Xbox One will not read GTA V disc even though it has no scratches or smudges on it but will...

Discus and support Xbox One will not read GTA V disc even though it has no scratches or smudges on it but will... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Xbox One will not read GTA V disc even though it has no scratches or smudges on it but will read every other disc. it used to be able to read the GTA V... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sophiemills, May 20, 2020.

1. Sophiemills
    Sophiemills Guest

Xbox One will not read GTA V disc even though it has no scratches or smudges on it but will...

Xbox One will not read GTA V disc even though it has no scratches or smudges on it but will read every other disc. it used to be able to read the GTA V disc but now it suddenly just stopped. I've tried tipping my xbox up when putting it in and it still
    doesn't work. any solutions?

:)

Sophiemills, May 20, 2020
  2. XBF Steven R Win User

Xbox One will not read GTA V disc even though it has no scratches or smudges on it but will read every other disc

Hey there ,Sophiemills

Thanks for reaching out to the Forums for advice on how to deal with this issue trying to play GTA 5. I can totally understand how this could be pretty disheartening. I suggest trying the steps outlined in our support page we have for Troubleshoot
    disc game issues on Xbox One

If that doesn't do the trick, why not try a soft
    factory reset
    (the kind that keeps your games & apps), as it could be due to the console having problems with a recent update.

When you get the chance, give that a shot and let us know if that helped.

Thanks for reading!
  3. Sophiemills Win User

Xbox One will not read GTA V disc even though it has no scratches or smudges on it but will read every other disc

unfortunately I don't have another xbox one to try it on and I've already restarted/power cycled the console a hand full of times and it didn't help this issue
  4. WUIJIBOBO Win User

5. CozierChart9 Win User

Moving GTA 5 game play disc to USB? How?

Can I still install the GTA V play disc to the USB even if the play disc cant be read on the xbox or its all scratched up?
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

My Xbox won't read my disc

Check if other discs can be read from your console (like movie dvd or blue ray). I have to warn you though that even small scratches or smudges can make a disc unplayable
Thema:

1. Xbox One will not read GTA V disc even though it has no scratches or smudges on it but will... - Similar Threads - read GTA disc

2. My disc won't read for gta 5 Can you help?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My disc won't read for gta 5 Can you help?: Can you help me because gta 5 won't read c8881087-8d98-4ee5-b37b-72374b9d5f1c
  3. GTA V physical copy plz read

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GTA V physical copy plz read: A new physical copy of Grand Theft Auto 5 comes with a code inside for GTA Online does the code give me access to GTA Online through the disc or do I need to install GTA Online separate from the...
  4. Xbox won't read my gta v

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox won't read my gta v: My xbox reads my gta at times and most the time it won't read my gta v. Why won't it read my gta v? f731663d-0ce2-42f1-bac3-eb42abdb52cf
  5. Missing gta funds from read dead 2 pre order

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Missing gta funds from read dead 2 pre order: ive been talking to xbox support for 4 days now trying to get my 2 million dollars in grand theft auto online currency that i never received a code for. Every time i have gotten a different answer...
  6. GTA 5 Downloaded on Xbox Store "Disc couldn't be read"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GTA 5 Downloaded on Xbox Store "Disc couldn't be read": Hello, So.... I've just bought GTA 5 for my Xbox 360 on the Xbox Games Store. After downloading it (7,7 GB) I tried to start it and I got the error "Disc couldn't be read" I don't know how to...
  7. Gta 5 downloaded and unable to read disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gta 5 downloaded and unable to read disc: ok so my friend got gta 5 and I was going to re download it but every time I go to play it it says unable to read disc I have never owned gta on disc it was working perfectly fine in till I...
  8. GTA V disc will not play because the disc cannot be read

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GTA V disc will not play because the disc cannot be read: My xbox keeps saying that my GTA V disc (and no other games) is unreadable. I even tried using my friends disc and it still won't work. I have also previously played GTA V on this console...
  9. My xbox 360 will not read my gta 5 disk anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 will not read my gta 5 disk anymore: I was playing my gta 5 game one day and it randomly froze and now wont load pass the screen where u choose either online or story mode and sometimes it will freeze my whole console i have deleted...
  10. Xbox One Won't Read Copy of GTA V

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Won't Read Copy of GTA V: My Xbox One won't read my copy of GTA V. The game isn't digitally downloaded and the disc has NO scratches or any other visible marks on the disc. Every time I try to put the disc in it starts to...