XBox One stolen, Trying to contact Xbox Enforcement for a device ban

Discus and support XBox One stolen, Trying to contact Xbox Enforcement for a device ban in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox One was stolen in July of this year. Despite reaching out to local law enforcement, providing my serial number, and being assured that they... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BassmanTony330, Oct 30, 2017.

1. XBox One stolen, Trying to contact Xbox Enforcement for a device ban

My Xbox One was stolen in July of this year. Despite reaching out to local law enforcement, providing my serial number, and being assured that they would be reaching out to Microsoft for the proper follow up, it appears as though someone has dropped the
    ball. As of last night, I received an achievement for a game that I do not own while watching Netflix on my new XBox One. While my account information is safe (I changed my passwords and reviewed account activity), I find it unacceptable that someone is
    able to use my stolen console.

I went through the normal customer service options to attempt to get transferred to enforcement, but this did not happen. The enforcement website, while full of information, does not provide any contact information. Additionally, I am unable to file a claim
    as my account is not under active enforcement status. Seeing as I am actively seeking a console ban rather than to reverse it, is there any way for the enforcement team to contact me? Kindly advise.

:)

BassmanTony330, Oct 30, 2017
  2. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest
    My console got banned. help!

If you are talking about a device ban you should know that device bans are not issued lightly, and occur when a particular Xbox console or Xbox on Windows device is used to violate the Code of Conduct in an egregious or repeated manner. Once a device ban
    occurs, no account can connect to the Xbox Live service from the affected device. Given the severity of this action the enforcement team takes each device ban extremely seriously, and only take action after a lengthy investigation.

Please note that banning an Xbox console or Xbox on Windows device does not disrupt the underlying functionality of the device, and it can continue to be used offline following the ban. For more information about using Xbox One offline, visit
    xbox.com/offline.

For all suspension related issues check the enforcement site: https://enforcement.xbox.com

M3tal Daz3, Oct 30, 2017
  3. Trying to Contact Xbox Enforcement.

Hi,

Unfortunately, once a Gamertag is deemed offensive, it does go threw a review process with the Xbox Enforcement Team, if its found offensive or violates the Xbox Code of Conduct, you will be forced a Gamertag change and a system generated one will take its
    place. The Xbox Enforcement Team nor Xbox Support can help with getting your old Gamertag back as it violated the Xbox Code of Conduct.

The only way to change your Gamertag to something of your liking, would be to pay the fee of $9.99.

For more information regarding the Xbox Enforcement Team, please visit here:
    enforcement.xbox.com/home

For more information regarding the Xbox Code of Conduct, please visit here:
    enforcement.xbox.com/.../codeofconduct

Alliance United, Oct 30, 2017
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Unfortunately, there is no other way of contacting the enforcement team.

Smwutches, Oct 30, 2017
  5. So what are my options here? This seems extremely narrow-sighted on Microsoft's part. Furthermore, how is law enforcement supposed to contact them to begin with?

6. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    There really are no other options unfortunately. The only way to report them to the enforcement team would be to file a complaint on the other person via the console, but you'd need their gamertag. Which would defeat the purpose because then you'd probably
    know who took it. Law enforcement would not be in touch with the enforcement team.

Smwutches, Oct 30, 2017
  7. Then it is an extremely broken system, and they are basically 100% OK with someone receiving stolen property.

8. XBox One stolen, Trying to contact Xbox Enforcement for a device ban

Hey there BassmanTony330,

The Enforcement teams don't use the forums and only speak through a Case Review, which wouldn't be applicable here in this situation. If your console was stolen, you would need to report it to law enforcement which it sounds like you have. They will take
    the information and speak with another team here at Microsoft/Xbox. We don't have insight into those teams here on the forums, nor would we be able to provide any sort of information on it.

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.

Mister Mascot, Oct 31, 2017
  9. The enforcement team only exists to enforce the Code of Conduct and Microsoft services agreement on Xbox Live. They do not handle physical theft such as in this case. The only route to take is by filing a claim with local law enforcement.

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.

