XBOX ONE voice chat doesn't work unless ADULT setting is selected.

Discus and support XBOX ONE voice chat doesn't work unless ADULT setting is selected. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Just got an XBOX One. Had a 360 for years and no problems with settings and talking to my friends. We only had it set on Friends only for chat and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Fireshield-52E207C2-0430-4556-A5A0-94318C7AA52D, Dec 27, 2015.

1. XBOX ONE voice chat doesn't work unless ADULT setting is selected.

Just got an XBOX One. Had a 360 for years and no problems with settings and talking to my friends. We only had it set on Friends only for chat and tells and it worked great. When we got the ONE and did all the settings but chat doesn't work to people on
    our friends list like it should. Unless it is turned on ADULT I get an error when in the chat about chat preferences. When I select TEEN or customized I get an error. Only on adult can i hear my friends on my friends list.

My friend turns his on teen and it works fine. We can hear each other. But on system that is not the case. I don't want to hear other people when playing games cussing up a storm like i did this afternoon when I got into game chat i think it was not paying
    attention.

Anyway to have it so I only hear and can talk to my friends? I am having issues.

:)

Fireshield-52E207C2-0430-4556-A5A0-94318C7AA52D, Dec 27, 2015
  2. KTINTZ
    KTINTZ Guest
    ignorant kinect

My xbox one isn't listening to me at all. Even saying "xbox" in a silent room doesn't work? ??

I've checked the wires. It works to see me. I've sound calibrated it which was successful and still nothing. Also checked if it's selected in the settings and is but not for chat.

Ideas?

KTINTZ, Dec 27, 2015
  3. barneystuta
    barneystuta Guest
    Astro Headsets A30/A40/A50 , the New Headset Adapter with Surround Sound

I think, unless you have a mod (like yours) or the headset adapter you are not able to use the mixer. In other words, as I am set up now, with just an optical to mixer to the header, there is one audio source. So how can that be mixed?

The Xbox One outputs game chat by default with the main audio unless a headset is attached also. This then splits the audio out between game audio and voice.

Without that split, you are not able to adjust the dial on the mix amp to just have voice chat or just have game audio.

With your set up, where you do have your voice chat, then you can "mix" XBOX ONE voice chat doesn't work unless ADULT setting is selected. :)

Think that makes sense XBOX ONE voice chat doesn't work unless ADULT setting is selected. :D

barneystuta, Dec 27, 2015
  4. XBOX ONE voice chat doesn't work unless ADULT setting is selected.

RobertBuckalew, Dec 27, 2015
  5. RobertBuckalew Win User

6. Phoenix_Reins Win User

Headset Echoing

Hi ABCD,

If other people in your party are complaining about hearing their voice echo back or strange squawk type noises, first try adjusting your "Headset Volume" in the Xbox Guide down one notch from maximum (try two notches if one doesn't work):

If you hear everyone else in your party echo when in party chat, it is likely due to the Xbox One being set to output party chat audio to both speakers and the headset at the same time.

To change this setting:

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Settings.

Select All Settings.

Select Display & sound.

Select Volume.

Select Party chat output

Select Headset

Hope this helps.
  7. T3chnlgydude Win User

Why can't I hear others on my team in call of duty black ops 4 BLACKOUT?

Make sure that your console settings are not blocking voice chat

Here’s how:

On the Xbox Dashboard, go to Settings and then select Privacy.

Select Change Settings.

Select Customize.

Select Voice and Text, and then choose either Everyone or Friends Only.
  8. ClausReich Win User

Cross platform chatting

In this case, try to change your account's privacy settings. Go to Settings > Account > Privacy & online safety > Xbox privacy.

Select the Adult default settings,

After that, you can turn off your Xbox, and then wait for 10-15 minutes. Then, try to play a game and check if you can hear the cross-platform voice chat.
  9. Rk2p Win User

Xbox mic not working

It's probably a fortnite issue, the only way to use game chat in fortnite is by going to voice chat in the pause menu and turning it on from there, if that doesn't work you can go to audio settings ingame and disable voice chat then re-enable it. This
    has always worked for me but if it doesn't I would report the bug to fortnite.
Thema:

1. XBOX ONE voice chat doesn't work unless ADULT setting is selected. - Similar Threads - voice chat doesn't

2. Does voice chat ban affect party voice chat too?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Does voice chat ban affect party voice chat too?: If someone gets a voice chat ban in warzone, does that affect their own party voice chat too? My party can’t hear me in my party but I can hear them d2250211-35af-481f-9348-72eac4eeedd7
  3. When will Xbox Roblox -Voice chat/ chat ever be added

in XBoX Accessibility
    When will Xbox Roblox -Voice chat/ chat ever be added: When you join a game on Xbox version of ROBLOX it doesn't even have working option's for Voice chat, if you go to leaderboard the only option for voice chat is to enable it or disable it none...
  4. 2 Xboxes same network voice chat problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    2 Xboxes same network voice chat problems: We have 2 Xboxes, an Xbox One Series X and an Xbox One X. Both running Plantronics wireless headsets. NAT is open. State of the art Black Hawk router current Gen $700 I paid for it. These xboxes...
  5. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  6. need help fixing xbox voice chat automatically being set to one

in XBoX on Windows
    need help fixing xbox voice chat automatically being set to one: While i was in an xbox voice chat with some friends on pc, i changed the voice chat volume and once I did the xbox voice chat volume was set to one in the volume mixer and i couldn't change it. I...
  7. Can`t hera mates in the voice chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can`t hera mates in the voice chat: Hello, I have the following problem: When I want to play together with my friend in a voice chat, I can't hear him. We have tried using the Xbox Party Chat and Discord. I use a Wireless Turtle...
  8. Discord voice chat does appear on my xbox but I can use it when I switch regions

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Discord voice chat does appear on my xbox but I can use it when I switch regions: So the title describes practically everything, I can't use discord on my xbox, the discord tab just isn't there, but when I switch regions or console location the tab is there and I can use...
  9. I suggest there be a way to report party chat voice communicatio

in XboX Insiders
    I suggest there be a way to report party chat voice communicatio: I suggest there be a way to report party chat voice communication. There is a way to report in-game voice communication, but not party chat. I have the Series X, when in party there is no option...
  10. Am I banned? Why doesn't my voice chat work?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Am I banned? Why doesn't my voice chat work?: Im on xbox one s and my voice chat isn't working in xbox party chats or in Fortnite but when I made a new account it works perfectly fine in xbox chats and in Fortnite so my mic isnt broken and I...