Xbox one turns on by itself at night

Discus and support Xbox one turns on by itself at night in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; We do not have a kinect, but have noticed every night this week (usually twice) that our Xbox one will come on by itself. It doesn't say it is doing... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KodiakKat, Oct 19, 2017.

1. KodiakKat
    KodiakKat Guest

We do not have a kinect, but have noticed every night this week (usually twice) that our Xbox one will come on by itself. It doesn't say it is doing updates or anything and it wakes me up when it powers on. Is there a problem with the Xbox or something
    I can do to keep this from happening?

:)

KodiakKat, Oct 19, 2017
  2. Mister Cizl
    Mister Cizl Guest
    Xbox One turns itself on at night.

Hey Rexque! Is the console plugged directly in to a wall outlet? Additionally, can you double check your update settings and see if they are set to update while the console is off? This is usually only possible with Instant-On but just want to double check
    what you're seeing. Post back and let us know!

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.

Mister Cizl, Oct 19, 2017
  3. Rexque
    Rexque Guest

We have 2 Xbox One's in the house, a black one and a halo edition one. The Halo edition Xbox keeps turning itself on randomly - mostly at night. Then, after an hour of being on and idle, it will shut itself off per the settings in the unit. It is NOT set
    for "Quick Start" and it does NOT have a Kinect attached to it. The TV is an older one, but we turn the TV completely off with a power switch on the side (not a button, a physical toggle switch that kills all power to the TV). There is nothing plugged into
    the Xbox except Power, HDMI, and a Network Cable.

Both Xbox's are setup the same, but only the Halo Edition one is having this issue. I would like to fix this.

Rexque, Oct 19, 2017
  4. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest

Hey there KodiakKat!

Do you have your Xbox One set to Instant On or Power Save? If you have Instant On enabled, try switching to Power Save for a day and then switching back to see if there's any change. Also, if there's a surge protector between your Xbox One and wall outlet,
    please bypass and that and plug directly into your wall.

Mister Maka, Oct 20, 2017
  5. Mister Cizl Win User

Hey Rexque! Is the console plugged directly in to a wall outlet? Additionally, can you double check your update settings and see if they are set to update while the console is off? This is usually only possible with Instant-On but just want to double check
    what you're seeing. Post back and let us know!

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.
  6. Mister Maka Win User

Hey there KodiakKat!

Do you have your Xbox One set to Instant On or Power Save? If you have Instant On enabled, try switching to Power Save for a day and then switching back to see if there's any change. Also, if there's a surge protector between your Xbox One and wall outlet,
    please bypass and that and plug directly into your wall.
  7. Rebeldx81 Win User

XB1 turns itself on in the nights

lol the xb1 is in a totally different room, if it could hear me from upstairs id be amazed, specially cos kinnect barely understands me when im in the same room lol

xbox go to WWE network ...... opens media player :S lol
  8. Rebeldx81 Win User

nope no pets

ALTHOUGH i have narrowed it down, it only happens if i turn the XB1 off via voice command ...... if i switch it off using the controller, i have no issue
  9. XCELRATE Win User

"you are xbox dreaming" in your sleep! or just talking in your sleep.

LOL!!!
Thema:

1. Xbox one turns on by itself at night - Similar Threads - turns itself night

2. Xbox Series X turns itself off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X turns itself off.: I have had my Series X for just over 2 months and it has been fine up until around last weekend, where every time I turn it on and load up a game, it turns itself off after about 2 minutes of...
  3. Xbox S black screen and turns itself off no reset screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox S black screen and turns itself off no reset screen: I haven’t used my Xbox S in about 2 weeks. Sat down to play tonight, and nothing. First, the power comes on, but no screen appears. Then after about 20 seconds the Xbox S powers off on its own....
  4. Unit turns itself off shortly after turning on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unit turns itself off shortly after turning on.: After turning on the Xbox series S the unit will quickly turn off. 1e2a70a3-3633-4bf6-bc94-01f24d670f4d
  5. Xbox series S restarting by itself mid game or after turning it on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S restarting by itself mid game or after turning it on: [img] My cousin got a new xbox series s last month, he started playing with it (mainly EAFC 24). After a while, specifically last week he started having issues with the xbox restarting mid game...
  6. Xbox series x keeps turning itself off

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x keeps turning itself off: Ever since I got it, right out of the box, I had trouble turning it on. It will make the little start up noise and the light will come on but it won’t actually start up. Then, anywhere between...
  7. Xbox 360 Slim turns off by itself.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim turns off by itself.: I'm currently having trouble with my Xbox 360 Slim where it turns off by itself after a minute or two. The power brick shows its green when I have the Xbox turned on and the auto turn off feature...
  8. my Xbox turns off by itself with the game nba2k24

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my Xbox turns off by itself with the game nba2k24: my Xbox turns off by itself with the game nba2k24 ca6de670-e7ea-40c5-96c4-5e30c4622f95
  9. Is anyone else’s Xbox randomly turning on by itself at night?

in XboX Insiders
    Is anyone else’s Xbox randomly turning on by itself at night?: The last few nights my Series X has been turning itself on multiple times around 5-8am. I see it’s on when I wake up and have to get up to turn it back off. Anyone else? submitted by...
  10. My Xbox is turning off by itself while playing certain games

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox is turning off by itself while playing certain games: Hello my Xbox Series X is turning itself off randomly when playing certain games the main game at the moment is Call of duty when I I bought this Xbox it worked fine but all of sudden for certain...