Xbox one UK user, Judder/Stutter of video playback from Films

Discus and support Xbox one UK user, Judder/Stutter of video playback from Films in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; We've been trying to watch Insurgent (part of the divergent series) and Hanna, but when the playback occurs it suffers from judder/stutter. This... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by foxoioioi, Jul 12, 2016.

1. foxoioioi
    foxoioioi Guest

We've been trying to watch Insurgent (part of the divergent series) and Hanna, but when the playback occurs it suffers from judder/stutter. This appears to be a common problem with a known resolution, however the resolution doesn't work for me.

Xbox One Video Stuttering | TV or Monitor | Xbox One Console

I have the xBox plugged into an Yamaha amp and I can see the input signal coming in to the amp. Even when I have tried switching over to 50hz the Xbox flatly refuses to output 50hz.and is only inputting 60hz. Being in the UK it would suggest the setting
    is not being honoured in the above.

Is this a problem with the XBox or is this to do with the encode on the video? Any ideas how to fix this?

:)

foxoioioi, Jul 12, 2016
  2. foxoioioi
    foxoioioi Guest
    Xbox one UK user, Judder/Stutter of video playback from Films and TV

We've been trying to watch Insurgent (part of the divergent series) and Hanna, but when the playback occurs it suffers from judder/stutter. This appears to be a common problem with a known resolution, however the resolution doesn't work for me.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/stuttering-video

I have the xBox plugged into an Yamaha amp and I can see the input signal coming in to the amp. Even when I have tried switching over to 50hz the Xbox flatly refuses to output 50hz.and is only inputting 60hz. Being in the UK it would suggest
    the setting is not being honoured in the above.

Is this a problem with the XBox or is this to do with the encode on the video? Any ideas how to fix this?

foxoioioi, Jul 12, 2016
  3. MajorEasy1
    MajorEasy1 Guest
    Xbox video - stuttering/juddering picture

Anybody else experience picture problems when streaming movies (rental and purchased) from Xbox Video - the picture seems to stutter/judder all the way through !!

MajorEasy1, Jul 12, 2016
  4. Miss Bijoux
    Miss Bijoux Guest

Hey foxoioioi -

Is the issue occurring with any other movies and/or shows? Are you able to check that? Also, can you try bypassing the amp and plugging your Xbox One Console directly into the TV, keeping 100% of the connections between the Xbox One and your TV, and see
    if the issue persists?

Keep us posted.

Miss Bijoux, Jul 12, 2016
  5. foxoioioi
    foxoioioi Guest
    Hey Miss Bijoux,

So I unplugged from the amp and plugged a projector which I can see what HZ the output from the x-box is (sony VPL - 55es). I also changed to another piece of content. And basically the output from the X-box is still 60hz I've tried turning it off and on-again,
    so really not sure whats going on.

The X-box doesnt seem to want to output 50hz!?!?!?

foxoioioi, Jul 13, 2016
  6. Thanks, foxoioioi! Is the Xbox showing as still set to 50Hz in the Settings? Or is it switching back to 60Hz there as well as outputting it?

Misses Quinzel, Jul 14, 2016
  7. foxoioioi
    foxoioioi Guest
    So I have done the following:

1. Set under Audio and Video the 50hz tick.

2. Under the video settings, under display TV Resolution = 1080p is set, TV Connection = HDMI. On video fidelity I have Colour Depth 24 bits per pixel, colour space standard, allow 50hz is checked, allow 24hz is checked and allow 3d is checked.

Is there anywhere else I need to set this?

Where can I check NTSC/PAL settings on the box? Is there any other settings I need to check?

On the Films side, is there a setting where I can see what the video is encoded in?

Thanks all for the help.

foxoioioi, Jul 15, 2016
  8. Xbox one UK user, Judder/Stutter of video playback from Films

It looks to me that you've got everything set up appropriately. NTSC/PAL doesn't matter for Xbox One. The only difference in regions hardware wise is the power supply for Xbox One consoles.

