Xbox One start correctly, but black screen when it has to display the home page

Discus and support Xbox One start correctly, but black screen when it has to display the home page in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello as said in the subject, Xbox One starts correctly (the xbox logo is displaying on the screen, and the username too at the end of the start), but... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by br1o, Nov 6, 2021.

1. br1o
    br1o Guest

Hello as said in the subject, Xbox One starts correctly (the xbox logo is displaying on the screen, and the username too at the end of the start), but I got a black screen when it come to display the home page. Note that the options of the controller are ok to shut down the controller only or the xbox.

Edit : I got the same issue as seen in this Youtube video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUJljSYgLMU

Thanks !

:)

br1o, Nov 6, 2021
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

- Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.

- Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.

- Press and hold the Pair button (located on the left side of the console) and the Eject button (located on the front of the console), and then press the Xbox button on the console.

- Continue holding the Pair and Eject buttons for 10-15 seconds.

- Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the Pair and Eject buttons after the second power-up tone.

- The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.

If your console doesn't have an Eject button, you can bring up the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter on this console by holding only the Pair button (steps 3 & 4) and then pressing the Xbox button. Continue holding the Pair and Eject buttons for 10-15 seconds.

- Once you see the Startup Troubleshooter, select Factory Reset and then choose "Keep Games and Apps"

- Once the Reset is complete, you'll be prompted to sign into your console using your Microsoft account credentials, after which you'll choose your preferred settings and your console should display normally again.

NB: A factory reset keeping games and apps will not delete your game saves as they are backed up in the cloud and will resync once you've signed in.

Hope this helps.

Jesse.
  3. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Hello @br1o! I hope you're doing great today!

Here's a solution for the black screen issues. Please give it a try and let us know how it goes!

You can reset your console using the Xbox Start-up Trouble-shooter. To bring up the Xbox Start-up Trouble-shooter, follow these steps:

1. Power off your console, and then unplug the mains lead to ensure that the console is completely powered off.
    2. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the mains lead back in.
    3. Press and hold the Pair button and the Eject button on the console, and then press the Xbox button on the console.
    4. Continue holding the Pair and Eject buttons for 10-15 seconds.
    5. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the Pair and Eject buttons after the second power-up tone.
    6. The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Start-up Trouble-shooter.
    To reset your console from the Xbox Start-up Trouble-shooter, use the D-pad and A button on your controller to select Reset this Xbox. When prompted, select Keep games and apps. This option will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps.

If the issue persist, I would suggest preforming an Offline System Update. You can update your console using the Xbox Start-up Trouble-shooter using the previous steps. Then :

1. Plug the USB flash drive with the Offline System Update files into a USB port on your Xbox console. When the flash drive is inserted, the Offline system update option on the Xbox Start-up Trouble-shooter becomes active. Use the D-pad and A button on your controller to select Offline system update to initiate the update using the files saved on your flash drive.
    When the update is complete, the console will restart and you should be returned to the Home screen. If this happens, your console is now up to date! You can remove the USB drive from your console.

If the update is not successful, go to the following section: What to do if the offline system update is not successful.

However, If the issue persist, it could be a hardware/internal issue which means that your console needs to be serviced. You can request a repair order for it here.

Make sure to keep us updated!

I hope this helps you out!
  4. aa551b03-1d1b-4b20-8 Win User

Xbox one x going bad

Problem is displaying. Home works fine, but when you want start game display is bugging and black screens are there. I try stream it to my notebook and stream works fine.

I thing problem is in Xbox because notebook on monitor is fine and home is working good in xbox, screen is bad only if i start game. I trying two HDMI cables.

Some videos:

https://youtu.be/VBfOof-vOD8

https://youtu.be/dYwpHfgXcD4
  5. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

Black screen on my first boot

Do you see anything at all when you press the white Home button on the controller? Sometimes when I start my Xbox One up, I get a black screen and I have to press the white Home button which will open the side bar menu. Then I press Home and it brings
    up the home screen. It's very strange but I get this black screen sometimes too.
  6. MaximumExtreme Win User

Xbox one powering on to a black screen after logo screen.

During normal start up it will go to the green xbox screen with loading dots on the bottom then it will display a black screen. If the black screen is what your talking about give it a minute for the xbox logo to pop up. The console is loading the dashboard
    when you see that screen.
Thema:

1. Xbox One start correctly, but black screen when it has to display the home page - Similar Threads - start correctly black

2. Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into...: Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into connection mode and just blinks it’s under responsive I am really scared and I don’t know what to do please...
  3. My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...: My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it has no issue playing games for hours at a time the system has been cleaned and I've signed in and out of...
  4. Should I start a new repair order or not?- Xbox Series X Repair

in XBoX on Windows
    Should I start a new repair order or not?- Xbox Series X Repair: I created a repair order for my Xbox last month when the disc drive stopped working, it is due to be shipped to the repair centre, but for a long time now it has been stuck at the UPS access point...
  5. Elite 2 when playing get stuck in one direction or start twirling about

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 when playing get stuck in one direction or start twirling about: Hello! My Xbox Elite 2 controller started going bananas recently. It is connected via Bluetooth When playing a game, and moving about, it will stick in one direction, even though I release the...
  6. i keep getting error code 0x8000FFFF when i try to start a party on the XSS

in XBoX on Consoles
    i keep getting error code 0x8000FFFF when i try to start a party on the XSS: i’ve done everything i can think of and even went as far as taking my xbox apart, cleaning it, AND reapplying thermal paste. factory reset unplug for 8 hours( i full power down and unplug it...
  7. My XBox app on Windows 10 isn't starting up

in XBoX on Windows
    My XBox app on Windows 10 isn't starting up: It was fine before this, but now when I start up the app it stays on the loading screen before closing after a few minutes. I tried the "Repair" option in Settings but all it did was remove the...
  8. Unable to start Xbox app on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to start Xbox app on PC: Greetings! Since roughly 2 weeks ago I am unable to start the Xbox PC app and thus unable to access any games through my gamepass. The problem shown is the following: Upon starting up the Xbox...
  9. Forza Horizon 2 code correct but doesn't start download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 2 code correct but doesn't start download: I just bought my Xbox One today and included was a download code for Forza Horizon 2. I entered the code, it got accepted and on the next screen, it says there is a problem and I should try it...
  10. IPv6 DHCP DUID Changes every re/start. Not correct.

in XBoX on Consoles
    IPv6 DHCP DUID Changes every re/start. Not correct.: The XboxOne's DUID for its IPv6 DHCPv6 Client is being regenerated every time the system starts or restarts. This is not correct, the DUID should be atleast semi permanent maybe regenerating...