Xbox One was a brilliant Machine...Until My friend got one, then the faults began

Discus and support Xbox One was a brilliant Machine...Until My friend got one, then the faults began in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The XB1 dashboard is terrible though come on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DaiZwei, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Xbox One was a brilliant Machine...Until My friend got one, then the faults began

The XB1 dashboard is terrible though come on...

Alchemist Don, Jan 6, 2014
  2. Boas BS5
    Boas BS5 Guest
    [quote user="Genchy"]

I completely disagree with you Boas that there are more digs at the PS4 on here, I have no problem with anyone discussing the PS4 but tossers who keep posting about resolution and all the rest of the crap whilst slating the One I do have a problem with.

[/quote]

I get that the whole resolution argument is stupid especially when most people dont understand it (including myself). I guess in this situatiuon we shall have to disagree.

@Lofty i post here as i still own a 360 and intend to get an XO. I also post on the ps4 forums. I post when im at work, believe me i would nto be posting on any forum when i could be gaming, my gaming time is limited enough! (not saying your post was aimed
    at me, just chucking my 2 pence worth in like i do)

Boas BS5, Jan 6, 2014
  3. TheTakenRisk
    TheTakenRisk Guest
    [quote user="Lofty Who"]

... again it's different for everyone.

[/quote]

Definitely agree with you there.

-

I Had both consoles as i wanted to make the right decision for me and the only true way i would have known is to use both for a while......... i dont really have enough spare time to warrant keeping both so i knew that one would be sold a few weeks after
    launch (while people are still paying top dollar for them on ebay).

-

As a result, the PS4 was sold yesterday........ the Xbox One is just the better console for me at this current moment in time. I Know that each console may (and probably will) change quite dramatically over time, like we saw with the 360. But, in my opinion,
    there is no right or wrong decision in general, there is just a better option for each individual and i certainly wouldnt knock anyone for preferring the PS4. Its a personal choice and if you are happy with your choice then why care if someone has opted for
    the alternative?

TheTakenRisk, Jan 6, 2014
  4. Whagi
    Whagi Guest

Xbox One was a brilliant Machine...Until My friend got one, then the faults began

[quote user="Alchemist Don"]

The XB1 dashboard is terrible though come on...

[/quote]

I don't find either the Xbox One nor PS4 GUIs that bad for first versions. They both certainly could do with improvements. These will be added as time goes by, both will evolve greatly, as they always have over the next few years.

Whagi, Jan 6, 2014
  5. Whagi
    Whagi Guest
    [quote user="That Grumpy Git"]

As a result, the PS4 was sold yesterday........ the Xbox One is just the better console for me at this current moment in time.

[/quote]

I can see where your coming from. My Ps4 has sat unused since I finished Killzone. Nothing to play on it, in fact I was that desperate that I nearly bought Knack for it at the weekend, but my wife stopped me. Xbox One was a brilliant Machine...Until My friend got one, then the faults began :)

It just needs more games!

That's why the Xbox One for me is getting more love right now, it just has so many more games right now.

I'm not selling the PS4 though, as they will come, and I love my Japanese exclusives Xbox One was a brilliant Machine...Until My friend got one, then the faults began :)

Whagi, Jan 6, 2014
  6. John Dowding
    John Dowding Guest
    I find the XB1 dashboard fine, but I only use voice commands to navigate the UI and if works flawlessly for me 99% of the time.

John Dowding, Jan 6, 2014
  7. ShaunPerry
    ShaunPerry Guest
    [quote user="Genchy"]

I find the XB1 dashboard fine, but I only use voice commands to navigate the UI and if works flawlessly for me 99% of the time.

[/quote]

You still want a PS4 though don't you mate. Come on...........Admit it!!!

We won't think any less of you.

Much! lol

ShaunPerry, Jan 6, 2014
  8. Xbox One was a brilliant Machine...Until My friend got one, then the faults began

I love the Xbox One. I think the dashboard could do with an overhaul and I dislike the 'party chat / invite to game' method, but on the whole, I'm quite impressed with it. Comparing the Xbox 360 interface from day one to how the Xbox 360 looks now is a good
    way to look at what to expect from the Xbox One and I have no doubt what so ever that it will come along suitably.

Personally what I would like to see:

• Some background wallpapers and themes.
    • The ability to make the boxes smaller / bigger on the dashboard, like windows 8.
    • The option to switch to classic view (something like the 360 interface).

How likely is any of that going to happen? Who knows, but one thing is for certain. Not everyone likes change, its about adapting to whats at hand and if that's something I have to do to stick through this generation than I'm okay with that but overall,
    I'm just glad that new implementations will come at some point.

