Xbox One VERY slow, Kinect related?

Discus and support Xbox One VERY slow, Kinect related? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I am having major issues with my X1 that just arose today. My brother began playing Assassin's Creed this morning and everything was normal.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CJ7986, Jan 4, 2014.

1. CJ7986
    CJ7986 Guest

Hello, I am having major issues with my X1 that just arose today. My brother began playing Assassin's Creed this morning and everything was normal. After about 2 hours, the frame rate dipped significantly (probably 10-15 fps, as it was certainly noticeable)
    and stayed at that rate. I told him to restart the console to see if that fixed the issue, and that's when we began to notice a plethora of issues. The Kinect continually disconnects and reconnects itself. The red lights inside stay on (for the most
    part - I'll get into that in a second) but the white one flips on and off as it connects/disconnects.

What's weird, and most annoying, is that the console now runs incredibly slowly. Startup takes easily 10x longer. Previously, I had never even seen the green Xbox one splash screen. Now it sits on that screen for 30-60 seconds before advancing to the
    dashboard. I can navigate through the main tiles okay, and even launch - for example - AC4 with no performance issues in the game. It runs into problems when I try to go into tiles, such as "games & apps", taking several minutes to even load those tiles. I
    also have a hard time with sign-in, with each navigation action taking 1 minute or more (getting to a profile all the way to the right can take 5+ minutes). While trying this sign-in process, the Kinect continues to connect/disconnect, but I notice with each
    navigation action, the red lights also flip off (which normally they stay on).

All of the above issues persist with Kinect completely disconnected. The console was unboxed on Dec 25th and use hasn't exceeded a couple hours each day - including use for TV. Pretty unbelievable for a piece of hardware supposedly designed to be the
    centerpiece of your entertainment center.

In trying to diagnose the issue, the only things I can come up with are 1) damaged Kinect - unlikely as issues persist without it. Or, 2) Damaged RAM. Lack of memory may explain the struggling Kinect and slowness of actions outside the main dashboard.

Any help is appreciated.

:)

CJ7986, Jan 4, 2014
  2. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest
    Xbox One very slow

DallasJ104

Let's start with the basics. Do a hard reset on your console. Hold the power button on the console for 10 seconds or until the unit powers down completely. Wait about 5 minutes then restart the console and see if the performance improves. Post back and
    let us know the results.

{Parity}, Jan 4, 2014
  3. DallasJ104
    DallasJ104 Guest
    Xbox One very slow

today on my Xbox one it was taking forever to load anything maybe 30 minutes to load anything like in destiny it takes me 30 minutes to go to the tower

DallasJ104, Jan 4, 2014
  4. Xbox One VERY slow, Kinect related?

CJ, Perform a Soft reset..With power on, press X1 power button for 8-10 seconds. After shut down, wait 30 seconds, reboot. It will take a bit longer to boot as its reseting.

if that don't work, Hard reset would be next, settings, system info, "factory reset". Games saved to the cloud will re-download after account re-established. Its a pain to do a hard reset, yet like myself i had to do it a few times unfortunately.

good luck..

PrimitiveMeat, Jan 4, 2014
  5. I have the same issues with my x1 its incredibly slow with start up and going to different tiles, highly disappointed with this consoles performance, the 360 by far beats it in speed and quality, downloading games takes about 30mins, I have high speed internet
    and still the updates can take forever. Are these just defects in the first gen of the x1?

WrLrd0fAlGreece, Apr 22, 2014
  6. First do a reboot hold console button 8 seconds wait at least 10seconds+ power back up this usually fixes the slowness.

