Xbox one slow after multiple factory resets and clearing cache

Discus and support Xbox one slow after multiple factory resets and clearing cache in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an original Xbox one that is around 5 years old and about a few months ago my xbox became really slow after I downloaded NBA 2k22 and Its been... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BrAylonnn, Sep 12, 2022.

1. BrAylonnn
    BrAylonnn Guest

I have an original Xbox one that is around 5 years old and about a few months ago my xbox became really slow after I downloaded NBA 2k22 and Its been like this even after I deleted it and Cleared the cache, at first I tried a factory reset and It fixed the problem for like a week then I got error e102 after a power outage and I was able to fix it with osu1 and after it was really slow, even after multiple hard and soft resets and factory resets, It is still really slow and games wont load anything and my download speeds are really inconsistent even after clearing the mac address and persistent storage multiple times.

:)

BrAylonnn, Sep 12, 2022
  2. [ A J ] Win User

Hi, BrAylonnn! thank you for reaching out.

My name is AJ, I'm an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing some issues with your console.

Before troubleshooting, I'd appreciate it if you answer the following questions:

• Do you have any external storage units plugged into your console?

• May I ask exactly what happens when you try to launch a game or app?

• Are you able to access your console's settings menus?

Thank you! I'll be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards.
  3. Jackson Miller2 Win User

Why is my xbox 360 game open Blu-Ray Player app on xbox one

so do i soft factory reset after cache clears or put disc in after cache clears
  4. QUEENMISFITS Win User

Slowing down

Delete items that are no longer needed on the Xbox hard drive and clear cache. Doing this clears up space on the drive and speeds up your console.Cache on your Xbox One saves the data and accesses it when needed.
    While playing multiple games for long periods of time the cache can become bogged down and clogged from the large amount of data it saves and uses.When your Xbox runs too slow and games are not playable, you need to clear the cache on your Xbox. Clearing cache
    on your Xbox makes it run faster and smoother and will stop lag. Resetting or clearing cache in the Xbox improves speed and responsiveness. Unfortunately no menu exists to clear the cache out fully. Clearing the cache involves physically resetting the
    console.
  5. machinehead76 Win User

Large amount of DLC slowing down profile activities on NXOE

Tried it multiple times. I've tried everything. As soon as the DLC count goes up it becomes brutally slow. I did the factory settings twice as proof, both times it was the only solution to clear the "cache".
  6. WPAK Win User

Format the xbox

Hi there,

the cause can be a number of things, like storage space, but also other causes. If the storage for a console is almost full the console can become slower.

If this is happening on a Xbox One console then you could consider a Factory Reset to see if that helps or not.

If it's a Xbox 360, try clearing the console cache via Settings - System - Storage - Highlight a storage device and Press Y and select the clear cache option.

If the slowness has a different cause then a factory reset or cache clearance might not do anything.

Removing and redownloading the profile might help too, depending on the cause.

Let us know the results
Thema:

1. Xbox one slow after multiple factory resets and clearing cache - Similar Threads - slow multiple factory

2. Why is the xbox app so slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the xbox app so slow?: I usually get 50 Megabits per second on everything else. But the Xbox app at max gets 700 Kibibytes. That is 5 Megabits per second. At this rate, my 113 GiB game will get done in a week. How is a...
  3. After updating game "finishing things up" slow with memory card

in XBoX on Consoles
    After updating game "finishing things up" slow with memory card: So I've just downloaded a bunch of game updates on my internal hard drive. Everything went super quick, but when I had updates for games that were downloaded to my Series X memory card the...
  4. Xbox One S being slow and laggy.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One S being slow and laggy.: I have an Xbox One S (2 T), I bought it refurbished from GameStop about 2 years ago, although just 4 days ago any game I would play would be laggy and crash, and then ultimately the Xbox itself...
  5. When i join a Xbox party(on pc) the audio begins skipping, other process slow to a...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When i join a Xbox party(on pc) the audio begins skipping, other process slow to a...: this just started happening after i updated to windows 11, was working fine yesterday on windows 10. 6ba469ab-12dd-42cf-8932-124bd21ecd38
  6. Slow download

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow download: Why are downloading updates so slow when Internet connection is 400mb + 31026a73-8e97-4f3e-86ae-78c1849ce75c
  7. What can I do to fix slow/buggy system

in XBoX on Consoles
    What can I do to fix slow/buggy system: My xbox series s was having trouble with a game so I tried to reinstall it but it wouldn't install at all. I tried everything that was suggested but it just made everything worse. My xbox won't...
  8. Why is my xbox series s slow after factory reset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox series s slow after factory reset?: I recently did a factory reset on my xbox series s and after it was working perfectly fine but today when I turned on my xbox, the menu was slow. The game I loaded was fine and everything but when...
  9. my lenovo 4050 gaming laptop downloads pc xbox games slow, and i have 200 Mbps with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my lenovo 4050 gaming laptop downloads pc xbox games slow, and i have 200 Mbps with...: my lenovo 4050 gaming laptop downloads pc xbox games slow, and i have 200 Mbps with Ethernet, any way to speed up downloads? ef9629da-cc41-4ce3-b364-d34ae574bd3c
  10. Hard drive slows down Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hard drive slows down Xbox: When hard drive is plugged in the Xbox runs slow and no games will load. I’ve formatted the drive and changed the wire. still no change . What can I do? c033bd53-b75a-4a3c-b7cc-510dabaa3f47