Mister Mascot, Nov 1, 2018
  10. BassmanTony330 Win User

Unfortunately, there is no other way of contacting the enforcement team.
    So what are my options here? This seems extremely narrow-sighted on Microsoft's part. Furthermore, how is law enforcement supposed to contact them to begin with?
  11. Mister Mascot Win User

Hey there BassmanTony330,

The Enforcement teams don't use the forums and only speak through a Case Review, which wouldn't be applicable here in this situation. If your console was stolen, you would need to report it to law enforcement which it sounds like you have. They will take
    the information and speak with another team here at Microsoft/Xbox. We don't have insight into those teams here on the forums, nor would we be able to provide any sort of information on it.

Xbox Forums Staff

Insider Program Forums

HERE
    for the best info.
  12. Mister Mascot Win User

There really are no other options unfortunately. The only way to report them to the enforcement team would be to file a complaint on the other person via the console, but you'd need their gamertag. Which would defeat the purpose because then you'd probably
    know who took it. Law enforcement would not be in touch with the enforcement team.
    Then it is an extremely broken system, and they are basically 100% OK with someone receiving stolen property.
    The enforcement team only exists to enforce the Code of Conduct and Microsoft services agreement on Xbox Live. They do not handle physical theft such as in this case. The only route to take is by filing a claim with local law enforcement.

Xbox Forums Staff

Insider Program Forums

HERE
    for the best info.
  13. BassmanTony330 Win User

Then it is an extremely broken system, and they are basically 100% OK with someone receiving stolen property.
  14. Smwutches Win User

Thema:

1. XBox One stolen, Trying to contact Xbox Enforcement for a device ban - Similar Threads - stolen Trying contact

2. Lost or Stolen Xbox One

in XBoX on Windows
    Lost or Stolen Xbox One: We travelled as a family and packed up most of our stuff to be left in storage. On our return same as the Goldilocks and the Bears, things were missing or moved. My Son's Xbox was one of them and...
  3. Recover my microsoft account because it was stolen.

in XBoX on Windows
    Recover my microsoft account because it was stolen.: I got alot of Microsoft emails but I ignored them thinking it was just telling me about something that I subscribed on, but in fact it was telling me my account has been stolen and information...
  4. My console and 3 remotes was stolen 3 months back. is there a way to trace (online did not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My console and 3 remotes was stolen 3 months back. is there a way to trace (online did not...: My console and 3 remotes was stolen 3 months back. is there a way to trace (online did not work form the Microsoft trace my device) or completely block the console and remotes?...
  5. Account got hacked and stolen.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account got hacked and stolen.: Hi! My Ubisoft Account got hacked and stolen, I created a new one but I can't connect the new one to my Xbox Game Pass and ubisoft did not want to give a ... about it, I wrote them that it got...
  6. My Xbox series x was stolen

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox series x was stolen: What can I do to safe my account sign in there and how can I track it or lock the console ea394878-d909-4f27-8429-230f471fd5c8
  7. My account got stolen, how can I recover (PLEASE HELP ME ASAP!!!)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My account got stolen, how can I recover (PLEASE HELP ME ASAP!!!): My account was stolen when I joined a fake hypixel discord server, I read a similar article on another person (Kenzie Law) that went through what I went. However, I do know the hackers email and...
  8. My xbox live account was stolen and banned

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox live account was stolen and banned: I tried to challenge the permanent ban, cuz i want to play, i want to purchase any content in destiny 2. But i cant because my appellation was rejected. I cant link a new account to Bungie.net,...
  9. Stolen account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stolen account: My main Microsoft account was stolen, I don't know how, and the email was changed. I sent 2 emails to Microsoft but got no response. Please help me. 082b4239-5807-4fc3-9d2a-aacca2b21ce2
  10. My GTA 5 disc stolen so trying to figure out how I can access my GTA online account that...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My GTA 5 disc stolen so trying to figure out how I can access my GTA online account that...: My GTA 5 disc stolen so trying to figure out how I can access my GTA online account that includes all of my game purchases and current money? 6d9cc76f-8708-4bcc-b72a-ed847c16deea