Xbox one Startup issue after Fall 2017 Update

Discus and support Xbox one Startup issue after Fall 2017 Update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So after the Fall update my Xbox has not wanted to turn on by pressing the button on the Xbox or through a controller. What I can do to turn it on is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Torres0717, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Torres0717
    Torres0717 Guest

So after the Fall update my Xbox has not wanted to turn on by pressing the button on the Xbox or through a controller. What I can do to turn it on is hold the power button on the console for about 10 seconds. Then I can press the power button and it will
    turn on. So my console is not unusable.

:)

Torres0717, Oct 31, 2017
  2. Fall update 2017

I don't completely understand how it's considered "faster". They added new pages to get through to get to where you want to go. I have to tab to my friends then click on my friends to see my friends. It definitely requires extra steps. Also the party chat
    system is bugged. You can't navigate through it. I hope they make some changes soon

SuperSaiyan4GT, Oct 31, 2017
  3. GreenTheFae
    GreenTheFae Guest
    Fall update 2017

is there a way to rollback to the previous update for Xbox one. The new fall dashboard and stuff may be faster but I don't like it. It feels too zoomed in to make things overly big yet they made some features super small. Switching vertically wasn't a problem
    either. It's not am extra step to things but it feels to much with this update

GreenTheFae, Oct 31, 2017
  4. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest

Hey there Torres0717.

To start out, do you have any USB devices plugged into your Xbox One? If you do, let's have you start by unplugging those to see if there was any change. If you don't have any USB devices plugged in, clarify if you have your console set to Instant On or Power
    Save.

Mister Maka, Nov 1, 2017
  5. Mister Maka Win User

Hey there Torres0717.

To start out, do you have any USB devices plugged into your Xbox One? If you do, let's have you start by unplugging those to see if there was any change. If you don't have any USB devices plugged in, clarify if you have your console set to Instant On or Power
    Save.
  6. CaptCanary Win User

Xbox One Startup issues after September update

I spoke to one of the Customer Service people and they have said that they are aware of this as they've had other reports, and that the Developers are looking at it, so I shouldn't worry about sending it back. I imagine it's probably happening to most people
    but they just aren't noticing.
  7. MrRidickulous Win User

Maybe this isn't due to the September update. Turned on console this morning, it wants to do a 259mb update, however due to my issue, the system can't restart after and its stuck in a loop.
  8. MrRidickulous Win User

System cycle does nothing to improve the issue.
  9. ArtoisArab Win User

After doing the update my console is acting weird upon startup too. Now when I flick the power on at the wall my xbox emits a whine and sounds like it's starting up. But it just continues to whine and nothing else happens.

Upon pressing the button on my pad nothing much happens either. However the console very briefly reboots eventually (power brick flicks to orange then white) and then continues to the home screen. Tried a system cycle a few times but it hadn't had any effect.
    Unit is set to energy saving mode.
Thema:

1. Xbox one Startup issue after Fall 2017 Update - Similar Threads - Startup issue Fall

2. Xbox Series S connection issue on startup

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S connection issue on startup: On My xbox Series S I have had an issue with connecting to network systems wirelessly. When I looked for my wifi it wouldn't pop up I tried searching through specifying my SSID but still didn't...
  3. XBOX Startup Error

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Startup Error: This has currently been happening since January. I gave up trying to fix it for a few weeks, and since yesterday I have tried everything I possibly can to get my Xbox back up and running again....
  4. Xbox app on PC is not opening anymore. Is stuck on startup screen before crashing...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app on PC is not opening anymore. Is stuck on startup screen before crashing...: I've tried scanning and repairing the xbox app, deleting and attempting to reinstall everything. I am stuck on the same issue. Any suggestions? 5f814e40-c1c6-4216-8b3a-47848fba451d
  5. My startup type is disabled completely on the Xbox computer app? How do I fix this?

in XBoX on Windows
    My startup type is disabled completely on the Xbox computer app? How do I fix this?: So I’m having this issue where it won’t start up and it says it’s updating but at 0% and I have waited about 20 minutes for it to not budge. And so I checked services to see what was wrong and my...
  6. My Xbox is stuck on the startup screen and yes I have tried holding the power button and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox is stuck on the startup screen and yes I have tried holding the power button and...: My Xbox is stuck on the startup screen I have tried holding the power button for ten seconds then unplugging the power cable please help. 332b2acb-c264-49b8-8d13-488d283a12f0
  7. Xbox 360 Startup Game LIVE Error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Startup Game LIVE Error: So my Xbox 360 is connected to the internet with an Ethernet cable. It has no issues signing into my profile and connecting to Xbox LIVE on the dashboard. About two days ago, when I start an Xbox...
  8. How do I recover my lost save files from Baldur’s gate 3 and get the game to startup?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I recover my lost save files from Baldur’s gate 3 and get the game to startup?: I just got this game on Xbox and it has not been functioning correctly. I had about two hours of play time and multiple successful manual save files. However, after returning to play and loading...
  9. forza motorsport crashing at startup.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    forza motorsport crashing at startup.: whenever i launch forza motorsport, there is a screen of text. After that screen of text, the game crashes and just disappears. I have done all the guides everything. I have not overclocked...
  10. How do I recover my lost save files from Baldur’s gate 3 and get the game to startup?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I recover my lost save files from Baldur’s gate 3 and get the game to startup?: I just got this game on Xbox and it has not been functioning correctly. I had about two hours of play time and multiple successful manual save files. However, after returning to play and loading...