Now, I'm not a huge Sony fan. Though I'm sure anyone who knows the origins of my gamertag can stand there and tell me that my gamertag comes from a title that was exclusive to the Playstation. Darklink 900, my brother, has a gamertag that originates from
    a title that's exclusive to the Nintendo 64. It doesn't matter what manufacturer sells more or which console has the larger audience or what console has more pixels than the other. What matters is that we all have fun playing on what ever platform we like
    to use, regardless of our backgrounds.

Comparison between consoles never usually ends well and they always escalate to a war of loyalty. Which is silly because the one true important thing that matters, is always left trailing in the dust, preference. Users that come to these forums just to
    point out how uber excellent the PS4 is and how uber sucky the Xbox is, don't usually last that long. There's nothing wrong with opinions, but they have to be constructive.

Just my opinions there.

Xbox One was a brilliant Machine...Until My friend got one, then the faults began :)

Mark Sherwood, Jan 6, 2014
  9. John Dowding
    John Dowding Guest
    @Boas I can but dare to dream my friend! ;-)

John Dowding, Jan 6, 2014
  10. ShaunPerry
    ShaunPerry Guest
    G'day Cloud!

I agree mate. I paid 430 notes for my xbox one and am loving every minute.

Evolution is the key. How will Microsoft take our comments and suggestions and change the system?

Who remembers the 'Blades' when the 360 was released?

Just look at the dash now. How many extra features and improvements?

If we hadn't bought our shiney black slab on day one, would MS get the feedback to make it better?

Sony are in the same boat. Change, adapt, improve.

Everyones a winner as without competition, there would be no push for improvement.

ShaunPerry, Jan 6, 2014
  11. neilhorgan
    neilhorgan Guest
    [quote user="Boas BS5"]

@Lofty @Genchy @Neurotic Hog

I think theres more digs at the ps4 than the other way around,is that okay because its a xbox forum? I myself hate to see people talk rubbish about either console so if i see it il call it out on a xbox or ps forum and on information for either console.
    I didnt realise not owning one, means people cannot discuss it?

[/quote]My comment was directed at Primofusion and i'm sure he knows why

neilhorgan, Jan 6, 2014
  12. Boas BS5
    Boas BS5 Guest
    [quote user="NEUROTIC HOG"]

My comment was directed at Primofusion and i'm sure he knows why

[/quote]

I know just thought i would include you as you were kinda involved in the general discussion of comments r.e. 'the great consople debate lol'

Boas BS5, Jan 6, 2014
  13. Xbox One was a brilliant Machine...Until My friend got one, then the faults began

Personally I would have preferred the Xbox One to have been a souped up Xbox 360, they had the gamer experience spot on with 360 and access to everything was easy and intuitive it just needed the next gen graphic capabilities adding.

The Great Mim, Jan 6, 2014
  14. Lofty Who
    Lofty Who Guest
    [quote user="Boas BS5"]

[quote user="Genchy"]

I completely disagree with you Boas that there are more digs at the PS4 on here, I have no problem with anyone discussing the PS4 but tossers who keep posting about resolution and all the rest of the crap whilst slating the One I do have a problem with.

[/quote]

I get that the whole resolution argument is stupid especially when most people dont understand it (including myself). I guess in this situatiuon we shall have to disagree.

@Lofty i post here as i still own a 360 and intend to get an XO. I also post on the ps4 forums. I post when im at work, believe me i would nto be posting on any forum when i could be gaming, my gaming time is limited enough! (not saying your post was aimed
    at me, just chucking my 2 pence worth in like i do)

[/quote]

I get what your saying fella and I'll stress my post wasn't aimed at you or anyone in particular. Everyone has a right to post where they want and I have absolutely no problem with anyone that doesn't like the Xbox One, at the moment I'm not liking it much
    with the "dashboarding" issues I keep getting ( and I'm not the only one ) but ..

There's often GT turn up here ( and it happens on the Sony forums ) that no-one has seen before ( probably a regular hiding behind another tag lol ) that just post to lets say "troll" and again fair enough if they don't like Xbox One, it's absolutely no skin
    off of my nose, I really couldn't care less but my way of thinking is, if I didn't like Xbox One, why would I keep needing to post about it, telling everyone how bad it is? I just can't get my head around this, for me this would be a total waste of time but
    each to their own.

I've said before I don't think there's nothing wrong with debating each console, trouble is a lot of the time it turns into some stupid childish argument.

My take on each console so far ...

