XBOX One system updates now kick you out of an ongoing game?

Discus and support XBOX One system updates now kick you out of an ongoing game? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Now in 3 days I have got twice an XBOX One system update that pops up in the middle of a game. It has 3 buttons to install and reboot, to postpone but... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by The Lylmik, May 14, 2020.

1. The Lylmik
    The Lylmik Guest

Now in 3 days I have got twice an XBOX One system update that pops up in the middle of a game. It has 3 buttons to install and reboot, to postpone but disable network or turn off xbox. Neither of those is acceptable if you are in an online game and about
    an hour into a mission where kicking me out means I have to repeat the mission from start. Why would there not be an option to postpone and stay online? All my updates before used to install while I slept or when I powered on the xbox, now the change in the
    updates is really annoying. Is there a setting that changes the behavior back to installing on low usage time?

:)

The Lylmik, May 14, 2020
  2. The Lylmik Win User

I have insider enabled, true as it has not had any issues until now. Is this now the new normal for insiders to get updates forced on while in game? if that is the case, I will roll back out of the insider program.
  3. marcosavage314 Win User

Try going to settings and go to updates and where it says auto update uncheck it try that and let me know
  4. The Lylmik Win User

I dont want to disable automatic updates, just that they would be considerate enough to not want to deploy while I am in game. Also I have not noticed any updates for weeks and now suddenly 2 in 3 days also appears a bit excessive.
  5. MKDeed Win User

There does need to be an option if you are in game giving the option to update in like an hour or so. But if you are an insider back out so this does not happen all the time. Because it does force you instead of asking before signing in.
  6. The Lylmik Win User

I unenrolled my Xbox from insider, and it turns out the Insider build was the same as the one rolled out to public, as it did not need a reset. I hope now it will act as the settings say under system updates "Let your Xbox automatically apply any available
    console updates when you turn it off". The last part of this statement is very important to me, as I have now twice had to redo over an hours worth of game because it did not wait until I was done in the game.
Thema:

1. XBOX One system updates now kick you out of an ongoing game? - Similar Threads - system updates kick

2. Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK: Everytime I try to use xbox rewards app, it says to update consoles location. I live in UK and system is set to UK. I've lost a 50 week streak due to this fault, been like this for 5 days now...
  3. Cannot log into any account on XBox Series S after system update March 2024

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot log into any account on XBox Series S after system update March 2024: Last week (around March 19th) when I turned on my XBox, I had a message that I needed to perform a system update. I performed that without issue. Since then, however, no account can log in. I just...
  4. My xbox one says there's a problem with the system update and it won't stay connected to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one says there's a problem with the system update and it won't stay connected to...: I connect to the internet then it acts like it wants to do the update then it stops and says that there is a problem with the update and when I click try again it does nothing and this problem has...
  5. Doing offline system update, console shut down as expected. It's been 15min and hasn't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Doing offline system update, console shut down as expected. It's been 15min and hasn't...: Was on step 2 at 57 percent complete c584bb00-39a9-48b1-af5f-a221cd4c2564
  6. Could someone share me the contents of "System Update" disk partition? From a insiders...

in XboX Insiders
    Could someone share me the contents of "System Update" disk partition? From a insiders...: I have my Xbox One S enrolled in the insiders program, and my HDD died. Therefore, I cannot recover the system from the console in any way, not even extracting the contents of the System Update...
  7. How do I update my Xbox 360 system

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I update my Xbox 360 system: Hi I’m new, How do I update my Xbox live system I have an 8gb usb but it’s not working do I need an official Xbox storage device 0b2fb2db-4976-40ff-8ee4-8395f8301fef
  8. My Xbox series S won’t system update.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox series S won’t system update.: It keeps saying there’s a problem, but I’ve reset it twice and I’m unable to do an offline reset. Please help? 99e3bf41-b1e5-4752-a78f-662da4740462
  9. My Xbox360 is asking for a system update for the Kinect feature, but I don’t see it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox360 is asking for a system update for the Kinect feature, but I don’t see it...: I want to be able to play old Kinect games like Dance Central 1-3 and Kinect sports with my siblings to have fun again. Until I was met with my Xbox360 saying that a system update is required, but...
  10. Why is my Xbox one so slow on system updates?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my Xbox one so slow on system updates?: Why is my Xbox one so slow on system updates? It takes hrs and I have a superb connection. I spend a bit on here too, makes me want to throw it away. 927a8f13-bb2c-4c9f-9d0c-0f5ec2c295d7