Xbox one TV issues

Discus and support Xbox one TV issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've had my xbone for a week now. Loving it so far but have a couple issues 1. Why is there no option to have the system default to TV when it's turned... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Igy, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Igy
    Igy Guest

Xbox one TV issues

I've had my xbone for a week now. Loving it so far but have a couple issues 1. Why is there no option to have the system default to TV when it's turned on? My girlfriend is getting annoyed with having to talk to my console so she can watch TV. 2. Kinect
    voice control. It's just not reliable. Find myself trying 5 times before I get a response. My girlfriend has to try even longer and my daughter rarely gets a response.

:)

2. Xbox one tv issues

Try power cycling the Xbox One. Hold the power button on the front of the console for 8-10 sec. then unplug for 30 sec. then plug back in and power back on and try live tv again. Hopefully the problem will be resolved.

MaximumExtreme, Jan 3, 2014
  3. Xbox one tv issues

There are 2 main issues I'm having that are driving me CRAZY! for some reason xbox tv doesn't work when instant on is turned on. If you change it to energy saver, and reboot, it will work again. But upon rebooting this time I noticed I don't get tv in
    full screen. Which, at first I wasn't concerned, because I have had this issue before, I just changed the resolution and it work, show up full screen. In settings under display, there are only 2 choices, 720p 1080p. Normally 720p is what gives me full screen,
    and with 1080p I get the black bars on all sides(I know.. It doesn't make sense to me either), but now I cannot get it to go back to full screen again. If I change resolution, and go back to tv, I get the "TV" on the screen, then nothing but a black screen.
    I have seen other people complaining about is same thing over a months go! Please find a way to fix this!! Considering xbox's 2 best features are the ability to link everything together in one, and to be able to watch tv while playing games, seems stupid to
    let this issue drag out.

NUMBAoneSMOKA, Jan 3, 2014
  4. disc frolf
    disc frolf Guest

Xbox one TV issues

Just go back to having your ur Hdmi from your box to your tv and say goodbye to using it with the one. Unless your box has 2 ports maybe you could have it hooked up both ways

disc frolf, Jan 3, 2014
  5. Chris238
    Chris238 Guest
    I am in the same boat. I am not having the same issues as you with kinect, it's pretty spot on accurate for me. However, regarding the TV part and having your girlfriend talk to the TV, here is what I do.

I leave the xbox on and in TV mode when I'm not using it, so they can just turn on the TV like they always did before.

I've shown my wife how to press the guide button, and choose the TV app if she ever needs to so she doesn't have to talk to the TV.

Chris238, Jan 3, 2014
  6. Igy
    Igy Guest
    Both good ideas but I really think Microsoft should fix this. Also why can't the console turn on my sky HD box? It can turn on all TVs and audio receivers. Seems like a huge oversight to me.

7. eG x Thee Elf Win User

xbox one and tv issues

DJ Krazy,

Have you tried power cycling yet? This is not the same as rebooting. To power cycle your console, while it is turned on, hold the console power button for 8 seconds until it turns off, then wait 30 seconds, then turn it back on, and this should resolve
    the issue. Power cycling will clear the cache and reset the network card, which should fix the issue. Let us know how this goes.
  8. Hordie Win User

Xbox One/TV issue?

Hi Mccoyn1990,

Sorry you're having issues with your Xbox. I'm a little bit confused on what exactly the issue is. Is your Xbox having issues and making that sound when playing through the TV and PC? Or does your PC, Xbox, and Steam Box all have issues playing through your
    TV? If it's you Xbox playing through multiple devices, I would suggest trying a different cable.
  9. ZachCoggeshall Win User

Xbox one Tv issues

Different hdmi cable doesnt work and for some reason my xbox resolution is all blacked out and it wont let me even go on to it
  10. The Kleaner Win User

Xbox one Tv issues

Did you try a different hdmi cable?

also check your tv resolution in the xbox one settings. I assume this is for xbox one?
  11. Igy Win User

Xbox one TV issues

Both good ideas but I really think Microsoft should fix this. Also why can't the console turn on my sky HD box? It can turn on all TVs and audio receivers. Seems like a huge oversight to me.
Thema:

Xbox one TV issues

1. Xbox one TV issues - Similar Threads - issues

2. Download speed issues...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download speed issues...: I have a 1gb connection, wired to my Xbox x and I usually get 200-400mbps download. Lately I have only been getting 70mbps and lower, doesn't matter what time I try, morning, day, middle of the...
  3. party issue

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    party issue: i can see all of my friends in an open, public lobby, but when i try to join i am met with 'your xbox profile is not able to join parties'. i have never had this issue before and i havent changed...
  4. Minecraft issues & breaks

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft issues & breaks: Hi Microsoft team, In minecraft 1.20.50, 1.20.60 or up is product some problems in resource and behavior packs, like there was an add-on when I put it in my world and enter the world the game...
  5. Oh boy more game sharing issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Oh boy more game sharing issues: I'm sure you've seen something like this before. So currently my brothers game sharing with me and he has Xbox gold. But when I try to go into any online games that take gold it takes me to that...
  6. I've been having screen tearing issues with my xbox series s while playing dying light 2 on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I've been having screen tearing issues with my xbox series s while playing dying light 2 on...: I have a vizio smarttv model v405-G9 with an Xbox series s and the game In question is dying light 2 stay human reloaded edition When I play dying light 2 my screen keeps tearing every time I...
  7. Yes I’m having issues bad with my Xbox controller having stuck drift on Fortnite and it’s...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Yes I’m having issues bad with my Xbox controller having stuck drift on Fortnite and it’s...: Yes dear Microsoft I’m having really bad issues with my Xbox controller having stick drift on Fortnite I’ve done shut auto run off and it still wants do this I’m on disability and can’t afford...
  8. Cloudplay issues on Android, immediately disconnects

in XboX Insiders
    Cloudplay issues on Android, immediately disconnects: On android, When I can actually get it to start it immediately disconnects, but most of the time it won't even let me log in to my main account which is the only one with ultimate, works fine on...
  9. X Box Series WiFi Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    X Box Series WiFi Issue: Hello my guy has a X Box Series X and he's having to connect to WiFi almost everytime he cuts it on then most times it doesn't automatically connect and it makes us restart our router then it...
  10. Hello everyone sorry for disturbing you but I got a issue of my xbox console & it has been...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello everyone sorry for disturbing you but I got a issue of my xbox console & it has been...: I'm tired & I don't know what to do next maybe failure of hardware & some other conditions ba7728e6-4a71-4817-b570-f87f13f369c3