Xbox one still not able to play dvds of any sort?

Discus and support Xbox one still not able to play dvds of any sort? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Different people have spoken about this off an on but threads have been closed so no one else can ask questions. I would like to know if any new... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SUZZA2014, Nov 24, 2022.

1. SUZZA2014
    SUZZA2014 Guest

Different people have spoken about this off an on but threads have been closed so no one else can ask questions. I would like to know if any new information has come to light about the issue with Xbox one's that stopped being able to play bluetooth movies, then stopped being able to play DVD's at all.

:)

SUZZA2014, Nov 24, 2022
  2. FDBMath Win User

Lord of the Rings Extended DVDs don't play

Um, the XBox One is supposed to be able to play regular DVD's as well. Anyways, I am having the exact same problem with the same extended LOTR DVD's. Other DVD's and Blu-Rays play fine. Any idea why this would be the case with these movies?
  3. Naxo021207 Win User

xbox 360 slim

I regret to inform you that Xbox 360 S console cannot play HD DVDs. You still need to have an HD DVD player for you to be able to play HD DVDs. However, Microsoft Xbox does not sell Xbox 360 HD DVD player anymore.
  4. smileskybird Win User

DVD playback quality is still atrocious.

I still think Xbox 1 is a better DVD player than my Xbox 360 slim 250gb console. When I play any DVD on my 360, even if it has one tiny finger print smudge on the disc, the Dashboard will bring up a notification bubble "attempting to read media". On Xbox
    1, it can have several finger smudges on the disc and the Xbox 1's disc drive will still be able to play and read it. I must be one of the lucky ones with a good disc drive and have had Xbox 1 since Day 1 (Day 1 edition) ;D
  5. DavidBWeed Win User

HD-DVD not working now...

My HD DVD player no longer plays HD DVDs after the latest update. It still plays DVDs. With HD DVDs it starts to load the movie, then crashes back to the XBOX home screen. Anyone have any useful tips?
  6. Mister Quimby Win User

Backwards compatibility game disks won't load

Thanks for clarifying that you are able to play Xbox One discs. One other question, are you able to play DVD's on your console? Thanks again!
Thema:

1. Xbox one still not able to play dvds of any sort? - Similar Threads - still able play

2. How do you turn off Crossplay, and still be able to play?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you turn off Crossplay, and still be able to play?: I bought my xbox to play a single game, Warzone, I honestly don't use it for anything else. It is not only unfair playing warzone cross platform against PC players who are using keyboards and...
  3. I changed my privacy setting to allow me to play multiplayer but still not being able to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my privacy setting to allow me to play multiplayer but still not being able to...: Hi, I'm having issues with playing Multiplayer in a game called dragon ball xenoverse 2. I have allowed my Account to play multiplayer mode however it says that I cannot do multiplayer cause of my...
  4. When My Xbox game pass ends... will i be still able to play premium minecraft servers on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When My Xbox game pass ends... will i be still able to play premium minecraft servers on...: i currently have a xbox game pass... which has like 2 months and 25 days remaining.. and it has minecraft and i play minecraft a lot but my question is will i still be able to play on premium...
  5. I changed my privacy setting to allow me to play multiplayer but still not being able to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my privacy setting to allow me to play multiplayer but still not being able to...: Hi, I'm having issues with playing Multiplayer in a game called dragon ball xenoverse 2. I have allowed my Account to play multiplayer mode however it says that I cannot do multiplayer cause of my...
  6. Purchased EA Play, and still wasn't able to play online?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Purchased EA Play, and still wasn't able to play online?: Recently repurchased XBox Gamepass for 6 months in order to carry on my Online Fifa career and all other games with Game Pass. Only to realise my error that you need to purchase EA Play/Access...
  7. I'm still not able yo start a party and play f2p games what should i do??

in XboX Insiders
    I'm still not able yo start a party and play f2p games what should i do??: I not able to start a start a party or play f2p game what should i do?? submitted by /u/AdministrativeIce397 [link] [comments]
  8. Will Xbox One's still be able to play online after being deemed "Obsolete"?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will Xbox One's still be able to play online after being deemed "Obsolete"?: I was wondering if Xbox One consoles will still be able to have the ability to play online after deemed obsolete. Currently saving up for a One X and not planning to spend more than a One X to get...
  9. PS4 unlink account, Am I still able to play with my fronds that are on XBOX after i unlink...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PS4 unlink account, Am I still able to play with my fronds that are on XBOX after i unlink...: Hello, I need to UNLINK my old account from my Minecraft on ps4 due to the privacy settings saying they need to be changed however they are fine and still wont work I am wanting to unlink it...
  10. Will I be able to play a game on Xbox Series X with my friends if they are still on an Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will I be able to play a game on Xbox Series X with my friends if they are still on an Xbox...: I am planning on getting an Xbox Series X on release, but I’m not sure if some of my friends will. Will I still be able to queue with them in games like Sea of Thieves and other squad based games...