Xbox one tv converter issues

Discus and support Xbox one tv converter issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I got the etekcity av to hdmi converter... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by kingkiv97, Jan 4, 2014.

1. kingkiv97
    kingkiv97 Guest

Hi, I got the etekcity av to hdmi converter box(http://www.amazon.com/Etekcity®-Com...388865968&sr=8-3&keywords=etekcity+av+to+hdmi)
    so I could convert my tv box's av signal to xbox one's hdmi. The xbox recognizes that a cable box is plugged in but i'm not getting any picture or sound, the screen is just black. When I unplug the converter box, a screen pops up saying tv signal is lost.
    Is there any way to fix it so I can watch tv on the xbox one?

:)

kingkiv97, Jan 4, 2014
  2. Sunking1
    Sunking1 Guest
    xbox one with component cables?

Had to get a converter for my Xbox One when my HDMI connections blew out on my old rear projection 55" tv during a lightning storm. Found an inexpensive hdmi to component converter at my local Radio Shack for $33! HDMI to Component Converter Adapter

Video worked as well as audio. The games displayed well without any sign of degradation. The converter down scaled the Xbox One output to a 720p image. This isn't a big deal on my old tv. For a small price...this will do the job very well until I can get a newer tv. I tried an Amazon Fire stick which worked just as well.

Sunking1, Jan 4, 2014
  3. Will this setup work for me? (creative idea, but not sure if it will work)

AbandonedCashew, Jan 4, 2014
  4. huddie Win User

S/Pdif to RCA Audio Adapter for Xbox One

Hi. I connect Xbox One to the SP/DIF digital to analogue converter using optical cable, then connect the converter to my audio amp using RCA. I only use HDMI to connect the Xbox to the TV. I don't need the TV's speakers.
  5. Talllpaul-420F6559-E Win User

Xbox One Coaxial Capability/FIOS App

It can either go from the wall to the box or into the TV directly. In my case, my only option is to plug it into my TV directly (the TV has a coaxial port). So what I'm wondering is would it be possible on the Xbox One for me to attach an HDMI converter
    to the cable so I can run it into my Xbox One and then run my HDMI cord from the Xbox One to the TV instead?

I've heard that these converters do exist, but I haven't looked too extensively for one as of yet.
  6. stewartous Win User

Antenna TV on Xbox One

Currently a uk user and use freeview thru my television, is there any easy way of watching tv thru the xbox one? is there any kind of converter available that will convert digital co-ax in to hdmi?
  7. Bazajaytee Win User

Unable to connect system to LG TV

LG's HDMI support is notoriously unstable, not sure if it is the way they handshake or whether their software is poor but it is a long standing complaint you can find in many places on the internet.

Xbox 360 had issues with LG TV's as well (do a web search for xbox one lg tv hdmi and you'll get pages of results including PlayStation issues connecting to LG TV's so not limited to Microsoft).

Things to try:

On your TV that it works with, set your Xbox One to a lower resolution i.e. 720p then plug it in to the LG TV and see if it works.

Check for a TV firmware update

Reset TV to factory default settings

Try other HDMI cables

Try a HDMI to AV converter for your sister's TV and use AV cables with your Xbox One when using that TV.
  8. BongKaos Win User

Xbox One Important Question Please Help

Indeed, The One ONLY has HDMI connections. (this will be an issue for me as well). I just picked up a 20in. tv from Target for under $99.00. Otherwise, a converter is an option. GOOD LUCK!!!!
Thema:

1. Xbox one tv converter issues - Similar Threads - converter issues

2. US series X is safe to use on Bahrain 230 wall power with adapter or will I need a converter

in XBoX on Consoles
    US series X is safe to use on Bahrain 230 wall power with adapter or will I need a converter: Heading out to the middle east was wondering if I need to buy a converter for the series x 555b987b-61bb-42aa-8b94-61bc0411546b
  3. Points converted to MS Gift Card Issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Points converted to MS Gift Card Issue: So, I had some points that are auto redeemed at the end of each month. I know they expire. I had about 6 dollars that were going to expire on Aug 30th... I made a purchase yesterday, which...
  4. Issue Converting From Game Pass Ultimate To Xbox Live Gold

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue Converting From Game Pass Ultimate To Xbox Live Gold: Early last week, I realized that my Xbox Game Pass subscription was up for renewal soon. I decided to instead just turn off recurring billing, let it expire, and use a prepaid code to purchase a...
  5. Issue with converting Xbox Live Gold to game pass

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue with converting Xbox Live Gold to game pass: Hi, I had an issue converting Xbox Live Gold to game pass. I was under the impression that I can convert the 12months Xbox live gold to game pass ultimate and have 3 months free. but something...
  6. Issues with account and converting credits

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Issues with account and converting credits: Good morning, I received an email saying: “There seems to be an issue with your account: please reach out to our support forum team.” I believe it is related to issues converting my credits to...
  7. **2 year issue still unresolved** Please convert my rewards points to Microsoft currency.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    **2 year issue still unresolved** Please convert my rewards points to Microsoft currency.: it has been 2 years per the date in my posts and still no resolution just constantly get redirected or inconsistent assistance. Pleas do not escalate me again and put me in months of limbo getting...
  8. Issues with account and converting credits

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Issues with account and converting credits: I received an email saying: “There seems to be an issue with your account: please reach out to our support forum team.” I believe it is related to issues converting my credits to dollars. I...
  9. XBox live rewards issue while converting rewards to currency

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    XBox live rewards issue while converting rewards to currency: I have some rewards points which were suppose to be moved to my xbox live account. but i have a message which says : Your account needs updating to make a deposit! when i click on the link...
  10. Timewarner DTA Converter Boxes - HDCP Issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Timewarner DTA Converter Boxes - HDCP Issues: Hi all, Timewarner is requiring everyone to switch to all digital. This means basic cable subscribers need a DTA box. My family recently installed several of the Technicolor DCI401TWC2 boxes...