XBOX One TB of data usage

Discus and support XBOX One TB of data usage in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I lose internet several times a day/evening. On each occasion my XBox One is on and when i look at the XBOX Network connection Data Usage it tells me... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Silent Runner, Sep 4, 2020.

1. XBOX One TB of data usage

I lose internet several times a day/evening. On each occasion my XBox One is on and when i look at the XBOX Network connection Data Usage it tells me that over one hundred TB of data have been transmitted in the last period(one hour intervals). The loss
    of internet coincides with the TB usage on the XBox.

I also have an Xbox One X and the problem does not occur with that one, only the XBox One.

A quick search of the internet reveals a lot of people with the TB of data issue on their XBox One too.

What is happening and how can I stop it.

I have already done a reset.

:)

Silent Runner, Sep 4, 2020
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

It's a bug. Check your router, it should provide the correct reading.

For example, 100TB would be awful amount of data to download, at 100Mb/s. It would take about 2,000 hours, or around 95 days.
  3. Mister Beep Win User

What is this?!?!

Hey LadyJadey,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to see the high bandwidth usage! Has your Xbox One's data usage looked accurate after 5/31? This may have been a visual bug, and your Xbox One console most likely has not reached anywhere near 3,600 TB of data usage. The most
    reliable tool to check internet usage will be through your ISP. Any bandwidth usage your Xbox One console actually uses will reflect on the ISP side. I would not worry about your Xbox One console using that much data unless your ISP is reflecting the same
    amount of usage.

Hope this helps clear up the issue!
  4. Omega Realities Win User

Extreme Bandwidth Usage

Can't check that until after midnight. But 2 TB usage would take over 40 hours at my speed. My ISP shows barely 10 GB usage. Again the 2.0 TB,
    shows on the bandwidth usage on the Xbox One.

Will update tomorrow after I can check my isp.
  5. Tezzerrific Win User

Network statistic concerns. One with historical bandwidth usage and another with internet speed test.

you would get better statistic tracking via your router, the xbox usage section is way off and sometimes shows TB instead of MB.

I would not use the usage tracking on the xbox at all for accurate info.
  6. zebwinz Win User

XBOX One data usage.

It would probably depend on the game. Dead Rising 3 and Titanfall both seem to be doing quite a bit on the server side so they might take up a decent chunk of your bandwidth.
Thema:

1. XBOX One TB of data usage - Similar Threads - data usage

2. How to connect my mobile data of my phone to my Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to connect my mobile data of my phone to my Xbox one: Can I please know on how to connect my mobile data of my phone to the Xbox one and to find my ssid of the red magic 8 pro 73f0e652-26db-4521-a2af-612da085d01f
  3. Is there a way to delete cloud save data with no Internet connection to the Xbox?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to delete cloud save data with no Internet connection to the Xbox?: I don't have home internet, and the data is getting miscalculated by my provider and I can't use all of the hotspot they say I have access to.(i.e. I download a 5Gb update, and it blows through...
  4. Game data deleted on internal storage after installing an external harddrive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game data deleted on internal storage after installing an external harddrive.: Game data deleted on internal storage of my Xbox X for only one game (Dead Space) after installing a external harddrive. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, still nothing. HELP!...
  5. cant sync data but have space.

in XBoX on Consoles
    cant sync data but have space.: Xbox is always telling me that i have no space when its trying to sync data. I have plenty of space but it keeps saying i dont. What do i do. 76573a5c-f5d0-45bf-a872-ee0552bf4e56
  6. If I put my physical game data into a external storage and plug it into my series s could i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I put my physical game data into a external storage and plug it into my series s could i...: So I have an Xbox one s and I feel it’s time to finally upgrade to a new gen console. being the Xbox one s has a disk drive I have a bunch of game disks of games I play. Now I have an external...
  7. Save Data Copying USB Memory and SD Card

in XboX Insiders
    Save Data Copying USB Memory and SD Card: Would you like to be able to copy Xbox One and Xbox Series X's Game Save Data to USB memory? submitted by /u/nemesislivezx [link] [comments]
  8. Xbox One - Possible to swap internal HDD to recover data?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One - Possible to swap internal HDD to recover data?: So, I have a friend who's Xbox One HDMI port no longer works, he's upgraded to a Series X, but was not able to retrieve his account data off the old xbox. (Cannot remember password or email...
  9. All my Xbox 360 Minecraft data is gone

in XBoX on Consoles
    All my Xbox 360 Minecraft data is gone: Recently I finally found my old Microsoft account, I thought it would have all the Minecraft worlds me and my little sister made when we were young but it turns out Xbox cleared all my **** data...
  10. XBOX PC app just downloaded 2TB of data per day and hit my usage cap of 8TB for the month...

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX PC app just downloaded 2TB of data per day and hit my usage cap of 8TB for the month...: As described in the title. I was out of town for a long 4 day weekend. When I woke up this morning I started getting overage warnings from my ISP. Sure enough, it said I had used 97% of my 8TB...