Xbox One Update - External Hard Drive Fail?

Discus and support Xbox One Update - External Hard Drive Fail? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So last update my console said was 3/26/2020 Since then my EHD has failed and now I have to reinstall 3 days worth of game installation. like. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Robashiku, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Robashiku
    Robashiku Guest

So last update my console said was 3/26/2020

Since then my EHD has failed and now I have to reinstall 3 days worth of game installation.

like.

I left my house with my xbox off, came home and my xbox is on?

Next, I notice its taking wayyyyyyyy too long just to start any game... literally any game.

I get the xbox code of doom 0x989 ect ect ect.. read up on the xbox website you guys had an update on the console regarding Storage??

so somehow that messed up my external HD I have nooooo clue.

on 3/25 i was playing games just fine. then this happens. I'm so disappointed and in my feelings cause these games ain't small and it takes a while to install.

:)

Robashiku, Mar 27, 2020
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox 360 slim corrupting files?

Hi,

Simple answer, your hard drive is failing. Fix? Buy a new hard drive or use an external hard drive. The Xbox 360 supports external hard drives up to 2 TB.

Hard drives die and before they do, they generally exhibit, disk read errors, corrupted files none working games. Hard disk drives are mechanical with moving parts, its it not if they fail its a matter of when.
  3. wi7bit Win User

My external hard drive isn’t letting me play games on my Xbox series S

Hi Bee A Peach

Xbox Series optimized games will only work on the internal storage, so would have to be copied there to play them anyway. But if games that are stored on your external hard drive that not optimized and are playing up, then it would sound like it is failing.

How old is the external drive? Hard disc drives (HDD) will fail after a while. Especially if it is old. Time for a new one....
  4. matty360 Win User
  5. matty360 Win User

Hard drive already full, we have 12 games installed on the hard drive (no demos or music just games) today we bought wolfenstein only to be told we cannot install due t

6. matty360 Win User

Xbox One needs the ability to add an external hard drive.

Thema:

1. Xbox One Update - External Hard Drive Fail? - Similar Threads - Update External Hard

2. HDMI cec no longer works after latest update

in XboX Insiders
    HDMI cec no longer works after latest update: The latest update has completely broken the hdmi cec function on my series x. Pressing the home button on the remote no longer changes the input. I’ve checked all settings and done everything I...
  3. Can’t update my Xbox. It can’t read the update from the disc and now won’t play any game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t update my Xbox. It can’t read the update from the disc and now won’t play any game: We put a newer game in consol and needed to update but can’t read the update form the disc and now won’t let any game play bca5ba6e-b674-4ed2-ba99-cc56492662bb
  4. Is anyone else’s Seagate external drive not connecting after new Xbox update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else’s Seagate external drive not connecting after new Xbox update?: After the update to the Xbox console recently my external hard drive isn’t connecting to my Xbox anymore. I have the Xbox series x and a 5T external Seagate hard drive. Is it happening to others...
  5. Problem capturing gameplay in the new update - Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Problem capturing gameplay in the new update - Series X: Hey guys! A few weeks ago I was part of the Insider program, I was in the Omega ring (OS Version 10.0.25398.4086), and my Xbox started having problems recording, I simply couldn't start...
  6. Controller Firmware Update - Messed up my controller?!?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Firmware Update - Messed up my controller?!?: This is REALLY frustrating, recently I have had major issues with my series x controller that apparently ALOT of other people have been having for the last few years! Out of game the left joystick...
  7. New Xbox one S update makes my xbox crash evertime my external hard drive connects

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox one S update makes my xbox crash evertime my external hard drive connects: My WD Black D10 was working fine with my console until the last update. Now when the HD is plugged in, my console makes a freezing noise and shuts down and it keeps repeating in this cycle. There...
  8. Updating console with external ssd

in XboX Insiders
    Updating console with external ssd: Hi. I had a performance issue on my Series S after a update that affected games that run on my external ssd. My ssd was plugged in when i updated. Do i have to plugged out the ssd when I'm getting...
  9. Xbox One external HD showing as full with nothing on it after a system update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One external HD showing as full with nothing on it after a system update.: On Friday 16th June 2023 at 17:23, our Xbox One did a system update. When it was next used on Saturday the 17th June 2023, everything previously installed on the external hard drive was missing....
  10. External HDD stopped being recognized after latest update

in XboX Insiders
    External HDD stopped being recognized after latest update: After newest alpha update today (26 May 2023) my external HDD is not recognized by my Xbox Series X. I have tried rebooting it and following all the steps found online and it will not load....