Xbox one slim turning on at random times

Discus and support Xbox one slim turning on at random times in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It was 23:50 and I heard like a disc playing in my Xbox but it was off the next minute it switched itself on and I can’t turn it off on smartglass coz... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DeathGunner03, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Xbox one slim turning on at random times

It was 23:50 and I heard like a disc playing in my Xbox but it was off the next minute it switched itself on and I can’t turn it off on smartglass coz it’s saying the Xbox is off, it woke me up.

My Xbox is gears of war 4 Xbox one s limited edition

:)

DeathGunner03, Oct 11, 2017
  2. Strat022
    Strat022 Guest
    My xbox keeps turning on at random times

My xbox keeps turning on randomly. What could be causing this?

Strat022, Oct 11, 2017
  3. Deuce642
    Deuce642 Guest
    Xbox one Halo Edition turning itself on

Hey there,

I purchased my Xbox one Halo Edition new at the time and have had a faultless run until recently. It has started turning itself on at random times. I do not have Kinect so it can't be that issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Deuce642, Oct 11, 2017
  4. Achaiah-040A6997-E54 Win User

Xbox Slim will turn off at random...

My xbox 360 slim will do something similar. It seems to beep at random times, the beep sound is the same as the eject or on/off sound. Most of the time the xbox will stay on and have no problems however sometimes it will just turn off or the disk tray will
    open. I really want to know what is causing this! Haha. If the brick is not unplugged then the xbox will turn itself on and open the disk tray by itself, also randomly. The most worrying thing for me is that it makes the noise at random in and out of game
    play and seems to be harmless except for the few times its opened the disk drive.
  5. Miss Portia Win User

That sounds like either a dirty or faulty capacitive switch for the eject or power buttons. Try cleaning the buttons with a soft cloth; if that still does not remedy the issue, then you'll likely have to send it in for repair.
  6. WILK0-98D843A7-6EBD- Win User

I have been lead to believe that it is a self defence mechanism to prevent your 360 from overheating, i have not had this verified yet, if i find anything else out i will post back here...
  7. SiickeztProph3t Win User

Good to know that I'm not alone on this issue, my xbox skim has the exact same issue including the resolution reverting to 480p, I tried everything to no avail, Mine will turn on and off at random at any time of the day, sometimes the power button and eject
    button will not work at all. I hope this forum finds a solution to this problem ASAP.
  8. CTQuall Win User

Thank God, thought I would go crazy. This just started to happen to me yesterday. Mine doesn't turn back on though, except it did it once. It'll occasionally revert back to 480p, which I switch it back to 1080i. I did, however, notice it takes longer to
    shut off if I leave the disc tray open. Sometimes it won't even turn off if I'm doing something on it with the ray open. If there is any more info on how to fix this (other than giving it to Microsoft for a month), that would be great!
Thema:

Xbox one slim turning on at random times

1. Xbox one slim turning on at random times - Similar Threads - slim turning random

2. My xbox 360 slim has a green light when not plugged into tv, but turns red when plugged...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 slim has a green light when not plugged into tv, but turns red when plugged...: I recently changed the thermal paste on this console and the fan sounds so much better, its no longer at max speed constantly, but when I plug the HDMI cable into the tv it turns the console light...
  3. Xbox 360 Slim turns off by itself.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim turns off by itself.: I'm currently having trouble with my Xbox 360 Slim where it turns off by itself after a minute or two. The power brick shows its green when I have the Xbox turned on and the auto turn off feature...
  4. How can I fix my Xbox 360 slim that beeps but doesn’t turn out?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I fix my Xbox 360 slim that beeps but doesn’t turn out?: The power brick is orange. The usb ports pins seem to not be bent. I’ve deep cleaned both the Xbox and power supply making sure there isn’t a single speck of dust left. I’m still left with it...
  5. SOS MY XBOX 360 SLIM WILL NOT TURN ON

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    SOS MY XBOX 360 SLIM WILL NOT TURN ON: So, I've been trying to figure out what is wrong w/my Xbox, so I turned to you guys. My battery pack (on the main power cord) stays orange, and when I power it on it goes green for a sec, then...
  6. My Xbox 360 Slim wont turn on!

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 Slim wont turn on!: Hi I have a Xbox 360 Slim thats been not giving me a problem but unfortunately it stopped turning on, I Have a kinect sensor that has ripped wires so i tried to splice each one but when i...
  7. xbox 360 slim won´t turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 slim won´t turn on: since yesterday i got the problem that my xbox 360 slim won´t turn on. when i touch the power button it peeps and the middle led is turning green and fans start spinning, but only for half a...
  8. XBox 360 slim red light flashes but won't turn on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox 360 slim red light flashes but won't turn on?: Our XBox 360 S stopped working. When you try to turn it on, the power button flashes for a few seconds and it sounds like a fan is blowing, then it just shuts off. I made sure there is plenty of...
  9. 360 Slim overheats as soon as i turn it on 5 times until fan starts working (20 min process to ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 Slim overheats as soon as i turn it on 5 times until fan starts working (20 min process to ...: when i first turn it on it will stay on for 5 minutes then it will shut down saying that its overheating even though it is completely cool and well ventilated(also i dont think the fan is...
  10. Xbox 360 Slim 250GB has a red dot and won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim 250GB has a red dot and won't turn on: hi, So I accidentally spilled a drink on my xbox 360 slim. So at first the system fans shut off and the video stopped displaying. Then the power button turned red and stayed red. So I let the...