Xbox One takes too long to boot up and doesn't display anything.

Discus and support Xbox One takes too long to boot up and doesn't display anything. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've had my xbox for a long time, since it came out, and have never had any problems with it whatsoever. Then all of a sudden, it takes 5-10 min to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by crofted, Jan 16, 2020.

1. crofted
    crofted Guest

I've had my xbox for a long time, since it came out, and have never had any problems with it whatsoever. Then all of a sudden, it takes 5-10 min to even boot up, and once it does it goes to a blank grey screen. If I am lucky and it does go to my homescreen
    after I wait a while, all the icons are solid colors instead of their pictures and previews. When I click on something to start it up, it gives me Error Code 0x8027025A. I've hard reset my xbox so many times, and it's a problem with my xbox alone since I'm
    able to get others working with the same setup. I don't have any external drives or anything attached to my xbox. I've looked online for solutions but anything I've tried doesn't work. I'm hoping I don't have to factory reset my console, so any alternative
    would be appreciated.

:)

crofted, Jan 16, 2020
  2. NeoDan123 Win User

The troubleshooting steps for the error code you are experiencing is listed in the link below.

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/errors/error-code-8027025a
  3. ArminatorX Win User

What exactly is the console showing during that 5-10 minutes of booting?

Do you get the green boot screen with the pulsating light effects, or do you get an entirely black screen during this long boot process?

It might be, that the console detects a corrupted file system (due to an unexpected shutdown or crash), and checks the hard drive for logical errors during startup (similar to the Chkdsk command on a Windows PC).

If the Operating System is corrupted, there is no way around a
    factory reset via USB stick
    to reinstall a working OS again.

So you might want to start your console until it's usable, attach an USB 3.0 compliant hard drive and copy/move your games to the external drive.

If you don't have an external drive, and you mentioned other consoles working in your setup, you might also transfer your games to the other console(s) and do the factory reset on your console.

After you factory reset the console and it's working again, simply download your old profile again, and copy the games back to your console from the USB drive or the other consoles in your network.
  4. RichardMort Win User

I'm having trouble hooking up the hard drive
  5. SMPINFIDELIS93 Win User

Xbox One takes way too long to boot up

Hi Hydro Skillet,

By sign-in I meant the green Xbox startup screen, which also seems to be taking forever to complete.
  6. Hordie Win User

Xbox One takes way too long to boot up

Hi SMPINFIDELIS93,

Just to make sure I have the whole idea of what's going on, when you says sign in are you referring to boot time, or the actual sign in for your account? If it's your account, then try removing it and then adding it back by

this process
    . If that doesn't work I'd recommend a full factory reset. If the Xbox is slow booting and you've tried the steps I first posted, I would also recommend a factory reset. Follow

these steps
    to perform the reset. Provided you keep your Xbox connected to the internet, your saves should be backed up. You will need to reinstall your games after this.

Hope this helps!
Thema:

1. Xbox One takes too long to boot up and doesn't display anything. - Similar Threads - takes too long

2. Games and sign in take too long to load, tried restarting the games, Xbox, network, cleared...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games and sign in take too long to load, tried restarting the games, Xbox, network, cleared...: It's Christmas eve, I've been away for months, I dusted it off. It could load disney plus slowly, but everything else, like prime video and Netflix, all games both disc and digital don't work. I...
  3. Xbox takes too long to start and times out

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox takes too long to start and times out: Hi ive an xbox one which every game digital and disk won't load. It tries to load then times out and has an error message. I try this with each game and the same problem happens. Any help would be...
  4. Xbox save taking too long to sync - possibly related to Starfield

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox save taking too long to sync - possibly related to Starfield: Current status: Xbox console is on, all games are closed.Try to launch Starfield on PC or Cloud, and it tells me its taking too long to sync. The message is almost immediate, I choose keep trying...
  5. Xbox taking too long to sync

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox taking too long to sync: Recently i started getting this mensagem saying "your other Xbox is taking to long to sync" when i play starfield and if i select try again it Just Goes to the same message.How can i fix this?...
  6. Why is my Microsoft account taking too long to start?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Microsoft account taking too long to start?: I can't get my game going. 4b8537e1-f72a-45de-80b7-8029d9718e8f
  7. Connecting to a Party taking too long.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connecting to a Party taking too long.: When I join a party or someone joins me it takes me at least 15-30 seconds for it to connect to the party. I've tried resetting my router and my Xbox and it still does it....
  8. When I try to enter a map, the following message appears: "The display is taking too long...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When I try to enter a map, the following message appears: "The display is taking too long...: When I try to enter a map, the following message appears: "The display is taking too long to load, Proceeding with world generation..." And it stays forever in this message. I left the game open...
  9. Syncing data taking too long to load anyone got a solution?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Syncing data taking too long to load anyone got a solution?: Hey I’ve been trying to play minecraft for a few weeks now but everyday my world quits it’s self and says “minecraft is unable to save your world we will redirect you to the main menu to clear...
  10. Xbox one takes too long error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one takes too long error: Xbox one I get error that start up takes to long error, logging takes too long error, loading an app takes to long error and trying to play a game takes too long error...