Xbox One stops at 2/3 of the update, flashes the light for a bit, then turns off and never...

Discus and support Xbox One stops at 2/3 of the update, flashes the light for a bit, then turns off and never... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've had my xbox one for a while now, at least for more than 5 years. Recently I've wanted to try to use it again, but when I started it up, it said I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by pariah27, Mar 5, 2022.

1. pariah27
    pariah27 Guest

Xbox One stops at 2/3 of the update, flashes the light for a bit, then turns off and never...

I've had my xbox one for a while now, at least for more than 5 years. Recently I've wanted to try to use it again, but when I started it up, it said I needed a 4.4 gb system update to connect to the internet. I did it, but it stops 2/3 of the way through, then does what the title says. When I manually start it back up, it still says I need to update and the process repeats. Before anyone says the common fixes, I've tried literally everything. I've held down the power button and then unplugged for a minute, then I checked if my wifi was the issue, which is wasn't. After that I went through the whole process of doing the offline downloads. I tried to download the new OSU, but I got an error every time I tried to install OSU2, then I tried OSU1 and got the same results as in the beginning. Tried to soft reset, didn't work, then a full reset and that didn't work either. When it shuts off and the lights flash I don't get any error message either. Basically, I've done everything short of bringing it in for repairs. Since it's also really old, it isn't covered by warrant so I'd love to not have to do this. This wasn't an issue at all when I tried playing on it a year or two ago, so I don't know what's changed. I'd really appreciate some help on this.

:)

pariah27, Mar 5, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Xbox One stops at 2/3 of the update, flashes the light for a bit, then turns off and never restarts.

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

Seems like you have performed all the necessary steps the next option will be getting the console repaired, it can be through Microsoft via out-of-warranty repair or through local repair shop near you.
  3. DJ SANDSTORM407 Win User

System update finally rolling out....

I updated mine this morning....i had it on all night last night and never got the update...i had to turn it off and after 10 minitues or so the white light on the X1 logo flashed a couple of times than my brick light went orange...turned it on and got the
    update bar.
  4. colllecionador Win User

one red ring

For one Red Ring, please check this link:
    support.xbox.com/.../one-flashinglight

Solutions:

Solution 1: Disconnect and reconnect all cables

1. Turn off your Xbox 360 console.

2. Unplug all memory units, controllers, and accessories from your console.

3. Unplug everything from the back of your console, including power and video cables.

4. Turn on your console.

If the power button of your Xbox 360 console still flashes one red light, try the next solution.

Solution 2: Remove the hard drive

To see whether the problem involves the Xbox 360 Hard Drive, temporarily remove the hard disk drive and turn on the console.

If these steps resolve the issue, reattach the hard drive to verify that the error occurs only when your Xbox 360 Hard Drive is connected.

If the power button of your Xbox 360 console still flashes one red light, try the next solution.

Solution 3: Disconnect memory units or USB flash drives

1. Turn off your Xbox 360 console.

2. Unplug any memory units or USB flash drives attached to your console.

3. Turn on the console.

If these steps resolve the problem, reattach the memory unit or USB flash drive to make sure the error occurs only when it is connected. If this is true, order a replacement memory unit or use another USB flash drive.

If the power button of your Xbox 360 console still flashes one red light, request a repair.
  5. kaizx64 Win User

Xbox one on off button is dim??? PLEASE HELP

Hey guys, thanks for the responses. So it goes from bright to dim even without a Kinect? My Xbox one is in a fairly bright room, it is basically a 3 season sun room, surrounded with Windows and doors. With the sunlight, it's hard to even see the Xbox
    one light during the day, but it's visible at night. When I boot up my Xbox 1 controller, it starts off bright when it is flashing and before it stops it turns dim and then stops, it kinda looks purple ish a bit, but I think I'm overthinking. Games run fine,
    just was curious.
  6. Synergies14 Win User

console randomly returns to the dashboard and acts like it opening the disk try during a game.

When i have to shut the console off to get it to stop, i have to wait until the console stops the slow light flashing and for it to turn off completely before turning it back on, if i just turn it off and right back on, the problem still persists.
Thema:

1. Xbox One stops at 2/3 of the update, flashes the light for a bit, then turns off and never... - Similar Threads - stops update flashes

2. My xbox series x wont update any games itll update for a couple of minutes then just stop...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x wont update any games itll update for a couple of minutes then just stop...: Xbox Series X wont update any games 0c506631-e9c2-4648-ae3a-4e83dd180656
  3. Xbox update download stops at 3% then goes to update verification then shutdowns and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox update download stops at 3% then goes to update verification then shutdowns and...: My Xbox has a problem, when I try to update it it stops at downloading 3% then goes into verifying, when it completes verifying it shutdowns and doesn't restart back on....
  4. stuck on "system update stopped" screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    stuck on "system update stopped" screen: [img] for the past week, I've tried to update my old Xbox 360 with a USB and I put the update on it but it's stuck on that screen the worst thing about this whole situation is that the console is...
  5. Why do all the games I try to install or updated say installation stopped?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do all the games I try to install or updated say installation stopped?: [mod removed - personal information] 2f3488e0-88b5-47a4-9fc8-d95fe203566f
  6. My call of duty update just keeps saying installation stopped

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My call of duty update just keeps saying installation stopped: My call of duty update just keeps saying installation stopped 87cf7ee1-c0d8-498b-8bab-b68031d45444
  7. hey idont like FH5 updating also can you stop updating the game give me sesto fe and lamb svj

in XBoX Games and Apps
    hey idont like FH5 updating also can you stop updating the game give me sesto fe and lamb svj: i need fh5 to stop updating 10e8d216-c752-4e25-8bc8-851c7910d249
  8. Game updating issues, slowed/stopped progress (Xbox Series X)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game updating issues, slowed/stopped progress (Xbox Series X): I've got a Series X and I live in a rural area with poor/limited internet so downloads typically take several hours for large files (I use ethernet for best connection because of it). Recently I...
  9. Hdr 10 and auto stopped working after last update, when is it's a 4k UHD TV

in XBoX on Windows
    Hdr 10 and auto stopped working after last update, when is it's a 4k UHD TV: Hdr 10 and auto stopped working after last update the box in settings now says my tv no longer supports. Hdr10 when is its a 4k uhd tv 78a7612c-ef3b-42bd-9b45-bd3f8c816bb4
  10. ultimate word game stopped loading after update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ultimate word game stopped loading after update: after updating Ultimate Word Game from Microsoft, my game will not load. I tried 3 of their suggestions and nothing is working. I uninstalled and did a clean reinstall and it still will not load!...