Xbox one streaming on Windows 10 not working when trying to play multiplayer

Discus and support Xbox one streaming on Windows 10 not working when trying to play multiplayer in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When streaming games from my Xbox One to my Windows 10 PC (surface pro 2) I am having an issue where I can't connect more than one controller at a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by em0ney, Sep 25, 2017.

1. em0ney
    em0ney Guest

When streaming games from my Xbox One to my Windows 10 PC (surface pro 2) I am having an issue where I can't connect more than one controller at a time. I am using the wireless controller adapter and when in the Xbox windows app before starting the streaming
    function all of the controllers are connected and can move around and select options. But as soon as I open the streaming functionality, the Xbox One only recognizes a single controller. This issue wasn't present until about two months ago. Does anyone know
    what is going on with this issue? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

:)

em0ney, Sep 25, 2017
  2. PsiScream
    PsiScream Guest
    Xbox app streaming not (any longer) supports two controllers ?

Just wanted to note here that I am having the exact same issue. Multiple controllers connected to Windows 10 work perfectly *until* the xbox streaming is initiated within the xbox app, at which point all controllers but one are dropped and it's not possible
    to play multiplayer.

To xbox support: this is not a corruption issue, or an outdated driver issue etc. You can easily mock this up in your lab by attempting to play multiplayer via the xbox app for Windows 10 , and will see that it doesn't work. When you get it working in
    your lab, please report back to us. Thanks.

PsiScream, Sep 25, 2017
  3. maxen
    maxen Guest
    XBOX 360 and Game Streaming

Are you trying to stream a game from Xbox 360 to Windows 10? That's not supported - the media center of old was for streaming videos and songs.

There is a way to stream Xbox 360 games to Windows 10, but it involved using an Xbox One and playing the backwards compatible Xbox 360 on the Xbox 360, then streaming the Xbox One to Windows 10.

maxen, Sep 25, 2017
  4. Xbox one streaming on Windows 10 not working when trying to play multiplayer

Hi,

One possible reason as to why you're encountering this issue is due to an outdated OS on both your Xbox One console and Windows 10 PC. Aside from that, we also need to make sure that the controller's driver is up-to-date. For us to determine the main cause,
    kindly answer the following:

• Have you made any changes to your devices before encountering this issue?
    • Have you tried using wired controllers to verify if this is due to a wireless signal interruption?
    • Have you tried connecting the controllers to a different Windows 10 PC and check if the same issue occurs?

To check if there are updates available for both of your devices, kindly refer to the following links:

Catherine Cus., Sep 26, 2017
  5. em0ney
    em0ney Guest
    Thanks for the reply.

I checked the available updates for both my Xbox One and Windows 10 PC. There was an update available for the Windows PC and I downloaded and installed it. There was not an update available for the Xbox One.

I also connected all of my controllers to the Xbox One and searched for updates, and none were available.

So everything should be on the latest updates.

I did try and plug the controllers into the Windows 10 PC over USB to see if that helped, but I got the same results. In the Xbox app in Windows all of the connected controllers worked for navigation of the menus and making selections. It is when I connect
    to the Xbox One and open streaming that I lose the ability to do anything except with the one controller. The issue isn't isolated to a single controller either, whichever one I connect first works while streaming, and all the others won't. If I try again
    using a different controller, then that will be the one that works and the others don't.

I have not made any changes to my system or connections outside of applying the updates as they come along.

I am not able to try a different Windows 10 PC as this Surface Pro 2 is my only one.

Everything else about streaming the games works great, I am hoping you can help me find a solution to the controller connection issue as it is the only thing standing in my way. Thanks again for your support.

em0ney, Sep 26, 2017
  6. Catherine Cus., Sep 28, 2017
  7. em0ney
    em0ney Guest
    ok attempted to update the controllers via the Xbox accessories app in windows 10 and it checked and said no updates available there either. Any other suggestions? I appreciate the help.

em0ney, Oct 5, 2017
  8. Xbox one streaming on Windows 10 not working when trying to play multiplayer

The next solution we recommend is to power cycle your Xbox One console. A full power cycle reboots the console fully. Doing this does not erase any of your games or data. Here are the steps:

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds.
    2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the
      Xbox button on your controller. Try streaming and check if the same issue occurs.

Keep us posted with the results.

Catherine Cus., Nov 2, 2018
  9. Catherine Cus. Win User

10. Catherine Cus. Win User

The next solution we recommend is to power cycle your Xbox One console. A full power cycle reboots the console fully. Doing this does not erase any of your games or data. Here are the steps:

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds.
    2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the
      Xbox button on your controller. Try streaming and check if the same issue occurs.