Games are a larger for the Xboxone

GrowlingYapper, Oct 31, 2018
  7. WrLrd0fAlGreece Win User

I have the same issues with my x1 its incredibly slow with start up and going to different tiles, highly disappointed with this consoles performance, the 360 by far beats it in speed and quality, downloading games takes about 30mins, I have high speed internet
    and still the updates can take forever. Are these just defects in the first gen of the x1?
  8. PrimitiveMeat Win User

CJ, Perform a Soft reset..With power on, press X1 power button for 8-10 seconds. After shut down, wait 30 seconds, reboot. It will take a bit longer to boot as its reseting.

if that don't work, Hard reset would be next, settings, system info, "factory reset". Games saved to the cloud will re-download after account re-established. Its a pain to do a hard reset, yet like myself i had to do it a few times unfortunately.

good luck..
  9. GrowlingYapper Win User

First do a reboot hold console button 8 seconds wait at least 10seconds+ power back up this usually fixes the slowness.

Games are a larger for the Xboxone
  10. THANOS OPRESSOR Win User

Download speeds not the same as what they appear to be

On Xbox One I had recent problems in relation to this issue, it was downloading very slow, discouraging and my internet is good, then it normalized, but the problem I really have is with the 360, it is a slow that even with the direct connection cable
    on console does not solve, downloading gold games on 360 takes forever.
  11. {Parity} Win User

Xbox One very slow

DallasJ104

Let's start with the basics. Do a hard reset on your console. Hold the power button on the console for 10 seconds or until the unit powers down completely. Wait about 5 minutes then restart the console and see if the performance improves. Post back and
    let us know the results.
Thema:

1. Xbox One VERY slow, Kinect related? - Similar Threads - VERY slow Kinect

2. Xbox one X - endlessly loading on start up, freezing randomly, very slow, games will not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X - endlessly loading on start up, freezing randomly, very slow, games will not...: My Xbox will sometimes continuously load on the start up screen for 10-20 minutes maybe more or just won’t load at all. After resetting it multiple times and unplugging it will still sometimes do...
  3. Microsoft Xbox games download is VERY VERY SLOW

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Xbox games download is VERY VERY SLOW: XBOX App for win10/11 still downloading slow ******* I have tried the following fixes: ************ Uninstall the Xbox app through App Settings 1. Open the Settings on your computer by...
  4. Microsoft Xbox games download is VERY VERY SLOW

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Xbox games download is VERY VERY SLOW: Hello, I'm trying to download some games I bought via the Xbox application but the download is really slow. I have a 1GB/s fiber connection, I've checked all the settings and everything is...
  5. Fortnite cloud gaming on PC is very slow and laggy yet works fine on mobile. Any idea why??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fortnite cloud gaming on PC is very slow and laggy yet works fine on mobile. Any idea why??: Fortnite cloud gaming on PC is very slow and laggy yet works fine on mobile. Any idea why?? 3255d2d3-4bae-4eb3-88f6-fd4dc4c9b95c
  6. very slow download speed - xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    very slow download speed - xbox app: just awful, i have tried every single suggestion on the forums nothing helped, i'm never buying anything XBOX or GAME PASS ever again. i got high end pc, router 300mb, every available update,...
  7. How to fix very slow XBOX one S after update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix very slow XBOX one S after update?: I updated my Xbox a couple of days ago and since then it has been pretty much unusable as it has been so slow. It takes more than five minutes to load from the green screen. Then another few...
  8. Xbox suddenly doesn't download, open apps and is very slow

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox suddenly doesn't download, open apps and is very slow: So ive tried hard reset and even did a factory reset last night, I was able to download one game from that but this morning it's exactly back to how it was... All downloads just sit in queue and...
  9. Sometimes my laptop is very slow for seemingly no reason

in XBoX on Windows
    Sometimes my laptop is very slow for seemingly no reason: Normally my laptop runs great. No issues at all, but there are times when I restart my laptop and it will run extremely slow, I use it primarily for video games, so I will be playing a agame, and...
  10. Download slows to a very slow speed and stops every few seconds

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Download slows to a very slow speed and stops every few seconds: In the past couple of days I've been trying to install Ark: Survival Evolved on the Microsoft Store, but my download speed will start decreasing rapidly and eventually it will stop the download...