Xbox one turning itself off and on continuously and also ejecting and unejecting

Discus and support Xbox one turning itself off and on continuously and also ejecting and unejecting in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, Right basically I own a original xbox one and have had it since like 2016 so is pretty old but still runs perfectly fine. We'll until the past... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jordon stanford, Oct 7, 2022.

1. Xbox one turning itself off and on continuously and also ejecting and unejecting

Hi all,

Right basically I own a original xbox one and have had it since like 2016 so is pretty old but still runs perfectly fine. We'll until the past couple of days where it constantly just turns it self on and off or atleast does the sounds and actually won't come on. I've tried everything from cleaing all its vents to actually taking its shell off and seeing if there is anything blocking the sensors but it still doesn't work at all. I thought as a last stitch effort I would post on here and see of anyone can give me any help of possible. As I don't want/can't afford a new one so any help would be greatly appreciated Xbox one turning itself off and on continuously and also ejecting and unejecting :)

:)

Jordon stanford, Oct 7, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Xbox one turning itself off and on continuously and also ejecting and unejecting

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Jordon

If you already tried using a different power brick and that doesn't work (at least with the random power off)

As a last resource (but I don't think its going to work because it seems like a hardware issue) and in case you didn't try it, could be nice perform an offline update for your console. In that way Xbox system will be installed from scratch.

For this you need a USB and PC to format it and transfer files provided in the link below (with detailed steps and requirements):

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

If that doesn't work you may need to get the console inspected with the closest authorized repair center in your location because we can't help here with self repairs

PS: Microsoft now doesn't repair directly Xbox One consoles
  3. Raijin KC Win User

Xbox One randomly ejects disk or turns on.

i have the same problem with my xbox one. i found that if you take the disk out after playing, the xbox will not turn on by itself but you can still here the eject noise while its off sometimes. it still ejects my disk by itself also while im playing a game
    sometimes as well
  4. Tanzim Islam Win User

Xbox one x turns on for about a minute then shuts down

It turns on but shuts itself off in a minute. Even reset by holding the eject and sync button doesn't work
  5. SavagerPat Win User

Turns on for 5 seconds then turns off

Turns itself off a couple seconds after pressing the power button even while holding the sync and eject
  6. TheProfess0r Win User

Not working

My name is Loren. I'm an Independent Advisor, and I'll be glad to help you today.

Try to test it on another TV and with another HDMI cable. If that doesn't work try this:

- Turn your Xbox off

- Press and hold both the bind button and the eject button on your Xbox.

NOTE: The bind button is the one you use to sync wireless controllers to your Xbox, and the eject button is the one you use to eject discs.

- With the bind and eject buttons still held down, press and release the power button. At this time, you will hear a startup chime.

- Continue holding the bind and eject buttons until you hear the startup chime a second time

- Release the bind and eject buttons.

Also, you can try to boot it into a low-resolution mode.

- If there's a disc in the Xbox console, eject it.

- On the console, press and hold the Xbox button for five seconds to turn off the console.

- Press and hold the Xbox button and the Eject button until you hear a beep to turn on the console. You will hear one beep right away and a second beep 10 seconds later. The power light will flash on before the second beep. DO NOT LET GO until the second beep occurs.
Thema:

1. Xbox one turning itself off and on continuously and also ejecting and unejecting - Similar Threads - turning itself off

2. Xbox Series X turns itself off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X turns itself off.: I have had my Series X for just over 2 months and it has been fine up until around last weekend, where every time I turn it on and load up a game, it turns itself off after about 2 minutes of...
  3. Xbox S black screen and turns itself off no reset screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox S black screen and turns itself off no reset screen: I haven’t used my Xbox S in about 2 weeks. Sat down to play tonight, and nothing. First, the power comes on, but no screen appears. Then after about 20 seconds the Xbox S powers off on its own....
  4. Unit turns itself off shortly after turning on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unit turns itself off shortly after turning on.: After turning on the Xbox series S the unit will quickly turn off. 1e2a70a3-3633-4bf6-bc94-01f24d670f4d
  5. Xbox series x keeps turning itself off

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x keeps turning itself off: Ever since I got it, right out of the box, I had trouble turning it on. It will make the little start up noise and the light will come on but it won’t actually start up. Then, anywhere between...
  6. Xbox 360 Slim turns off by itself.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim turns off by itself.: I'm currently having trouble with my Xbox 360 Slim where it turns off by itself after a minute or two. The power brick shows its green when I have the Xbox turned on and the auto turn off feature...
  7. my Xbox turns off by itself with the game nba2k24

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my Xbox turns off by itself with the game nba2k24: my Xbox turns off by itself with the game nba2k24 ca6de670-e7ea-40c5-96c4-5e30c4622f95
  8. My Xbox is turning off by itself while playing certain games

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox is turning off by itself while playing certain games: Hello my Xbox Series X is turning itself off randomly when playing certain games the main game at the moment is Call of duty when I I bought this Xbox it worked fine but all of sudden for certain...
  9. Xbox Series X Turned off and on by itself

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Turned off and on by itself: Hi. So I was watching some YouTube today, and when a commercial popped up, my console went black for a few seconds, and after that, the Xbox logo showed up, and I was kicked to the dashboard. Is...
  10. Does anyone know why my xbox game bar keeps turning itself off?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know why my xbox game bar keeps turning itself off?: I will go into my settings and turn it on, then when i come out of my settings and go back in; the game bar has turned itself off? fe33ff60-1ebf-4d03-ae60-bb9afb6f4b2d