV Codes. To fix it I skipped the Auto- Set-Up and entered the Model Numbers for my Cable Box, TV and AVR. It worked perfectly.

Good Luck.

LMR9779, Jan 5, 2014
  6. LMR9779
    LMR9779 Guest
    HI, I had same problem when I used the Auto-Set-Up feature for the Cable Box and TV Codes. To fix it I skipped the Auto- Set-Up and entered the Model Numbers for my Cable Box, TV and AVR. It worked perfectly.

Good Luck.

LMR9779, Jan 5, 2014
  7. CMUchippewa
    CMUchippewa Guest
    What worked for me is just doing a power cycle by shutting the console down completely and unplugging it for 20 seconds. Start it back up and that worked for me!

CMUchippewa, Jan 10, 2014
  8. HAVINFUN4ME
    HAVINFUN4ME Guest

Go into settings. Then tv and one guide settings...the power settings....then you can select the devices you want too come on and off with connect commands...only after doing the recommended set up so the system can access your devices.....

HAVINFUN4ME, Oct 31, 2018
  9. HAVINFUN4ME Win User

Go into settings. Then tv and one guide settings...the power settings....then you can select the devices you want too come on and off with connect commands...only after doing the recommended set up so the system can access your devices.....
  10. CMUchippewa Win User

What worked for me is just doing a power cycle by shutting the console down completely and unplugging it for 20 seconds. Start it back up and that worked for me!
  11. CorruptDNA Win User

Yes - I disconnected my TV from it after about 10 minutes. Its a silly way to watch TV.
  12. LMR9779 Win User

Good Luck.
  13. LMR9779 Win User

Good Luck.
Thema:

1. Xbox One will not shut everything down. - Similar Threads - shut everything down

2. Fan ramps up then shuts off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fan ramps up then shuts off: My Xbox has been off for a couple of weeks now and whenever I give it power, after a couple seconds the fan ramps up to full power and the Xbox shuts off, Sometimes it just completely powers off...
  3. OG Xbox One does not shut down via Xbox button menu.

in XBoX on Consoles
    OG Xbox One does not shut down via Xbox button menu.: Hi everyone I have an OG Xbox One and it doesn't shut down when asked to via the Xbox button menu on the controller. I have to go to settings, Energy Management and then choose "fully shut down...
  4. Xbox One S turns on for 1-2 seconds and immediately shuts down.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S turns on for 1-2 seconds and immediately shuts down.: Whenever I try to turn on my Xbox One S it’ll turn on for two seconds then shut down immediately. I think it might be a problem with the power supply but I’m still not sure and I was wondering if...
  5. Xbox Series X Shuts down in 4k

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Shuts down in 4k: Hello, I have an issue after purchasing a new tv. My Xbox worked fine with the previous tv, but it was only running at 1080p so I decided to purchase a new 4k 120hz tv. The model I got (Vizio...
  6. Xbox series x unexpectedly shutting off?? (Not power supply)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x unexpectedly shutting off?? (Not power supply): My Xbox series x has been periodically shutting off, usually after about an hour or two, then every half hour or so after the first time. I purchased a new power supply and installed it myself (I...
  7. My original Xbox One is shutting off just like the Series X.

in XboX Insiders
    My original Xbox One is shutting off just like the Series X.: I try playing games but the power shuts off randomly. I’ve seen others posts about the Xbox One X but I haven’t seen any for the original ones. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated....
  8. Has the movies and tv app on the Xbox 360 already been shut down?

in XBoX on Windows
    Has the movies and tv app on the Xbox 360 already been shut down?: Has the movies and tv app already been shut down? It hasn't launched since November... 98836086-71d6-4bd2-9a38-b26c8a0a4e54
  9. Xbox One S shuts down after 1 minute

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S shuts down after 1 minute: Xbox one S was working just fine one day and the next starts but no boot screen or anything to the tv and shuts off after roughly 1 minute. I broke it all down, cleaned it(with air) and replaced...
  10. Xbox One S shuts down after 1 min

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S shuts down after 1 min: Xbox one S was working just fine one day and the next starts but no boot screen or anything to the tv and shuts off after roughly 1 minute. I broke it all down, cleaned it(with air) and replaced...