Xbox one turning itself on and off without touching power button!?

Discus and support Xbox one turning itself on and off without touching power button!? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, i was just wondering if anyone could please help me with my xbox one console. I've read up all over the internet for a solution, so heres what... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PricyChimera494, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Xbox one turning itself on and off without touching power button!?

Hello, i was just wondering if anyone could please help me with my xbox one console.

I've read up all over the internet for a solution, so heres what happens.

I plug in my xbox ones power cable to the wall and I put the other end into the console with the power still off at the wall. my HDMI 1 cable is plugged into my xbox and TV as it should be.

Now heres where the weird stuff happens, I turn the power point on at the wall and without touching the power button on the console,and then the xbox turns itself on and makes the startup noise one or two times. then the green xbox screen starts and before
    its finishes loading to get to the xbox menus it makes the turn off sound another 3 times. Then another couple of seconds later it makes the startup noise a couple more times and then the same with the turn off noise.

Sometimes when it starts up and i'm able to launch a game or youtube(bearly ever happens) it turns itself off again, theres not really much of a time limet for when it turns off when this happens, but it always dose.

If this has happend to anyone else or if you know a fix, could you please help me out Xbox one turning itself on and off without touching power button!? :) thanks.

:)

PricyChimera494, Dec 27, 2015
  2. my console turns on and off by itself

Throughout the day the console would turn on and then turn off by itself with no one touching the power button. While we were trying to play today the console would turn off by itself also. Just wondering what is wrong with the console, we bought it last
    march.

Lowecifer0507, Dec 27, 2015
  3. Xbox one turns on off on off rapidly then comes on

hi my xbox one keeps turning on off on off rapidly then it comes on sometimes it even does it without me touching it any help would be great oh when its on it stays on

SepticRing02790, Dec 27, 2015
  4. PMS BlueJay Win User

xbox 360 slim turns itself on

Is there any chance something might be bumping the power button? I know the power button is very touch sensitive. If that's not it is there a chance that a controller synced to that xbox is turning itself on?
  5. Andrew_F90 Win User

Xbox one not opening anything to do with network.

Have you tried resetting your Xbox One? Touch and hold the power button on the console until the console powers off, wait until the light for the Home button on your controller turns off before powering back on.
  6. Mythic xSagex Win User

Ghost console.

Unplug the console and wipe down the touch sensor's (The power button and the eject button are touch)

Sometimes mass amounts of fingerprints can cause the console to eject and power on and off by itself
  7. TheRealXPGSlim Win User

X box live gold membership not working

Try hard resetting your Xbox by touching the power button until it turns off.
  8. W4RMIND Win User

Xbox turning on by itself

If you have an Xbox 360 S, wipe the touch-sensitive power and disc tray button with a clean cloth. The oil can build up and causing it to turn on. Put away the controllers on the shelf because the guide button can turn it on. ALSO in the console settings,
    the console can turn itself off when there is 1 hour on inactivity or more.
Thema:

Xbox one turning itself on and off without touching power button!?

1. Xbox one turning itself on and off without touching power button!? - Similar Threads - turning itself off

2. my xbox is turning on making a weird buzzing noise and then turning off by itself. im...

in XBoX Accessibility
    my xbox is turning on making a weird buzzing noise and then turning off by itself. im...: my xbox will turn on for roughly five seconds and make a weird buzzing noise and then turn off by istelf. is this something wrong with the fan?. i assume its fully broke now as i have had it for...
  3. Xbox Series X turns itself off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X turns itself off.: I have had my Series X for just over 2 months and it has been fine up until around last weekend, where every time I turn it on and load up a game, it turns itself off after about 2 minutes of...
  4. Xbox S black screen and turns itself off no reset screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox S black screen and turns itself off no reset screen: I haven’t used my Xbox S in about 2 weeks. Sat down to play tonight, and nothing. First, the power comes on, but no screen appears. Then after about 20 seconds the Xbox S powers off on its own....
  5. Unit turns itself off shortly after turning on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unit turns itself off shortly after turning on.: After turning on the Xbox series S the unit will quickly turn off. 1e2a70a3-3633-4bf6-bc94-01f24d670f4d
  6. Xbox series x keeps turning itself off

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x keeps turning itself off: Ever since I got it, right out of the box, I had trouble turning it on. It will make the little start up noise and the light will come on but it won’t actually start up. Then, anywhere between...
  7. Xbox 360 Slim turns off by itself.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim turns off by itself.: I'm currently having trouble with my Xbox 360 Slim where it turns off by itself after a minute or two. The power brick shows its green when I have the Xbox turned on and the auto turn off feature...
  8. my Xbox turns off by itself with the game nba2k24

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my Xbox turns off by itself with the game nba2k24: my Xbox turns off by itself with the game nba2k24 ca6de670-e7ea-40c5-96c4-5e30c4622f95
  9. My Xbox is turning off by itself while playing certain games

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox is turning off by itself while playing certain games: Hello my Xbox Series X is turning itself off randomly when playing certain games the main game at the moment is Call of duty when I I bought this Xbox it worked fine but all of sudden for certain...
  10. Xbox Series X Turned off and on by itself

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Turned off and on by itself: Hi. So I was watching some YouTube today, and when a commercial popped up, my console went black for a few seconds, and after that, the Xbox logo showed up, and I was kicked to the dashboard. Is...