Keep us posted with the results.
  11. em0ney Win User

Thanks for the reply.

I checked the available updates for both my Xbox One and Windows 10 PC. There was an update available for the Windows PC and I downloaded and installed it. There was not an update available for the Xbox One.

I also connected all of my controllers to the Xbox One and searched for updates, and none were available.

So everything should be on the latest updates.

I did try and plug the controllers into the Windows 10 PC over USB to see if that helped, but I got the same results. In the Xbox app in Windows all of the connected controllers worked for navigation of the menus and making selections. It is when I connect
    to the Xbox One and open streaming that I lose the ability to do anything except with the one controller. The issue isn't isolated to a single controller either, whichever one I connect first works while streaming, and all the others won't. If I try again
    using a different controller, then that will be the one that works and the others don't.

I have not made any changes to my system or connections outside of applying the updates as they come along.

I am not able to try a different Windows 10 PC as this Surface Pro 2 is my only one.

Everything else about streaming the games works great, I am hoping you can help me find a solution to the controller connection issue as it is the only thing standing in my way. Thanks again for your support.
  12. em0ney Win User

ok attempted to update the controllers via the Xbox accessories app in windows 10 and it checked and said no updates available there either. Any other suggestions? I appreciate the help.
  13. Catherine Cus. Win User

Hi,

One possible reason as to why you're encountering this issue is due to an outdated OS on both your Xbox One console and Windows 10 PC. Aside from that, we also need to make sure that the controller's driver is up-to-date. For us to determine the main cause,
    kindly answer the following:

• Have you made any changes to your devices before encountering this issue?
    • Have you tried using wired controllers to verify if this is due to a wireless signal interruption?
    • Have you tried connecting the controllers to a different Windows 10 PC and check if the same issue occurs?

To check if there are updates available for both of your devices, kindly refer to the following links:

Thema:

1. Xbox one streaming on Windows 10 not working when trying to play multiplayer - Similar Threads - streaming Windows working

2. When streaming anything (Hulu, DIsney+, MAX, Paramount+, etc.) there is significant video...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When streaming anything (Hulu, DIsney+, MAX, Paramount+, etc.) there is significant video...: I know this isn't a network issue as we have tested the modem connection (both upload and download), and have streamed things from laptops and phones. They don't appear to be the issue. We have...
  3. Stream my xbox ganeplay to tiktok tell me how to do this

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Stream my xbox ganeplay to tiktok tell me how to do this: Hey id love to know how i can strewm my xbox gameplay to tiktok i need more information 94498671-c888-4e8e-924a-988c57559cbb
  4. How do I connect multiple Xbox controllers to my PC's xbox app and stream the gameplay?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I connect multiple Xbox controllers to my PC's xbox app and stream the gameplay?: How do I connect multiple Xbox controllers to my PC's xbox app and stream the gameplay? Ive been able to seamlessly play on my xbox by streaming in to my laptop through the xbox companion app, and...
  5. some reason the audio for my stream is muted and it wont let me fix it, its honestly quite...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    some reason the audio for my stream is muted and it wont let me fix it, its honestly quite...: I was putting up stream and usually ill re set it to get this to work but now it flat out wont work. Everytime i go like its muted and wont let me unmute the stream. I dont know what to do....
  6. Please add a YouTube Music app so I can stream background YouTube Music

in XboX Insiders
    Please add a YouTube Music app so I can stream background YouTube Music: That would be great. And there are probably lots of people who would use it. submitted by /u/Brocker_9000 [link] [comments]
  7. Cannot use the cast function to stream to my Xbox Series X in WIndows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot use the cast function to stream to my Xbox Series X in WIndows 11: I have been attempting to stream content from my windows 11 equipped desktop computer to my Xbox Series X, however the cast function does not detect the console. I have reviewed this thread...
  8. how to connect xbox one to hp stream laptop window 8?

in XBoX on Windows
    how to connect xbox one to hp stream laptop window 8?: help me figure how to connect xbox one to laptop pc? 0302c13e-70b3-455f-bc9f-2fc81b792835
  9. I can't stream on mixer and screenshot window is empty

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't stream on mixer and screenshot window is empty: Hello everyone, so I have a big problem ... I don't know how to solve my problems. When I launch game bar, there is no problem to communicate with others players or film my game but I can't stream...
  10. Xbox One X Stream to Window 10 only 640x480

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One X Stream to Window 10 only 640x480: Here is my setup: Xbox One X Intel NUC i7-7567U 16GB RAM Intel Iris 650 Graphics Westinghouse 1080p 42" TV (HDMI) Dell 2407WFP Monitor (USB-C -> DVI) I have tried opening the Xbox app on...