Xbox One Starts, displays the logo, then black screen

Discus and support Xbox One Starts, displays the logo, then black screen in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Greeting, When I turn on my Xbox One, it displays the Xbox logo, then the screen goes blank. If I hold down the Xbox button on the controller, it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FatTommy, Nov 6, 2021.

1. FatTommy
    FatTommy Guest

Greeting,

When I turn on my Xbox One, it displays the Xbox logo, then the screen goes blank. If I hold down the Xbox button on the controller, it displays the power options.

I've tried it on another TV with a different HDMI cable and held down the power and eject buttons to reset the screen resolution. Neither made a difference. I've also just waited to see if it'll eventually 'wake up' but nope. Hours later, still blank.

What should I check?

Thanks all.

:)

FatTommy, Nov 6, 2021
  2. MaximumExtreme Win User

Xbox one powering on to a black screen after logo screen.

During normal start up it will go to the green xbox screen with loading dots on the bottom then it will display a black screen. If the black screen is what your talking about give it a minute for the xbox logo to pop up. The console is loading the dashboard
    when you see that screen.
  3. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Hello @FatTommy! I hope you're doing great today!

Here are some solutions for the black screen issues. Please give it a try and let us know how it goes!

Solution 1: Factory Reset:

You can reset your console using the Xbox Start-up Trouble-shooter. To bring up the Xbox Start-up Trouble-shooter, follow these steps:

1. Power off your console, and then unplug the mains lead to ensure that the console is completely powered off.
    2. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the mains lead back in.
    3. Press and hold the Pair button and the Eject button on the console, and then press the Xbox button on the console.
    4. Continue holding the Pair and Eject buttons for 10-15 seconds.
    5. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the Pair and Eject buttons after the second power-up tone.
    6. The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Start-up Trouble-shooter.
    To reset your console from the Xbox Start-up Trouble-shooter, use the D-pad and A button on your controller to select Reset this Xbox. When prompted, select Keep games and apps. This option will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps.

Solution 2: Offline System Update:

If the issue persist, I would suggest preforming an Offline System Update. You can update your console using the Xbox Start-up Trouble-shooter using the previous steps. Then :

1. Plug the USB flash drive with the Offline System Update files into a USB port on your Xbox console. When the flash drive is inserted, the Offline system update option on the Xbox Start-up Trouble-shooter becomes active. Use the D-pad and A button on your controller to select Offline system update to initiate the update using the files saved on your flash drive.
    When the update is complete, the console will restart and you should be returned to the Home screen. If this happens, your console is now up to date! You can remove the USB drive from your console.

If the update is not successful, go to the following section: What to do if the offline system update is not successful.

However, If the issue persist, it could be a hardware/internal issue which means that your console needs to be serviced. You can request a repair order for it here.

Make sure to keep us updated!

I hope this helps you out!
  4. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey Tommy, how are you today? Hope you're well.

Mate, you will have to turn your console on the troubleshooting menu and then restore it.

To do so:

So, let's try this:

If your console is a digital version, try this way:

1. Turn off your Xbox completely by holding the power button for 10 seconds.

2. Press and hold the Sync button.

3. Press the power button, and keep holding the Sync button.

4. Keep holding the Sync button, until the troubleshooting menu appears.

5. Select the option "restore this xbox" and choose keep my games and apps.

If your console is not a digital version (Has the disc reader)

1. Turn off your Xbox completely by holding the power button for 10 seconds.

2. Press and hold the Sync and Eject buttons.

3. Press the power button, and keep holding the Sync and Eject buttons together.

4. Keep holding the Sync and Eject buttons, until the troubleshooting menu appears.

5. Select the option "restore this xbox" and choose keep my games and apps.
  5. MateusFontana Win User

Xbox not working after update

Can you turn on your console, is it displaying any menu or black screen after the xbox logo is displayed?
  6. DatedJellyfish4 Win User

Xbox Start-up Issue

Sme here, displays xbox logo but then black screen. Never boots completely. HALP!!!
Thema:

1. Xbox One Starts, displays the logo, then black screen - Similar Threads - Starts displays logo

2. games suddenly started lagging and youtube scroll is very laggy just like the display is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    games suddenly started lagging and youtube scroll is very laggy just like the display is...: So, i bought this Lenovo S145 3 years ago and it was running really well, i installed an 8gb ram and an ssd on this laptop, everything was buttery smooth until one day the laptop suddenly started...
  3. A game displaying Error code: (0xc06d007e). Not starting.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    A game displaying Error code: (0xc06d007e). Not starting.: A game on the xbox app for pc is displaying 'Error code: (0xc06d007e)' and saying 'game crashed' as soon as I try to start it. I have recently had to re-install/update it, which the game forced me...
  4. Xbox One start correctly, but black screen when it has to display the home page

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One start correctly, but black screen when it has to display the home page: Hello as said in the subject, Xbox One starts correctly (the xbox logo is displaying on the screen, and the username too at the end of the start), but I got a black screen when it come to display...
  5. Black Display After Start Up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black Display After Start Up: My Xbox One only displays a black screen after it starts up. I tried a hard reset. Changing the hdmi port, and restarting the video quality yet it still wont display the menu after starting up...
  6. The Xbox Game Pass Beta app doesn't display correctly when you start streaming.

in XboX Insiders
    The Xbox Game Pass Beta app doesn't display correctly when you start streaming.: It goes out of square and doesn't fit with the screen from my cell phone. The app works well until I run the streaming, then it falls out of the screen size of my mobile making it impossible to...
  7. Grey screen on start up and display. (apologies in advance ive searched and searched for an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Grey screen on start up and display. (apologies in advance ive searched and searched for an...: Morning, I understand this topic has been covered hundreds of times yet i am unable to find a solution, so i apologise in advance of ot is out there somewhere. The problem.. I unplugged my...
  8. Xbox One will not display on start.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One will not display on start.: I turn on the Xbox and the system makes the usual sound, the power brick is a constant white, but no display after trying multiple HDMIs and displays that work with everything else....
  9. Xbox1 Start up Display problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox1 Start up Display problem: http://vid870.photobucket.com/albums/ab262/teulk/VIDEO0024_1.mp4 I know its a poor video but any suggestions as to the horizontal flickering lines on the home screen at start up ?...
  10. Display issues with start up, avatars, and games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Display issues with start up, avatars, and games: I am having problems with my Xbox 360 4 GB I just bought in December 2014. Just this week, the start up screen and avatars are not displaying correctly. The best way to describe it is the images...