Xbox One TV audio issue

Discus and support Xbox One TV audio issue in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Centurylink Prism box and a Proscan 1080p HDTV (Cheaper brand). My cable was fine and working great on the xbox and, like many users Ive been... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ToneyJungle, Jan 11, 2014.

1. ToneyJungle
    ToneyJungle Guest

Xbox One TV audio issue

I have a Centurylink Prism box and a Proscan 1080p HDTV (Cheaper brand). My cable was fine and working great on the xbox and, like many users Ive been reading about, it one day wouldnt come back up. After restarting and rebooting the cable box and xbox i
    was finally able to get the picture back but the TV section no longer has any sound. I still have sound with games, netflix, etc. Any clue on what this is or if i should restart again? Thanks

:)

ToneyJungle, Jan 11, 2014
  2. S99YAS 85
    S99YAS 85 Guest
    Xbox one s 4k / audio cutting out every 30 secs

Hi

having some audio issues with my one s via home cinema, details below

UE48JU6400 = 4k Samsung TV

HT-J7750W = Samsung blu ray 7.1 home cinema 1080p with 4k upscale

Setup connection sequence - Xbox One S > HT-J7750W > UE48JU6400

Problem - Unable to set xbox to display 4K resolution but audio works fine

Setup connection sequence - Xbox One S > UE48JU6400 (Using ARC) > HT-J7750W - This allows the 4K with HDR settings to be available and display correctly

Problem - Audio cuts out every 30 seconds for 1 - 2 seconds

Troubleshooting carried out -

Switched audio to tv speakers, this resolved issue

Connected optical cable from Xbox One S > HT-J7750W, changed settings on xbox to allow optical audio still same issue

Tried another HDMI cabe from Xbox One S > UE48JU6400, still had same audio cutting out issue

so issue seems with the audio getting from the tv to the home cinema i would assume, anyone else having the same issue?

Additional Research of issue - Have looked in to this issue online and some people had the same issue with LG tv's which has now been resolved by a software update to their tv.

S99YAS 85, Jan 11, 2014
  3. Live TV delayed audio

Same audio delay issue with my setup:

- XBOX One plugged into Sony Bravia TV HDMI Input 1

- Direct TV HR22 plugged into XBone HDMI In

Thanks, Lee

LeeWalk [MSFT], Jan 11, 2014
  4. Xbox One TV audio issue

To be honest, it sounds like a funky HDMI cable. Is your second cable rated 2.0 or better?

Iautorenewedu, Jan 11, 2014
  5. BodyBag UK Win User

Video and Audio Delay HELP!

Sky HD box to Xbox One input, xbox output to tv. no splitters. I have no external sound system so delay is on hdmi audio. Sky HD direct to TV has no audio/video sync issues, audio delay is only present with Xbox one in the circuit.
  6. WOGwald Win User

live tv audio stuttering

I too have audio issues with Live TV thru XBOX ONE. DirecTV Genie unit. My audio will drop out for a very short period and then come right back.

Minor issue but annoying.
  7. Bazajaytee Win User

Audio still cutting out after second Xbox one

Also, try to hook up your TV through your Xbox One, see if the audio cuts out there. That might help narrow the issue down. If the audio doesn't cut out it is another issue, perhaps HDD reading related when games can't read the HDD quick enough to play audio
    properly, if audio does still cut out but not when the TV is plugged into the TV directly then it could be HDMI port/cable related.

Also, try plugging your Xbox One into a different HDMI slot on your TV if you have multiple and see if it is the TV port causing the cutting out.

You really shouldn't run your Xbox One at 1080 if your TV is only 720p. You won't see any improvements and are just adding extra work onto the Xbox for no real benefit. If you switch TV to 1080p later then by all means change the console setting.
  8. CHERRYxMUSTANG Win User

Audio crackles and pops

I have been having a similar problem with audio pops and crackles.

When I have my Xbox One connected to my TV with an HDMI cable and my surround sound receiver plugged into my TVs optical out port the audio pops and crackles (only from the Xbox One, not from any other audio source going into my TV and out to the receiver.)
    Yet if I plug my receiver directly into the Xbox's optical port the audio plays normally with no distortion whatsoever. I even tried replacing the HDMI cord but got no results that had no popping or crackling in the audio. Hence leading me to believe that
    the HDMI port on the Xbox one is having trouble sending audio to the TV through its HDMI cord as I even tested each of my 4 HDMI in ports on my gaming TV and my living room TV that achieved the same exact popping and crackling audio issues.
  9. Iautorenewedu Win User

Xbox One TV audio issue

To be honest, it sounds like a funky HDMI cable. Is your second cable rated 2.0 or better?
Thema:

Xbox One TV audio issue

1. Xbox One TV audio issue - Similar Threads - audio issue

2. I'm having audio issues with my Xbox One (chat)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm having audio issues with my Xbox One (chat): Hi everyone For the last week or so I've been having some truly frustrating audio issues. Currently everything works perfectly except for the fact that I cant hear other players speak. I can see...
  3. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues: I’m having a bit of an issue I can’t figure out. I have an Xbox seires X, Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller, Xbox Wired Headset and I consistently get audio distortion/glitching/popping through my...
  4. Audio Issue. PS5 headphones are so quiet on my gaming laptop but not on my HP??

in XBoX on Windows
    Audio Issue. PS5 headphones are so quiet on my gaming laptop but not on my HP??: I've tried everything, my headphones are sooo quiet on my laptop despite the volume settings being on 100%. The problem started after I used my earphones plugging them into the headphone jack and...
  5. Discord streaming audio issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Discord streaming audio issues: I tried streaming Alan wake to my friends using the discord feature and they were able to hear the music and sound effects as well as the characters talking but could not hear the narration voice...
  6. Xbox Series X Console Audio Interruption Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Console Audio Interruption Issue: Subject: Xbox Series X Console Audio Interruption Issue Description: I am experiencing a recurring issue with my Xbox Series X console related to headset audio interruptions. Regardless of the...
  7. How to fix twitch stream audio issues on Xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to fix twitch stream audio issues on Xbox series X: One day I was streaming a view said that my game volume was to loud I put it somewhere around 50% the next day I started my stream I play on console (xbl) I use my phone to view my chat or to edit...
  8. Xbox one streaming audio issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one streaming audio issues: I am streaming from xbox one directly to twitch. Playing fortnite for example. In my headset, I hear clearly all of my teammates in game chat. My stream cannot hear some of my teammates most of...
  9. Audio issues still a problem 3+ years after console launch

in XboX Insiders
    Audio issues still a problem 3+ years after console launch: Every new update brings the same exact patch notes saying “we’ve got reports of audio issues…blah blah blah.” Can we please get some form of update or at least some progress on these issues?...
  10. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows issues with DTS/Atmos/Sonic spatial audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows issues with DTS/Atmos/Sonic spatial audio: Hey I'm syncing my Razer Kaira Pro to the Xbox Adapter but when I enable spatial sound like DTS/Atmos/Sonic it stutters when I'm playing video games? I've tried my old Turtlebeach Stealth 600 Gen...