Xbox One will not shut everything down.

Discus and support Xbox One will not shut everything down. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have my Xbox set up to turn everything on when I state "Xbox On" yet when I state "Xbox Off" it will only turn the console off not the TV or the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BUTTSKI8801, Jan 5, 2014.

1. BUTTSKI8801
    BUTTSKI8801 Guest

I have my Xbox set up to turn everything on when I state "Xbox On" yet when I state "Xbox Off" it will only turn the console off not the TV or the cable box. Is this normal?

:)

BUTTSKI8801, Jan 5, 2014
  2. FAM LUNDT
    FAM LUNDT Guest
    xbox one shuts down

my xbox one shuts down every time i try to play a game everything but play games works WHYYYYYYYYYYY

FAM LUNDT, Jan 5, 2014
  3. xbox one shuts down

Hey there FAM LUNDT,

Sorry to hear about the console randomly turning off. We do have a guide with some steps that might help though. Please give it a shot

HERE
    and let us know how it goes!

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.

Mister Mascot, Jan 5, 2014
  4. CorruptDNA
    CorruptDNA Guest

Yes - I disconnected my TV from it after about 10 minutes. Its a silly way to watch TV.

CorruptDNA, Jan 5, 2014
  5. LMR9779
    LMR9779 Guest
    HI, I had same problem when I used the Auto-Set-Up feature for the Cable Box and TV Codes. To fix it I skipped the Auto- Set-Up and entered the Model Numbers for my Cable Box, TV and AVR. It worked perfectly.

Good Luck.

LMR9779, Jan 5, 2014
  6. LMR9779
    LMR9779 Guest
    HI, I had same problem when I used the Auto-Set-Up feature for the Cable Box and TV Codes. To fix it I skipped the Auto- Set-Up and entered the Model Numbers for my Cable Box, TV and AVR. It worked perfectly.

Good Luck.

LMR9779, Jan 5, 2014
  7. CMUchippewa
    CMUchippewa Guest
    What worked for me is just doing a power cycle by shutting the console down completely and unplugging it for 20 seconds. Start it back up and that worked for me!

CMUchippewa, Jan 10, 2014
  8. HAVINFUN4ME
    HAVINFUN4ME Guest

Go into settings. Then tv and one guide settings...the power settings....then you can select the devices you want too come on and off with connect commands...only after doing the recommended set up so the system can access your devices.....

HAVINFUN4ME, Oct 31, 2018
  9. HAVINFUN4ME Win User

Go into settings. Then tv and one guide settings...the power settings....then you can select the devices you want too come on and off with connect commands...only after doing the recommended set up so the system can access your devices.....
  10. CMUchippewa Win User

What worked for me is just doing a power cycle by shutting the console down completely and unplugging it for 20 seconds. Start it back up and that worked for me!
  11. CorruptDNA Win User

Yes - I disconnected my TV from it after about 10 minutes. Its a silly way to watch TV.
  12. LMR9779 Win User

Good Luck.
  13. LMR9779 Win User

Good Luck.
Thema:

1. Xbox One will not shut everything down. - Similar Threads - shut everything down

2. Xbox Series X randomly shuts off during gameplay or when starting up a game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X randomly shuts off during gameplay or when starting up a game: I've noticed a lot of people have had similar issues with their Series X crashing during gaming. Whether it's from overheating or not, the system doesn't give you an error message when it happens....
  3. Xbox One controller shut down mid-game and won't turn back on (PC)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One controller shut down mid-game and won't turn back on (PC): Hi, My Xbox One controller shut down mid-game yesterday and won't start-up again. Connecting 2 different micro USB cables to 2 different chargers and a port on the pc made no difference. There is...
  4. How Do I Fix My Seagate External Hard Drive From Shutting Down My Xbox Series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How Do I Fix My Seagate External Hard Drive From Shutting Down My Xbox Series S?: So I got a Seagate External Hard drive in January this year and it’s now starting to just completely shut down my Xbox Series S. I checked another question like this and I’ve tried all the...
  5. My xbox one x shuts down in few seconds after pressing power button. I recently changed the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one x shuts down in few seconds after pressing power button. I recently changed the...: My xbox one x shuts down in few seconds after pressing power button. I recently changed the thermal paste but i followed every steps following a youtube video. bd5567cd-3d7e-41dc-8756-726d805c0e68
  6. My console shut down when I want to play a game

in XBoX on Consoles
    My console shut down when I want to play a game: Hello! I’m having this problem. My console power on normally but whenever I want to play a game it turn off by itself. 6bf802d7-41d5-4cda-837c-7cd68505a075
  7. Xbox series x controller not turning off after system shut down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x controller not turning off after system shut down: Xbox SX,режим энергосбережения,все автообновления выключены После выключения консоли с геймпада или кнопкой на консоли консоль выключается но геймпад продолжает работать около минуты. Если...
  8. I've tried everything but my controller just shuts down.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I've tried everything but my controller just shuts down.: What do I do? I was going to play a game on my Xbox One and my controller (I already synced many times in the past by the way) will not turn on! I tried taking out the battery and putting it back...
  9. Xbox not powering on made a loud popping noise and everything shut down tv and all

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Xbox not powering on made a loud popping noise and everything shut down tv and all: Xbox not powering on made a loud popping noise and everything shut down tv and all I was just playing rainbow six siege for about an hour in the morning and then got off for about 3hours came back...
  10. 4GB Hard Drive was reformatted and now deletes everything when shut off!

in XBoX on Consoles
    4GB Hard Drive was reformatted and now deletes everything when shut off!: I've dug through the forums and while I've found issues that are similar none of them seem to be exactly what's going on. I have a 4GB internal and have had a 32GB USB attached for all of my...