XBox One Stereo Headset Adapter stuck on mute

Discus and support XBox One Stereo Headset Adapter stuck on mute in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Really fed up of this - i know a few people have similar issues. I have the official XBox One Stereo Headset Adapter and official headphones. Worked... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by mert1444, Jun 23, 2020.

1. mert1444
    mert1444 Guest

Really fed up of this - i know a few people have similar issues.

I have the official XBox One Stereo Headset Adapter and official headphones. Worked fine for about a year. Then suddenly i turn the console on, and the adapter itself is stuck on mute. I have tried turning off and on again, doing a power cycle, and a soft
    reset.

i’ve tried leaving it for 30 minutes then powering up again.

i have also tried to update the controller, which makes no different if you do it wirelessly. If i plug the controller in with the USB cable (ie with no batteries in the controller) and try to update, it comes up with an error saying that battery levels
    are critical and wont let me update.

nothing works. Microsoft - a lot of us have this issue - can you please help?

:)

mert1444, Jun 23, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. catigerman72 Win User

Xbox One stereo headset microphone needs calibration?

Ok, 1st question. Have you updated your controllers firmware with the headset plugged in?

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/update-controller-for-stereo-headset-adapter

Another question, have you toggled the mute button to make sure you don't have yourself muted?

Here are the guides for the headset adapter and stereo headsets, to give you some other ideas.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/stereo-headset-adapter

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/stereo-headset-set-up-troubleshoot
  3. Flymonkey102 Win User

Xbox One Controller Adapter

You can't with the Stereo Headset Adapter since the chat settings are on the adapter instead of the Xbox. Is the mute icon permanently lit up or are you seeing a mute icon on the Xbox?
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Muted xbox headset

Hi Clare,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your issue. Unfortunately, that symbol means the controller is not detecting the headset. It is not a mute icon. Try updating the controller with the headset plugged in. You can also try a

stereo headset adapter

Thanks,

Brad
  5. Norrissa Win User

Xbox stereo headset mic suddenly stopped working mid conversation

Stereo Headset Adapter issues and questions

If you have a question or problem using the Stereo Headset Adapter, see the following topics.

Stereo Headset Adapter isn’t working

If your Stereo Headset Adapter isn’t functioning well, check the following:

Have you updated your controller’s software to support the Stereo Headset Adapter?

Make sure your controller has fresh batteries. When the batteries get weak, some controller functions like audio and rumble get turned off to conserve the remaining power.

Make sure your headset adapter is firmly plugged into your controller and that your stereo headset’s 3.5-mm cable is securely plugged into the headset adapter. You will know it’s plugged in properly if you press the mute button and the LED lights up.
    If the mute light comes on and you have updated your controller but your headset isn’t working, consult the manual or manufacturer.

Try your Stereo Headset Adapter on another controller if you can. If the adapter works on the second controller, try updating the first controller again. If that fails, the controller will need to be replaced. To order a replacement, go to the Xbox Online
    Service Center.

These steps were found at
    support.xbox.com/.../stereo-headset-adapter
  6. FearedNightmare Win User

Need help with lagging/hacking sound on my headset

Hello, I got this from the stereo headset support page
    http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/stereo-headset-set-up-troubleshoot#97a11841b62c4433bb7f4d44ac146d0a

I also hear audio through my TV

The Stereo Headset Adapter doesn’t know if you’re using your headset just for chat or for all audio, so TV audio is not automatically muted when you’re using the adapter. You must manually adjust your TV audio volume
    Also have you updated your controller and the headset adapter ?
    http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/update-controller-for-stereo-headset-adapter
Thema:

1. XBox One Stereo Headset Adapter stuck on mute - Similar Threads - Stereo Headset Adapter

2. Why does the xbox stereo headset stop working so fast and easily?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the xbox stereo headset stop working so fast and easily?: I bought the starfeild version of the xbox stereo headset and the left earpeice which is used to control the chat mixer simply just doesnt work and i cant even change it through the audio settings...
  3. Is the Xbox Stereo Headset latex-free?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is the Xbox Stereo Headset latex-free?: I have someone in my home looking for a headset who also happens to be very allergic to latex. Does the official Xbox Stereo Headset contain latex? c5a10a76-df97-40ac-80dc-a1361efea164
  4. xbox stereo headset echo

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox stereo headset echo: i just bought the xbox stereo headset the wired one and my friend says that he can hear himself because of the echo my TV was muted and I really don't want to refund the headset because its...
  5. My Xbox Stereo Headset(for Series X/S)'s mic is not working, but the audio work perfectly fine

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Stereo Headset(for Series X/S)'s mic is not working, but the audio work perfectly fine: I have an Xbox Stereo Headset and I got it a year ago. It is the wired version, not the wireless one. Starting a few weeks ago the mic would not work on multiple occasions, but I could hear...
  6. How to record audio with Xbox Stereo Headset microphone with Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to record audio with Xbox Stereo Headset microphone with Windows 10: I am unable to record audio with the Audacity program with my new "XBOX Stereo Headset" while using Windows 10. I have plugged the 3.5mm jack into the back of my motherboard. I can hear audio...
  7. Where can I find a replacement donsel for my PDP Gaming LVL50 Wireless Stereo Xbox Headset...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where can I find a replacement donsel for my PDP Gaming LVL50 Wireless Stereo Xbox Headset...: I lost my donsel for my PDP Gaming LVL50 Xbox Wireless Stereo Headset with Noise Cancelling Microphone, I already contacted pdp support and haven’t gotten an answer, just wondering where I can...
  8. Bluetooth stereo on PC with my new Xbox Wireless Headset

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bluetooth stereo on PC with my new Xbox Wireless Headset: Hello, I tried to use my new Xbox Wireless Headset, already appaired to my series X, on my computer (using bluetooth). Most of the time everything work fine. The two devices are connected...
  9. I'm trying to get an Official Xbox 360 headset to work on my Xbox One. The Stereo Adapter...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm trying to get an Official Xbox 360 headset to work on my Xbox One. The Stereo Adapter...: I'm trying to get an Official Xbox 360 headset to work on my Xbox One. The Stereo Adapter is very expensive, so I don't want to buy it, so I'm interested in a 2.5mm to 3.5mm converter cable. I...
  10. I'm trying to get an Official Xbox 360 headset to work on my Xbox One. The Stereo Adapter...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm trying to get an Official Xbox 360 headset to work on my Xbox One. The Stereo Adapter...: I'm trying to get an Official Xbox 360 headset to work on my Xbox One. The Stereo Adapter is very expensive, so I'm interested in a converter cable. I have a question though Would this work?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox one stuck on mute