Xbox One - I'm enjoying it ( not as much as I did at the start though ) I do like Kinect and what Microsoft are trying to do, something a little different and I love the look of the line up of games coming and it has some top notch titles already out but it
    needs issues fixing ASAP! Now I know not everyone has issues as bad as others, some not at all but even from talking to friends/family, I'm not alone with the problems of games "dashboarding" .. this can be a royal pain in the backside and this is my main
    concern at the moment and as time goes on I'm agreeing with what others have said that Xbox One does feel a little "rushed" ... I'm sure with a few updates etc Microsoft will get it right and I know people will say being an early adopter you expect problems,
    I do but didn't expect it to be so ( at times ) annoying!

Playstation 4.

Granted I've not used it as much as Xbox One but I'm VERY impressed, not had one single issues with error messages, no problems starting parties, everything is so quick on the dashboard, no waiting about, the new joystick is a massive improvement over the DS3,
    downloads from the PSN store are quick, no complaints here.

Now we have hit 2014 I know there's a lot more titles I want not too far off, Drive Club, Infamous etc so I won't be wanting for games.

My only slight concern with Sony is their Network, again from my own experience I've had no issues, starting/joining parties, played loads of Killzone online, no issues finding games, no issues with lag but according to a post over the weekend just gone, PSN
    has been completely down 4 times ( don't know for what time periods ) and it like others have said lets hope Sony with all the extra money they are getting from people who want to play MP, they pump some money back in to making PSN a little more stable lets
    say.

Lofty Who, Jan 6, 2014
  15. KALEEF
    KALEEF Guest
    The blades that launched with the 360 was the best dash for any console ever and it only ever got worse once they moved away from them, the way the 360 dash is now is a real step backwards to the blades in my opinion.

-

On topic of the rubbish xbox one dash how do I snap friends to the side of my screen as can't seem to get it to work? or is there a voice command to take me straight to friends or any other way to get to friends without a load of button presses and searching?
    I ask because I wanted to go to friends while I was in a bf4 lobby to check summat and tried snap but could not get to friends? buy the time I actually got to friends and back to bf4 the game had already started?

KALEEF, Jan 6, 2014
Thema:

1. Xbox One was a brilliant Machine...Until My friend got one, then the faults began - Similar Threads - was brilliant Machine

2. Multiple Xbox Controllers on Win 10 machine, select Player 1

in XBoX on Consoles
    Multiple Xbox Controllers on Win 10 machine, select Player 1: Hello, I have 4 xbox controllers plugged in on my Win 10 machine, every time the PC resets different controller is set up as player 1/default controller, its like the ID's of the controllers...
  3. Gears 5 VR? So want to say xcloud is brilliant very little to fault and can play on Gear VR.

in XboX Insiders
    Gears 5 VR? So want to say xcloud is brilliant very little to fault and can play on Gear VR.: [IMG] submitted by /u/ilovmyselfalot [link] [comments]
  4. External Drive is Brilliant!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    External Drive is Brilliant!: I had read a piece on how getting an external device improves the speed of Fallout's incredibly long load times. Once I got my 1 TB drive for $60 and installed every game I own (About 25 titles!)...
  5. Brilliant game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Brilliant game: I have played DR1 and DR2, but I have enjoyed this game the most. The smartglass intergration is briliant even though the drone strike thing can sometimes bug. Unfortunately one of the...
  6. I'm late to the party, but GTA V is brilliant.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm late to the party, but GTA V is brilliant.: I wish GTA IV wasn't so horrible because I wouldn't of held out on GTA V for so long. I bought it during the Christmas Sale. I only played tonight without knowing anything about any of the...
  7. 3 brilliant suggestions for 1 brilliant console. Please Read

in XBoX on Consoles
    3 brilliant suggestions for 1 brilliant console. Please Read: 1. Unresponsiveness and delay Please please release a TESTED STABLE Operating system update to correct the random unresponsiveness in menus and the Xbox guide/interaction menu, soon. 2.Buttons...
  8. Get a break down of your REP, brilliant.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Get a break down of your REP, brilliant.: First time in my life I have been given a perfect rating Woop Woop! fb594568-6be9-48d3-9ea0-7192995e869c
  9. Powerstar Golf is utterly utterly brilliant.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Powerstar Golf is utterly utterly brilliant.: I got this game day one with Forza, Dead rising, Need for speed, Ryse, Lococycle and Fifa and have since bought Max the curse of brotherhood too but by far the most time I have spent on my console...
  10. 1st factory reset and brilliant results,Woop!XB1 ROCKS.

in XBoX on Consoles
    1st factory reset and brilliant results,Woop!XB1 ROCKS.: Ok after trying everything to sort my forza vip pass,the factory reset was my only option....I unistalled evrything all15 games and addons,all apps....removed family,removed all profiles, I was...