Xbox One Stuck on Mute - Headset Tested and Works!

Discus and support Xbox One Stuck on Mute - Headset Tested and Works! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Our Xbox has suddenly muted itself, we’ve tried all the trouble shooting guides online and nothing has worked. Firmware up to date, powered down and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by michellegunter, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Xbox One Stuck on Mute - Headset Tested and Works!

Our Xbox has suddenly muted itself, we’ve tried all the trouble shooting guides online and nothing has worked. Firmware up to date, powered down and restarted, connected it by USB, checked the Chat Mixer and checked all other settings. Headset works on
    other consoles - sound is on through the TV just not the headset.

Any other ideas that we could try....?

:)

michellegunter, Sep 3, 2018
  2. NappyKevin
    NappyKevin Guest
    Xbox one stereo headset adapter

My Xbox one stereo headset adapter is stuck on mute and I have to update my controller with the adapter but it's still stuck on mute, any suggestions?

NappyKevin, Sep 3, 2018
  3. Wireless Xbox One S controller is not working with Xbox One headset or any headset

Purchased an Xbox One S and none of my headsets work with it. I have the xbox one headset with adapter and when plugged in no one in my party can hear me. I know for sure it isn't on mute also. I have tested the headset and it does work. I also have tested
    my bose headset with the controller and it doesn't work on the wireless controller either. The bose headset does, however work on a wired controller I have for the console, but that is besides the point since I want to use a headset with my wireless controller.

HeadTakr420Boss, Sep 3, 2018
  4. Xbox One Stuck on Mute - Headset Tested and Works!

Try this, it worked for me, Plugged my headset into a Windows 10 PC with the USB cable and then unmuted the mic through the windows settings.

Sounds odd, but it worked for me.

DIPDIP0TAT0CH1P, Sep 3, 2018
  5. Edocsil 2020
    Edocsil 2020 Guest
    What is the headset you are using?

Edocsil 2020, Sep 3, 2018
  6. A none Microsoft one, called XBox Support and they told me that the problem would not occur if I bought an official XBox headset. I'll let you know if that sorts the problem.

michellegunter, Sep 5, 2018
  7. Anything is worth a try - thank you!

michellegunter, Nov 3, 2018
  8. michellegunter Win User

A none Microsoft one, called XBox Support and they told me that the problem would not occur if I bought an official XBox headset. I'll let you know if that sorts the problem.
  9. Edocsil 2020 Win User

What is the headset you are using?
  10. michellegunter Win User

Anything is worth a try - thank you!
  11. DIPDIP0TAT0CH1P Win User

Try this, it worked for me, Plugged my headset into a Windows 10 PC with the USB cable and then unmuted the mic through the windows settings.

Sounds odd, but it worked for me.
  12. Mc Cheshire Cat Win User

sounds wont go through my mic

So if youve tested it on both pc and xbox and it doesnt work, but other ones do, the only things i can think of are either the mute button Has either got stuck or has broke, or the mic itself has broke.

What headset is it?
Thema:

1. Xbox One Stuck on Mute - Headset Tested and Works! - Similar Threads - Stuck Mute Headset

2. Xbox One Headset Adapter Stuck on Mute

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Headset Adapter Stuck on Mute: Hi, as I logged in this morning the headset adapter keeps showing an orange light and is stuck on mute. I tried manually downloading an update for the controller (even if there is no update...
  3. XBox One Stereo Headset Adapter stuck on mute

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One Stereo Headset Adapter stuck on mute: Really fed up of this - i know a few people have similar issues. I have the official XBox One Stereo Headset Adapter and official headphones. Worked fine for about a year. Then suddenly i turn...
  4. Xbox Headset adapter stuck on mute

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Headset adapter stuck on mute: My xbox headset adapter immediately goes to mute as soon as I plug it into my controller. I tried updating the controller while plugged in but the mute button just blinks and still does not...
  5. Xbox Headset adapter stuck on mute. Tried updating

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Headset adapter stuck on mute. Tried updating: My xbox headset adapter immediately goes to mute as soon as I plug it into my controller. I tried updating the controller while plugged in but the mute button just blinks and still does not...
  6. Mute stuck on xbox one, cant connect headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mute stuck on xbox one, cant connect headset: the mute icon is stuck in the on position in the upper right corner. Cannot connect Astro A10 headset. Tried all troubleshooting suggestions, including powering down & changing controller. Nothing...
  7. Headset adaptor stuck on mute

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset adaptor stuck on mute: I've googled this and the common response is to update the controller. I've done this and it hasn't worked. I know it's the adaptor that is at fault because I have 2 of these and the other one...
  8. Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter stuck on mute

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter stuck on mute: Hello My adapter has suddenly become stuck on mute and I can't fix it. Have only had it for a couple of months. I've tried updating the controller, tried it on different controllers and different...
  9. headset for xbox one stuck on mute

in XBoX on Consoles
    headset for xbox one stuck on mute: headset is about a year old just suddenly went to mute one day during play and cannot turn mute off have tried updating controller changing controller and updating that etc and the headset is...
  10. Stereo Headset adapter stuck on mute.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stereo Headset adapter stuck on mute.: My Xbox One stereo headset adapter keeps having the mute light on as soon as I plug it in. And i have only had it for a month. I used to be able to fix it by updating the controller but I can't...