It's likely an issue with the video at this point, and we don't offer support for those here. If you've rented or purchased them through Movies & TV, then I suggest making a post over on their
    Answers Forum. I encourage you to update us on the situation there, and let us know if there's any further Xbox troubleshooting we can help with. Xbox one UK user, Judder/Stutter of video playback from Films :)

Misses Quinzel, Nov 2, 2018
  9. Misses Quinzel Win User

It looks to me that you've got everything set up appropriately. NTSC/PAL doesn't matter for Xbox One. The only difference in regions hardware wise is the power supply for Xbox One consoles.

It's likely an issue with the video at this point, and we don't offer support for those here. If you've rented or purchased them through Movies & TV, then I suggest making a post over on their
    Answers Forum. I encourage you to update us on the situation there, and let us know if there's any further Xbox troubleshooting we can help with. :)
  10. foxoioioi Win User

So I have done the following:

1. Set under Audio and Video the 50hz tick.

2. Under the video settings, under display TV Resolution = 1080p is set, TV Connection = HDMI. On video fidelity I have Colour Depth 24 bits per pixel, colour space standard, allow 50hz is checked, allow 24hz is checked and allow 3d is checked.

Is there anywhere else I need to set this?

Where can I check NTSC/PAL settings on the box? Is there any other settings I need to check?

On the Films side, is there a setting where I can see what the video is encoded in?

Thanks all for the help.
  11. foxoioioi Win User

Hey Miss Bijoux,

So I unplugged from the amp and plugged a projector which I can see what HZ the output from the x-box is (sony VPL - 55es). I also changed to another piece of content. And basically the output from the X-box is still 60hz I've tried turning it off and on-again,
    so really not sure whats going on.

The X-box doesnt seem to want to output 50hz!?!?!?
  12. Misses Quinzel Win User

Thanks, foxoioioi! Is the Xbox showing as still set to 50Hz in the Settings? Or is it switching back to 60Hz there as well as outputting it?
  13. Miss Bijoux Win User

Hey foxoioioi -

Is the issue occurring with any other movies and/or shows? Are you able to check that? Also, can you try bypassing the amp and plugging your Xbox One Console directly into the TV, keeping 100% of the connections between the Xbox One and your TV, and see
    if the issue persists?

Keep us posted.
Thema:

1. Xbox one UK user, Judder/Stutter of video playback from Films - Similar Threads - user Judder Stutter

2. Can you guys vacate an inactive user for me?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can you guys vacate an inactive user for me?: Hi, I have a few questions regarding about your inactive policy rule for Xbox usernames. I was wondering if you could vacate the user name y66 since it hasn’t been active for 5 years. Get back to...
  3. How Can I become an alpha ring user

in XboX Insiders
    How Can I become an alpha ring user: Hey, I've been using the insider program for more than 1 year. I'm a beta user and I would like to become an alpha one. I'm level 8. Will I become alpha one day ? submitted by /u/Lukas_Smash...
  4. Microsoft support broken for all users major problem

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft support broken for all users major problem: Hi everyone am I going mad or is all support options gone completely been a customer for over 10+ years never seen this kind of service can't get my money back for broken content options there for...
  5. Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...: I had an old installation of windows on this computer. I recently reinstalled windows. The folders on the old drive have some permissions issue. I have my new windows setup and working find on...
  6. Minecraft max numbers of same user inside of game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Minecraft max numbers of same user inside of game.: I purchased the Bedrock version of Minecraft but am not able to join the local server with the other 2 ios purchased software. It worked with 2 of the same user but not 3. Well technically it...
  7. Ai controlled user input

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ai controlled user input: Since 2015 ive got no issues playing any games except sport games. I tried everthing but their is no body came up with the conclusion. The ai controlling my user input players are all over the...
  8. Looking for pdf user manual for Kinect V2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Looking for pdf user manual for Kinect V2: Hi, I would need to download the pdf version of the user manual of Kinect V2, but it looks like it's missing from the Microsoft website. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks /D...
  9. Xbox one UK user, Judder/Stutter of video playback from Films and TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one UK user, Judder/Stutter of video playback from Films and TV: We've been trying to watch Insurgent (part of the divergent series) and Hanna, but when the playback occurs it suffers from judder/stutter. This appears to be a common problem with a known...
  10. UK beta user here and still getting the TV judder!

in XBoX on Consoles
    UK beta user here and still getting the TV judder!: Yep it's made no difference. I've enabled the option but it's still the same 910793f1-3fed-4193-b7b1-eab4781bded1