Xbox One taking a long time to start up when setting up Xbox One X at the same time

Discus and support Xbox One taking a long time to start up when setting up Xbox One X at the same time in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am currently setting up my new Xbox One X but want to use my Xbox One at the same time while I wait for the set up update to finish. But, my Xbox One... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by angela magner, Sep 23, 2022.

1. Xbox One taking a long time to start up when setting up Xbox One X at the same time

I am currently setting up my new Xbox One X but want to use my Xbox One at the same time while I wait for the set up update to finish. But, my Xbox One is going really slow when I try to sign in and use apps or just won't open the app at all. Is it because I am setting up my Xbox X ?

:)

angela magner, Sep 23, 2022
  2. [ A J ] Win User

Xbox One taking a long time to start up when setting up Xbox One X at the same time

Hi, Angela! thank you for reaching out.

My name is AJ, I'm an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your console.

I believe additional information is needed.

If you don't mind, I'd appreciate it if you answer the following questions:

• The console you are having trouble with, is it the original Xbox One model?

• Do you have any external devices plugged into your console?

• Are you getting any error codes/messages when you attempt to launch a game or app?

Thank you! I'll be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards.
  3. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

I have experienced slowness and weird behaviour when starting my Xbox console, which was caused by a failing external storage device. If you have a storage device connected then please disconnected it and see if that improves it.

Usually having multipe consoles powered on at the same time shouldn't be an issue, only network related issues can be a thing, but that results in download slowness and connection issues, that shouldn't result in slowness itself on the console when browsing the dashboard.
  4. PoorPrince-FA1EF6B3- Win User

Xbox is taking a long time to start up?

Do you have kinect...uh connected? I had same problem, unplugged kinect and it boots normally.
  5. KILLERHEDAKE Win User

Are you able to use a USB drive in lieu of the hdd? Perhaps the hard drive is just going faulty. I had one hdd do the same sluggish stuff before and everytime I could make it to storage under settings and begin deleting the corruption it would either freeze
    in mid deletion or the corruption would return the next time I would boot the console. It kept happening until the hdd caused a general hardware failure known as E68, which relates to a bad hdd. Try a different hard drive or a USB thumbdrive and recover your
    gamertag to the new device. Then boot the console into Xbox live and see if that solves the issue. This will determine if it's the console, hdd or network.
  6. Turbojib Win User

I've been having the same problem with my 4 gb 360. It takes 15 minutes to get to the dashboard and another 5 to read a game, even if the game is on the HDD. It also will no longer go on Xbox Live but goes on the internet just fine. I have done all of the
    above too with no changes. By the way this is my 3rd console, the 2nd slim.
Thema:

1. Xbox One taking a long time to start up when setting up Xbox One X at the same time - Similar Threads - taking long start

2. Games take too long to start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games take too long to start: All my games take too long to start and then after some perseverance one may start but is incredibly slow. HELP? 36241969-5ee9-49cf-932e-d6958d46151a
  3. Takes too long to start.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Takes too long to start.: I turned on my Xbox and for some reason everything takes ages to load. When I try to open any games or apps it gives me an error message and says it took too long to start. I cant open my settings...
  4. Xbox series x taking long to start up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x taking long to start up: Since the most recent update a couple of days ago. Now when I power on my Xbox series x the Xbox logo animation start up takes forever to bring me to the Xbox dashboard. I've tried a hard rest...
  5. XSX - Games on internal drive taking long to start

in XboX Insiders
    XSX - Games on internal drive taking long to start: I'm on the latest beta build. For a while now (honestly I'm not sure how long as sometimes I go weeks without turning my console on), any games on the internal drive take quite a while to get...
  6. Games and apps taking to long to start and lagging

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games and apps taking to long to start and lagging: So for the past 2 days I’ve been getting the error code that the game took to long to start with every game I try to play. And if I do get in like after 50 tries it lags and freezes every second I...
  7. Everything is taking too long to start. Including sign in and xbox assist. Please help!...

in XboX Insiders
    Everything is taking too long to start. Including sign in and xbox assist. Please help!...: Yesterday I was playing splitgate and occasionally it would freeze, and when I quit it wouldn’t let me open it or any other apps until I restarted my Xbox via the power button, (I noticed trying...
  8. Xbox 1S - Black Screen on boot, Icons missing and games taking too long to start.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 1S - Black Screen on boot, Icons missing and games taking too long to start.: My Xbox 1S was working fine yesterday, and this morning as I booted up and logged in, there was a sudden power cut in my whole area. This lasted for around 15 seconds, and the power switched back...
  9. Games take too long to start.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games take too long to start.: I have a 2TB Seagate Xbox One hard drive. I've had it for about a year now. It was fine but now whenever it is plugged in, all of my games and apps have the "take too long to start" error. To test...
  10. Xbox taking extremely long to start up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox taking extremely long to start up: My xbox one X is taking extremely long to start up(5mins or so) and when it finally starts up and gets to the home screen its not auto logging me in like usual and when i manually log in it just...