XBOX One Wifi disconnected when "starting"

Discus and support XBOX One Wifi disconnected when "starting" in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So this has been happening for ~6 months. XBOX turned off (not hard boot) Next day, turn on XBOX and I'm disconnected from my network. Got to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Thomas Alder, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Thomas Alder
    Thomas Alder Guest

So this has been happening for ~6 months.

XBOX turned off (not hard boot)

Next day, turn on XBOX and I'm disconnected from my network.

Got to Settings/Network, and have lost my wifi settings.

Have to restart wireless and reconnect.

Most times after doing this, my Wifi settings are lost and I have to completely reset my network settings (Wifi Network and Password.)

After doing this, works perfectly, until the next day when I have to go through the above steps again.

Hard Booting the machine has no impact.

Is there some sort of update that I'm missing?

:)

Thomas Alder, Oct 14, 2017
  2. Isondead
    Isondead Guest
    Question? How long does Halo 5 take to install?

i'd say it took an hour maybe and hour half to install from disk - but after it installed and i fired it up told me it wanted to download a 9Gb patch - at which point i disconnected my xbox one from wifi and tried again and it let me play then campaign with the wifi disconnected (an option to play offline would have been nice rather than forcing me to disconnect from wifi) not that into pvp so not sure if i'm gonna bother patching it - to be honest i'm already back on destiny anyway gunplay is much more satisfying than halos guns

Isondead, Oct 14, 2017
  3. Eisidor
    Eisidor Guest
    connecting to wifi

HI all,

Currently I have a problem with my Xbox one console. Since thursday it isn't able to connect to my wifi. All my other devices however can connect with my wifi. The name and password is correct (I checked when I disconnected my phone from wifi and connected
    again). I also disconnected the power for a minute and connected it again but to no avail. can someone help me?

Eisidor, Oct 14, 2017
  4. thomgamer2004 Win User

xbox one randomly disconnects from xbox live

when i disconnected the wifi and connected again it worked again (the wifi for my xbox)
  5. floppy butts55 Win User

Xbox 360 freezes when Connecting to Xbox Live

my Xbox wont le me get past the grey loading screen. and when i disconnect the wifi and start the xbox back up, it does the splash logo and freezes on a black screen
  6. InoknI Win User

Xbox One kan inte ansluta till WiFi [Translation - Xbox One can't connect to WiFi]

Hi there (sorry for my english mistakes)

I have probably the same issue.

When I start or restart my Xbox one X it doesn't connect to my wifi network. The name of the wifi network is written but there is no connection

I have already try :

- To restart my router ==> I didn't change anything for month and it worked well with my first xbox one and my actual xbox one X before this issue. All my other devices (smart tv, phone, computer) are well connected to my wifi

- To reconnect the xbox one x to the wifi with Settings / system / network / disconnect and then new connection

- To power cycle the console, holding the start button for 10 seconds until the console shut down and disconnecting and reconnecting the power cable

- To restart after clearing the mac adresse

- To do a factory reset ==> The first start after the reset, i can reconnect the console to the wifi network (so I think I have no issue with my router), but if I shut down the xbox or restart the console. I lose the network. I have to do a new factory reset
    to reconnect the console

Thank you for your help.
  7. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

XBOX ONE X

8. michaelbundesen Win User

xb1x wireless problems S T I L L

sorry just getting fed up been doing it since 2 weeks after i purchased it. Now lets see what i've done so far lmao.

1. i've changed Nat type from coned - https://www.reddit.com/r/Xbox_One_X/comments/8nz661/permanent_fix_to_xbox_one_x_disconnecting_from/ - worked for 2 hours or so then i disconnected.

2.refreshed nat type as per xbox test multiplayer page

3. i made my ip static - still disconnect

4. ive tried my 2.4ghz wifi, i experience a decent amount of lags at first then after some time i disconnected

5. tried moving xbox closer to see if interference with wifi but i still disconnect.

6. i checked to see if i was signed into any xbox apps which i wasn't

7. replaced xfinity router with netgear nighthawk xr500- still disconnect

8. i restart my xbox - regarding this it never fully shuts down before i turn it back on, its like a flash off but it comes back on with wifi. it keeps me signed into my profile and still has my game running, the past 3 hours though ive been getting dropped
    from my profile completely. When testing connection it tells me im still connected to wifi but tells me to connect to wifi on the main page.

9. replaced entire xbox with new one.

i never seem to disconnect when sitting on the home page, and when using netflix or something of the sort i never have intense buffering. Not sure if i ever disconnect when using those services since i never notice.

Also a side not if you didn't see it, i have the original Xbox one that i use when i get too frustrated with the 1x. That being said i never disconnect when using that one i just unplug the 1x and plug in the one in the same exact spot. starting to think
    im just getting dropped from xbox live
Thema:

1. XBOX One Wifi disconnected when "starting" - Similar Threads - Wifi disconnected starting

2. X box series s disconnects from wifi every time i turn it off and on, what can i do to fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box series s disconnects from wifi every time i turn it off and on, what can i do to fix it?: My xbox keeps on disconnecting every time i log in to play, and when i try to reconnect it to WiFi, it takes up to 30 tries to be successful, is really stressful having to type the password 30...
  3. Why does my Xbox disconnect from 5g WiFi when I’m downloading games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox disconnect from 5g WiFi when I’m downloading games?: When I am downloading a game, my Xbox will hold a 105+ mbps download speed. But starting a couple of months ago, my Xbox randomly disconnects from the WiFi only when I’m downloading games. Does...
  4. Xbox randomly disconnects from wifi for roughly 10 seconds at a time?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox randomly disconnects from wifi for roughly 10 seconds at a time?: Xbox randomly disconnects from WIFI for roughly 10 seconds at a time. I am hard wired to the router I have spoken to my internet providers and there is no issue on their end. My Xbox will run...
  5. Xbox series x keeps disconnecting from wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x keeps disconnecting from wifi: Why can’t I simply call a number to get help from something that isn’t a chatbot? My brand new series x will not let me play anything online for more than a minute before booting me off. It is not...
  6. How can I fix my Xbox always disconnecting from the wifi and getting it to connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I fix my Xbox always disconnecting from the wifi and getting it to connect: Whenever I try to connect to my Wifi for the first time in a day It is always disconnected from my Xbox and when I try to connect again, it just says "Can't connect. Check your network name and...
  7. Wifi keeps disconnecting for a second

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wifi keeps disconnecting for a second: I have a xbox one s and 2 days ago my wifi went out for a couple hours ever since then the xbox cant seem to get a stable connection it will connect to my wifi but a couple seconds later it will...
  8. My Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting from the wifi for short periods of time, but only...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting from the wifi for short periods of time, but only...: My console seems to drop out of connection with the wifi, but only during online play. This has happened with Titanfall 2, Fortnite, and now Halo Infinite. 3f120b71-ba3b-42b9-984f-ee1328f309be
  9. My Xbox keeps disconnecting from my wifi at night

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox keeps disconnecting from my wifi at night: For the last few days after 11:30ish my Xbox keeps disconnecting from my wifi for 30 seconds or so when I’m in games, so I get kicked out from games and parties I’m in. I basically play only...
  10. Xbox series X keeps disconnecting from my WiFi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X keeps disconnecting from my WiFi: My Xbox series X will be working fine for few hours, then out of nowhere it will disconnect me from my current WiFi. When I try to connect to it again it asks for a MAC address, which I know how...