Xbox one tv converter issues

Discus and support Xbox one tv converter issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I got the etekcity av to hdmi converter... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by kingkiv97, Jan 4, 2014.

1. kingkiv97
    kingkiv97 Guest

Hi, I got the etekcity av to hdmi converter box(http://www.amazon.com/Etekcity®-Com...388865968&sr=8-3&keywords=etekcity+av+to+hdmi)
    so I could convert my tv box's av signal to xbox one's hdmi. The xbox recognizes that a cable box is plugged in but i'm not getting any picture or sound, the screen is just black. When I unplug the converter box, a screen pops up saying tv signal is lost.
    Is there any way to fix it so I can watch tv on the xbox one?

:)

kingkiv97, Jan 4, 2014
  2. Sunking1
    Sunking1 Guest
    xbox one with component cables?

Had to get a converter for my Xbox One when my HDMI connections blew out on my old rear projection 55" tv during a lightning storm. Found an inexpensive hdmi to component converter at my local Radio Shack for $33! HDMI to Component Converter Adapter

Video worked as well as audio. The games displayed well without any sign of degradation. The converter down scaled the Xbox One output to a 720p image. This isn't a big deal on my old tv. For a small price...this will do the job very well until I can get a newer tv. I tried an Amazon Fire stick which worked just as well.

Sunking1, Jan 4, 2014
  3. Will this setup work for me? (creative idea, but not sure if it will work)

AbandonedCashew, Jan 4, 2014
  4. huddie Win User

S/Pdif to RCA Audio Adapter for Xbox One

Hi. I connect Xbox One to the SP/DIF digital to analogue converter using optical cable, then connect the converter to my audio amp using RCA. I only use HDMI to connect the Xbox to the TV. I don't need the TV's speakers.
  5. Talllpaul-420F6559-E Win User

Xbox One Coaxial Capability/FIOS App

It can either go from the wall to the box or into the TV directly. In my case, my only option is to plug it into my TV directly (the TV has a coaxial port). So what I'm wondering is would it be possible on the Xbox One for me to attach an HDMI converter
    to the cable so I can run it into my Xbox One and then run my HDMI cord from the Xbox One to the TV instead?

I've heard that these converters do exist, but I haven't looked too extensively for one as of yet.
  6. stewartous Win User

Antenna TV on Xbox One

Currently a uk user and use freeview thru my television, is there any easy way of watching tv thru the xbox one? is there any kind of converter available that will convert digital co-ax in to hdmi?
  7. Bazajaytee Win User

Unable to connect system to LG TV

LG's HDMI support is notoriously unstable, not sure if it is the way they handshake or whether their software is poor but it is a long standing complaint you can find in many places on the internet.

Xbox 360 had issues with LG TV's as well (do a web search for xbox one lg tv hdmi and you'll get pages of results including PlayStation issues connecting to LG TV's so not limited to Microsoft).

Things to try:

On your TV that it works with, set your Xbox One to a lower resolution i.e. 720p then plug it in to the LG TV and see if it works.

Check for a TV firmware update

Reset TV to factory default settings

Try other HDMI cables

Try a HDMI to AV converter for your sister's TV and use AV cables with your Xbox One when using that TV.
  8. BongKaos Win User

Xbox One Important Question Please Help

Indeed, The One ONLY has HDMI connections. (this will be an issue for me as well). I just picked up a 20in. tv from Target for under $99.00. Otherwise, a converter is an option. GOOD LUCK!!!!
Thema:

1. Xbox one tv converter issues - Similar Threads - converter issues

2. Minecraft bedrock keeps crashing when I try to convert a Xbox 360 world to it after...

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft bedrock keeps crashing when I try to convert a Xbox 360 world to it after...: Basically when ever I go to bring the world to bedrock after transferring it to the one addition it go up to 16 percent then crashes the game 698cce11-900d-49a0-8b20-f58ba80e9854
  3. Can't Login to Microsoft Store - Account Converted to Office365

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't Login to Microsoft Store - Account Converted to Office365: In Aug-2020 I purchased a copy of MS Flight Simulator and have the email receipt and order number. I only have and have ever had one email address, which is from a business I own. In 2020 I...
  4. Split screen multiplayer converted to full screen using two different TV's

in XBoX on Windows
    Split screen multiplayer converted to full screen using two different TV's: I have a HDMI splitter for possibly connecting two TV's to one Xbox series X and I was wondering if there is a way to input new coding to make split screen on one TV to full screen using two...
  5. convert a 16 character epic vbucks card to 25 characters

in XBoX on Windows
    convert a 16 character epic vbucks card to 25 characters: How do I convert a 16 character Fortnight vbucks card to 25 charaters? dd004f24-34e5-4277-90b9-f971fab47602
  6. I can't convert my 200$ Microsoft balance into Robux. What can I do?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't convert my 200$ Microsoft balance into Robux. What can I do?: Service Unavailable (microsoft.com) Error message: HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable. 40182fce-ab9b-4574-b990-ad552c9f69bd
  7. Can I convert the coins in Microsoft solitaire game collection to real money?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I convert the coins in Microsoft solitaire game collection to real money?: I am playing "Klondike" in the Solitaire & Casual Games Collection. And have received coins in daily challenges. If there's no way to, still inform me. So I won't have a false hope....
  8. How do I convert core to gold so I can play crossplay online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I convert core to gold so I can play crossplay online: How do I convert core to gold so I can crossplay online? ba4f900c-349b-4349-8f63-b64c09296f4d
  9. Xbox Series X from USA, needs Converter en Argentina?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X from USA, needs Converter en Argentina?: Hi! I bought an Xbox Series X in the USA and i wanted to know if i could plug it directly to the 220v electric current of argentina, or if i have to buy a converter. The lable in the console says...
  10. Why others' installer files like .deb, .tar, .pkg,... can be converted to executable...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why others' installer files like .deb, .tar, .pkg,... can be converted to executable...: I don't know why it's not possible for APK but others' like Mac, Linux is possible 075a89c5-1e00-4026-9bc9-d0887049fb7d