Xbox One - Skype app crashes at start up

Discus and support Xbox One - Skype app crashes at start up in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; At the beginning, I was able to enter my Skype information for login, but once it started to boot up/launch, it would immediately crash back to the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by l1nn4, Jan 8, 2014.

1. l1nn4
    l1nn4 Guest

At the beginning, I was able to enter my Skype information for login, but once it started to boot up/launch, it would immediately crash back to the Home screen. Every time I try to run the Skype app, it makes the login in noise as if I am successfully logged
    in, but the screen remains on the blue "Skype" page and then once it finishes making the login whirl-noise, it crashes back to home.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks!

-Linna

:)

l1nn4, Jan 8, 2014
  2. Skype Crashing 9/21/15

When i load Skype on the Xbox one it Crashes i love skype its my Fav App Please fix it

Shes Obsessed, Jan 8, 2014
  3. Skype Crashing on Xbox One - Dec 26, 2015

The Skype App for Xbox one crashes when signing in to Skype.

The recent Skype app updated seemed to fail. Now when launching the Skype App, it will immediately close after launching.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app and restarted the Xbox. After being reinstalled the app will launch and go through the setup. At the point where I sign in to my skype account, the app closes. Then the previous issue persists and Skype will launch
    and then immediately close. It seems to occur at the point where the Skype app signs into my Skype account. The Skype account functions on all other devices.

I am currently a member of the preview program, OS version is 10.0.10586.1024

Anyone have a fix?

NonHostileAgent, Jan 8, 2014
  4. Claudius.H Win User

Skype Crashing on Xbox One - Dec 26, 2015

There's an update on the Skype Community about the work from the Skype and Xbox One developers towards a fix for the Skype app problems:

community.skype.com/.../4267100
  5. fransSpikanor Win User

skype app keeps crashing

skype app keeps still crashing on my xbox one.

and the last update i got was on 7-01-2016
  6. cross12095 Win User

Skype keeps crashing on Xbox One

So I was hoping that the February Xbox One update would fix Skype but it still crashes on sign in no matter what.

I guess I'll just keep a lookout on this post - .community.skype.com/.../4267100
  7. soccerp1ay3r Win User

3 way video skype

SentientSam,

Yes it is possible to have up to 3 participants on a video call on skype for Xbox One. Here is a link to the support page with the step-by-step to start the video call for 3 people:

support.xbox.com/.../skype-group-video-call

Hopefully this will help you out.
  8. Claudius.H Win User

Skype/Games/Other Apps Refuse to open or crash shortly after

Did you try starting the Skype app in snapped mode as described in
    support.xbox.com/.../multitask-with-snap
    ?

Members of the Skype Community reported that using this workaround they were able to start Skype and also later on switch to full screen mode and the app continued to work.
Thema:

1. Xbox One - Skype app crashes at start up - Similar Threads - Skype app crashes

2. Using Skype on Xbox One via the Microsoft Edge App, but the settings in Skype have no...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Using Skype on Xbox One via the Microsoft Edge App, but the settings in Skype have no...: As per questions, using Skype via Microsoft Edge on Xbox One. When on a call I cannot Zoom my webcam in and I sit a little bit away from camera, with no option to move closer. Looking at other...
  3. Xbox One Skype App Kinect and Headset mics

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Skype App Kinect and Headset mics: Kinect mic works and headset mic works. But when I use Skype with Kinect the other person cannot hear me. I have also tried using headset and same as with Kinect I can hear the person I've called...
  4. Skype app will not launch.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skype app will not launch.: Since receiving a message from microsoft to update the skype app on my xbox one to the latest version on the microsoft store which i did the skype app will no longer launch it keeps on coming up...
  5. Skype app opens instead of Microsoft store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skype app opens instead of Microsoft store: Anytime I try and open the microsoft store on my xbox one, the unavailable skype app opens instead. What is going on here? 6c581147-f3b9-4e4e-b5d7-337c61e9a2fe
  6. Skype App Issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skype App Issue: Skype Keeps cutting out voice chat when I switch to a game it never did this before is this a glitch or issue happens all the time, since we use skype to talk over various platforms of gaming we...
  7. Xbox One Skype App Not Picking Up My Voice

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Skype App Not Picking Up My Voice: I want to start this off by saying that I didn't have this problem till I had to download the new Skype app a few months back. My problem is that whenever I am in a call my friends can't hear me,...
  8. Xbox One Skype App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Skype App: It is awful and needs fixed. It is the very definition of lag. Absolutely every time I use it, I have to restart it at least 7 times before it shows any signs of working, even then it's bad....
  9. xboxone skype app -

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xboxone skype app -: anyone elses video function keep dropping mid call? growing increasingly frustrating as i know both my kinect and skype app are calibrated and upto date grr add to that cant get hold of any...
  10. Windows phone version of this app does not display correctly when in a skype call

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows phone version of this app does not display correctly when in a skype call: When you are in a skype call, skype has a permanent banner at the top of the screen showing that you are in a call. All apps adjust for this by dropping down below the skype banner so you can...