Xbox One taking a long time to start up when setting up Xbox One X at the same time

Discus and support Xbox One taking a long time to start up when setting up Xbox One X at the same time in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am currently setting up my new Xbox One X but want to use my Xbox One at the same time while I wait for the set up update to finish. But, my Xbox One... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by angela magner, Sep 23, 2022.

1. Xbox One taking a long time to start up when setting up Xbox One X at the same time

I am currently setting up my new Xbox One X but want to use my Xbox One at the same time while I wait for the set up update to finish. But, my Xbox One is going really slow when I try to sign in and use apps or just won't open the app at all. Is it because I am setting up my Xbox X ?

:)

angela magner, Sep 23, 2022
  2. [ A J ] Win User

Xbox One taking a long time to start up when setting up Xbox One X at the same time

Hi, Angela! thank you for reaching out.

My name is AJ, I'm an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your console.

I believe additional information is needed.

If you don't mind, I'd appreciate it if you answer the following questions:

• The console you are having trouble with, is it the original Xbox One model?

• Do you have any external devices plugged into your console?

• Are you getting any error codes/messages when you attempt to launch a game or app?

Thank you! I'll be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards.
  3. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

I have experienced slowness and weird behaviour when starting my Xbox console, which was caused by a failing external storage device. If you have a storage device connected then please disconnected it and see if that improves it.

Usually having multipe consoles powered on at the same time shouldn't be an issue, only network related issues can be a thing, but that results in download slowness and connection issues, that shouldn't result in slowness itself on the console when browsing the dashboard.
  4. PoorPrince-FA1EF6B3- Win User

Xbox is taking a long time to start up?

Do you have kinect...uh connected? I had same problem, unplugged kinect and it boots normally.
  5. KILLERHEDAKE Win User

Are you able to use a USB drive in lieu of the hdd? Perhaps the hard drive is just going faulty. I had one hdd do the same sluggish stuff before and everytime I could make it to storage under settings and begin deleting the corruption it would either freeze
    in mid deletion or the corruption would return the next time I would boot the console. It kept happening until the hdd caused a general hardware failure known as E68, which relates to a bad hdd. Try a different hard drive or a USB thumbdrive and recover your
    gamertag to the new device. Then boot the console into Xbox live and see if that solves the issue. This will determine if it's the console, hdd or network.
  6. Turbojib Win User

I've been having the same problem with my 4 gb 360. It takes 15 minutes to get to the dashboard and another 5 to read a game, even if the game is on the HDD. It also will no longer go on Xbox Live but goes on the internet just fine. I have done all of the
    above too with no changes. By the way this is my 3rd console, the 2nd slim.
Thema:

1. Xbox One taking a long time to start up when setting up Xbox One X at the same time - Similar Threads - taking long start

2. Xbox takes too long to start and times out

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox takes too long to start and times out: Hi ive an xbox one which every game digital and disk won't load. It tries to load then times out and has an error message. I try this with each game and the same problem happens. Any help would be...
  3. Why is my Microsoft account taking too long to start?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Microsoft account taking too long to start?: I can't get my game going. 4b8537e1-f72a-45de-80b7-8029d9718e8f
  4. What do I do if my Xbox takes too long to start all my games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What do I do if my Xbox takes too long to start all my games?: P.s I have done everything that's been suggested. Eject and Sync, unplugging, removing my accounts. EVERYTHING!!! I fear I've lost my xbox. This is just so frustrating, thought it'd be a much...
  5. Games take too long to start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games take too long to start: All my games take too long to start and then after some perseverance one may start but is incredibly slow. HELP? 36241969-5ee9-49cf-932e-d6958d46151a
  6. Games take too long to start.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games take too long to start.: I have a 2TB Seagate Xbox One hard drive. I've had it for about a year now. It was fine but now whenever it is plugged in, all of my games and apps have the "take too long to start" error. To test...
  7. Xbox one X games and apps always take too long to start and sometimes unresponsive.AS a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one X games and apps always take too long to start and sometimes unresponsive.AS a...: Everything works fine when I am offline but no game or apps load when i am connected to the internet.I have tried clearing saved data, power cycling,a full factory reset but nothing is solving the...
  8. Xbox one x games take too long to start

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one x games take too long to start: I've been having this issue for a while now and restarting and unplugging doesn't work. Anyone have a fix? submitted by /u/datpoot [link] [comments]
  9. Games take too long to start, Xbox will not reset

in XboX Insiders
    Games take too long to start, Xbox will not reset: I’m in alpha skip ahead Ring. Console is updated as of 1:00 am this morning. Now when I try to load a game, it says it takes too long to start, so I got back to main screen and try again. Keeps...
  10. Games/Apps/Xbox Crash or “Take too long to start”

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games/Apps/Xbox Crash or “Take too long to start”: I had to send my xbox one x back to Microsoft to be repaired due to no display upon startup. I exhausted every possible troubleshooting option and even took it to the local Microsoft Store before...