Xbox One will not power on or synch audio over HDMI

Discus and support Xbox One will not power on or synch audio over HDMI in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Sorry if this has been answered before, the search didn't return anything from the forums. 1) Periodically the Xbox One power button will not power... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MichaelRibeiro, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Xbox One will not power on or synch audio over HDMI

Sorry if this has been answered before, the search didn't return anything from the forums.

1) Periodically the Xbox One power button will not power on, it might make a noise to the touch but the button will not light up. I have to unplug the power from the back of the unit and plug it back in to "reset" it. Not sure how to resolve this. Normally
    the system works with my Harmony remote but this issue keeps occurring. I expect it to just work. So not sure if this is a software or hardware issue in order for it to be resolved.

2) Starting last week I noticed that there are times where the Xbox One will power on but the stereo receiver will not get a "clean" signal for the audio. I have a Yamaha receiver and the receiver is showing that the audio signal is unstable. The unit is
    attached but a 4ft HDMI cable so doubt it's noise. To "fix" it I can stop the console, unplug the Xbox One console from the back, plug it back in and restart the Xbox One. That fixes the audio issue. Restarting the console without unplugging it doesn't resolve
    it. Again not sure if it is a software or hardware issue.

Not sure if there are settings that could "avoid" the issue but it is really annoying as it is the cable pass through, so the lazy "users" don't want to get up off the couch to fix it. If it is a hardware issue I'd like to send it in, but if it's just likely
    software will ride out my first world problems.

Regards, Michael

:)

MichaelRibeiro, Jan 4, 2014
  2. MAGA2day
    MAGA2day Guest
    Xbox Video and Audio problems connected to a reciever with multiple inputs, cablebox, and TV.

I'm having the same issue. Audio and video keeps getting out of synch. My HDMI setup is the same as yours......

MAGA2day, Jan 4, 2014
  3. ftfoi
    ftfoi Guest
    Audio over HDMI with the Xbox 360 Audio adapter?

In the description on Xbox 360 HDMI Cable | Connect the Xbox 360 HDMI Cable it says:

"If both cables are plugged in, the Xbox 360 console transmits audio over the audio adapter and video over the HDMI cable."

Does this mean that the audio will ONLY be transmitted over the audio adapter and ONLY video on the HDMI cable?

Or will the HDMI signal include both video and audio?

I find the description a little lacking.

ftfoi, Jan 4, 2014
  4. MAGA2day Win User

Xbox Video and Audio problems connected to a reciever with multiple inputs, cablebox, and TV.

I'm having the same issue. Audio and video keeps getting out of synch. My HDMI setup is the same as yours......
  5. BrianHarris291 Win User

Audio - video synch problems

I found this unique answer to a video audio synch problem. Xbox incorrectly I'd my tv to video fidelity of 50 hz ! This is why the audio is off. As soon as I looked in this area I never thought of looking at because I hooked up HDMI cables everything working.
    So I forced it to 24hz then restarted Xbox and picked HDMI auto detect and it correctly picked 60 hz that's the default output for Xbox one. And now matches the game port on my vizio that is 60 hz. All other HDMI ports on my vizio are 30 hz. Thisfixed the
    audio and makes perfect sense also. My cable box and all output in the us is 60 hz from what I can tell. The Xbox putting my tv at UK standard of 50 hz causes the out of synch. Problem fixed and I noticed a smoother picture and less judder in Forza or Witcher.
  6. OCRyzen Win User

HDMI issue specifically with 360

You seriously have NO clue, Endgamez... I never stated HDMI v1.3/v1.4 Compliant Devices have the issue & it is HDMI v1.2 devices, that have the issue.. (eg. Xbox 360)

You are also using an Audio Video Receiver, that can obviously handle multiple HDMI Streams when Switching & doesn't lose synch with the Xbox 360 Console etc...
  7. EggsBoxJuan Win User

360 hdmi to tv optical to soundbar producing no sound. Xbox one also hooked via hdmi works fine.

Hi, if you swap the hdmi connections over on the tv so the xbox 360 uses input 1 and the xbox one uses input 2 do you then get audio from the xbox 360 and not the xbox one ?

Some hdmi inputs only accept the video signal and not the audio which would explain why you only get audio from whichever device is connected to the hdmi port on the tv which accepts both video and audio.
  8. J3RS3Y DEVIL Win User

HDMI Splitter with cable box and surround sound receiver

From Support:

Basic setup with an audio/video receiver

With an audio/video (A/V) receiver, the best and most direct option is to connect the devices sequentially:

1.Connect your set-top box HDMI output to the Xbox One HDMI input.

2.Connect the Xbox One HDMI output to your A/V HDMI input.

3.Connect your A/V HDMI output to the HDMI input on your television.

Notes

•This option requires that all devices support audio over HDMI.

•Surround sound from your set-top box will not be passed through the Xbox One.

•When you perform this kind of basic setup with an A/V receiver, you’re passing both audio and video through another device. Depending on your equipment, there is a small risk of audio or video lag.
Thema:

Xbox One will not power on or synch audio over HDMI

1. Xbox One will not power on or synch audio over HDMI - Similar Threads - power synch audio

2. Model 1914 controller no longer functions under battery power after update to firmware...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Model 1914 controller no longer functions under battery power after update to firmware...: After deciding to update firmware (update was successful) on my model 1914 controller using Windows Xbox accessories app, when under battery power, the xbox button blinks rapidly and the...
  3. Powered USB-Hub with HDD's not working anymore on my Series X after last ASA-update

in XboX Insiders
    Powered USB-Hub with HDD's not working anymore on my Series X after last ASA-update: Hi, i use a powered USB Hub with two HDD's and a Logitech Dongle since i own my Series X. After the last Update, it stopped working, so my 2 HDD`s won't work anymore:( Tested the Hub with my PC...
  4. Why do I have to power cycle my xbox series S every time I join a party just so I can hear...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I have to power cycle my xbox series S every time I join a party just so I can hear...: I feel like I have tried Every trouble shoot that I can find on Microsoft support about audio, privacy, Nat type, headphones and I'm still having to power cycle my console to be able to hear my...
  5. How to power on the RGB lights in my wired headset for Xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to power on the RGB lights in my wired headset for Xbox series X: The Headset Audio works is there a way to Connect the USB part of the headset cord to the rear of the XBOX series X Controller for power? 1b3a4ce7-9c22-415b-a49b-eb315628f2e3
  6. Console or power box issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console or power box issue?: I’m having trouble with my original Xbox one. I don’t know if it’s the power box the console itself. I have an after market power box because the original stopped working. Anyway, I plug the power...
  7. Power block is good and system is not over heating but Xbox one will not power on but for a...

in XBoX on Windows
    Power block is good and system is not over heating but Xbox one will not power on but for a...: Power block is good and system is not over heating but Xbox one will not power on but for a split second then off 56a4c5cf-7f6a-4bbb-960b-34a5882cdc75
  8. Having a problem with my Xbox series x not powering on my tv ??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having a problem with my Xbox series x not powering on my tv ??: My Xbox willl cycle the tv off when I turn console off but will not turn it on! Before anyone suggests it yes I have checked my tv settings and yes cec is turned on for my tv in settings, it’s...
  9. Xbox Series X - Turning off after powering on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X - Turning off after powering on: Hi Posting here about an issue that is happening with my brand new Series X Occurring randomly, without a pattern... Might happen today and never happen during the upcoming days, or just happen...
  10. Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?: Hello, I bought the series X last week and I have had constant issues with Xbox not connecting to the WiFi, after it was set up, when I start the system. Absolutely nothing changes. The system...