XBox One suddenly won't connect to wireless internet

Discus and support XBox One suddenly won't connect to wireless internet in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an XB1 that I bought about a month or so ago. I had a heck of a time getting it to connect to the wireless internet in my house, but it finally... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LORD BACKFIRE, Dec 22, 2015.

1. XBox One suddenly won't connect to wireless internet

I have an XB1 that I bought about a month or so ago. I had a heck of a time getting it to connect to the wireless internet in my house, but it finally did connect and has been fine until last Saturday night. Something happened to the internet in our house;
    it completely dropped out. Not sure if the router had an issue or the internet itself. At any rate, ever since then the XB1 won't connect to the wireless. It connects to the internet fine via a ethernet cable. I have tried everything there is to try; hard
    reset, multiple suggestions from support (spoke to them several times). Basically I enter my password for the network and it says it's wrong, but it isn't because it's the same one for all devices in the house and all of them connect no problem. The last
    attempt I am trying is port forward configuration.

On that, I have attempted to open the ports, but I'm having issues. I have a Netgear WGR614v9 router. When I get to the screen where I can configure the port, it lists the same IP address as my router except for the last number. If I put that number in,
    it fails becaause "Server IP address cannot be router's LAN IP address." If I put my XB1 IP address in it, it says "Server IP address must be a LAN IP address." I have no idea what to do from here. I also ran a open port test and when I checked
    port 88, it said it was closed.

Support says it's likely my internal antenna. I don;t see how since my XB can pick up the wireless internet in my house as well as all my neighbors. But I also know little of these things.

Kevin

:)

LORD BACKFIRE, Dec 22, 2015
  2. my xbox won't let me connect to my wireless internet

my xbox won't let me connect to my wireless internet it just says you still can not connect to your internet here are some suggestions

donatello rocks, Dec 22, 2015
  3. Won't Connect to Internet when I have a strong connection

My Xbox One won't connect to my wireless internet but my cell phone and laptop are both connected with strong connections. Please help me.

UncannyDaisy25, Dec 22, 2015
  4. XBox One suddenly won't connect to wireless internet

Well it works fine wired (wired is better, I would run cable either way) so we know its a wireless issue , and other stuff connects wirelessly so it almost HAS to be the xbox's wireless card , ports would have nothing to do with this ...I would reset the
    router to factory defaults and also check for firmware updates , if still no , about all you could try would be a factory restore or setup a repair... OR just run that cable (cat 5 is dirt cheap right now) and have a much more stable connection....and you
    said you have only had it ABOUT a month ? if LESS than a month you should be able to exchange it...

Also , on that router UPNP should take care of everything and no need to forward anything

RobertBuckalew, Dec 22, 2015
  5. Went Brown Win User

Xbox One Account Sign in Issues

Looks like I managed to get the internet working on it but one of the wireless Zxyell wireless modem won't connect to my xbox one so I must use another one.
  6. Dc r0cks 0n 500 Win User

I have an Xbox 360 that won't connect to my router

Same thing is happening to me my Xbox one s won't connect to my internet but will connect to a hotspot or being hard wired but still won't connect to the wireless after doing all the steps
  7. noboundz Win User

Absolutely newbie who needs help

Your Xbox needs access to the internet to connect to Xbox LIVE. Just buying a router won't do anything.

-

If you have a Slim Xbox, or a wireless adaptor for an older model, then you'll be able to connect to LIVE provided a) there's wireless internet where you are, and b) you have the password to access it, if there is one.
  8. Brownie xx Win User

Can not connect to Xbox Live on my Xbox One whatsoever

The same thing happened to me. I was playing titanfall then suddenly I was disconnected and unable to reconnect. All my other devices including my iPhone, iPad and laptop are still connected to the internet but my xbox won't. I have tested connection but
    just receiving a 'not connected' message. I have tried setting up a wireless network but that did not work either. Wtf man.
  9. buffy9472 Win User

cant connect to xbox live

is there another internet connection you could try connecting it to? That might settle the debate as to whether your internet is working or not. Sometimes my xbox appears connected to the internet, but if my wireless is down or experiencing intermittent
    connection issues, I won't be able to connect to my live account. So it might still be your internet?
Thema:

XBox One suddenly won't connect to wireless internet

1. XBox One suddenly won't connect to wireless internet - Similar Threads - suddenly won't connect

2. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  3. DirectX 11 Suddenly Won't Work on Newer Title Game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    DirectX 11 Suddenly Won't Work on Newer Title Game.: Hello there, I have a problem where DirectX is messing with all of my games and now I can't play them. Everytime I tried to launch a game it give me this error : LowLevelFatal Error [File:...
  4. My xbox series x all of a sudden won't play anyyy xbox 360 games it was now it won't do...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox series x all of a sudden won't play anyyy xbox 360 games it was now it won't do...: My xbox series x all of a sudden won't play anyyy xbox 360 games it was now it won't do **** but will play my newer games but none of the 360 and I've tried everything what the heck I can't get it...
  5. Discord on xbox suddenly won't connect through my headset.

in XBoX on Windows
    Discord on xbox suddenly won't connect through my headset.: I've been using discord theough my xbox for months and it's working great. Two days ago though I was playing with my friends, we're cross platform hence the use of discord. I muted my mic for a...
  6. ONE X suddenly won't connect to 2.4 GHz, but accepts 5 GHz networks

in XBoX on Consoles
    ONE X suddenly won't connect to 2.4 GHz, but accepts 5 GHz networks: My ONE X had been using the same 2.4 GHz (home) wifi for 3 years+. Then I connected it to a 5 GHz network, once. Then I tried to reconnect it to the home wifi, when it said: *Connecting to...
  7. Won't let me twitch stream through Xbox all the sudden

in XboX Insiders
    Won't let me twitch stream through Xbox all the sudden: It's worked fine for years and all the sudden in the capture and share tab when I press live stream it says "to live stream a game, make sure your privacy settings allow it. The game you're...
  8. Why won't my Xbox connect wirelessly all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox connect wirelessly all of a sudden?: Hi All So suddenly my Xbox 360 will not connect wirelessly. It says NETWORK FAILED - INTERNET BLOCKED - XBOX LIVE BLOCKED. I have tried all steps available (clearing cache, factory resetting...
  9. my xbox console hanged all of sudden and now won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox console hanged all of sudden and now won't turn on: Hi Guys, I was playing game and all of sudden console hanged. I restarted the console and now it won't turn on. Light is dim and goes to sleep after minutes. Controller lights are also blinking...
  10. All of a sudden this game won't connect

in XBoX Games and Apps
    All of a sudden this game won't connect: I've been playing bingo on Windows 10 since last year. Now it won't connect. It keeps sending the message to try again. What can I do to get it back? 43f6cc9d-f936-4c49-a783-f0c7e2cc32df