Xbox One turns off on its own

Discus and support Xbox One turns off on its own in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox one turns off on its own after about an hour or two of playing and then when i try to turn it on immediately after, it plays the startup sound... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Shivansh Agrawal, Dec 8, 2022.

1. Xbox One turns off on its own

My xbox one turns off on its own after about an hour or two of playing and then when i try to turn it on immediately after, it plays the startup sound with the startup screen on the TV but then immediately turns off without the shutdown sound. It isnt the common power brick issue as the brick turns white when i turn it on and is a solid yellow when the console is off.

I tried everything on the xbox support website. Power reset, vaccume cleaning the vents and also resetted my xbox but nothing worked. I thought it was an overheating issue as the fan is pretty noisy but i tried turning it on today after one hour of when it first turned off. It was completely cooled down but still it shut down after just a few seconds. I cant give it on service as it is the original xbox one and it has been almost 10 years. No question of warranty and its out of service.

:)

Shivansh Agrawal, Dec 8, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Shivansh Agrawal,

We hope you are doing well. Thank you for posting in Xbox Forums.

Based on your description, your concern is related to the hardware of Xbox One Console. We understand that you wanted to have this fix unfortunately, there is no longer any offer for out of warranty services or repairs for Xbox One Console.

We know how important it is for you to get back to gaming, should you like to choose a newer console for your games, you may try to check this link: All Xbox Consoles | Xbox

If you have further concerns kindly create a new thread using this link - Create a new question or start a discussion.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. MrNoyzeyBoy98 Win User

Xbox Turning Off And On, On Its Own.

Like I have said it is none of those it is too do with my power on/off button.
  4. Mister Mascot Win User

Like I have said it is none of those it is too do with my power on/off button.
    If the above steps didn't do the trick and you believe it may be the power button. We'd suggest trying to power down the console and wipe down the front of the console, including the power button with a soft dry cloth. It's possible there is some debris
    which is resting on the pressure point and causing this issue. If that doesn't help, your console may need to be serviced.

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.
  5. Miss Ghidorah Win User

Hi there!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. Have you changed the console settings so it doesn’t turn off automatically? Additionally, have you cleared your persistent storage? You can do this by:

• Scroll left from Home to open the guide.
    • Select Settings.
    • Select All Settings.
    • Select Disc & Blu-ray.
    • Select Blu-ray.
    • Select Persistent storage.
    • Select Clear persistent storage.
    • Turn off and unplug your console, and then wait 5 minutes.
    • Plug in and turn on your console, and try streaming the content again.

One last question: are you wired or wirelessly connected for your Xbox One? There are some wireless routers have settings that may cause your Xbox One console to shut down randomly. An example would be a power-saving setting or network setting may cause
    your console to shut down.

Let us know so we can best help you out!
  6. MrNoyzeyBoy98 Win User

Hi there:

I am trying your first option but it is unlikely going to work, also I am wireless.
Thema:

1. Xbox One turns off on its own - Similar Threads - turns off own

2. My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...: My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it has no issue playing games for hours at a time the system has been cleaned and I've signed in and out of...
  3. Why can my Xbox series x turn off my tv ( TCL C745) but not turn it on ? :(.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can my Xbox series x turn off my tv ( TCL C745) but not turn it on ? :(.: I've had Samsung TV before and my console could turn on/off the TV .. but now I bought a TCL smart TV and the console can't turn it on * Moved from Community Center...
  4. Xbox one unable to turn my roku tv off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one unable to turn my roku tv off: So ive recently switched tvs and i usually have my xbox turn the tv on and off because it saves me time and focus and the roku tv does not respond to the inputs, so i was wondering if its possible...
  5. How do I turn off happening now side bar in the friends section

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I turn off happening now side bar in the friends section: Every single time I open up my friends list menu a “happening now” side bar pops up and shows me party’s I can join how do I turn that off 3da07d63-a350-4859-8682-f07a5a724de0
  6. My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?: Hey guys my controller stopped working outta nowhere the left thumbstick up won't work and the just turns off any suggestions or have you experienced this double issue...
  7. Brother's xbox constantly turning off on its own while trying to complete the update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brother's xbox constantly turning off on its own while trying to complete the update: Hello, my brother's Series X will get to 60% on the new update then turns itself off but won't carryout the last 40%. After pressing the power button it turns itself back off after about 10...
  8. Does Remote Play ever turn itself off on its own for anyone else?

in XboX Insiders
    Does Remote Play ever turn itself off on its own for anyone else?: My Xbox Series X for some reason randomly turns off remote play and I have to go turn it back on. Does this happen to anyone else? submitted by /u/derekagraham [link] [comments]
  9. Xbox turns on for a second then turn off on it own.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox turns on for a second then turn off on it own.: The power brick turn orange light and then white when I turn it on but it doesn't stay on. what do i do to fix this problem? 2c828cbf-6bb0-4e11-8dc8-657b59335eda
  10. Why does the Solitaire Challenge game turn off on its own after I have only completed one game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the Solitaire Challenge game turn off on its own after I have only completed one game?: I play the Challenge games almost every day I can and on my new computer, I can not seem to keep the games open. After I have played a game and collected the reward, the program goes off and I...