Xbox One shuts off - no light on power brick

Discus and support Xbox One shuts off - no light on power brick in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I plug the console into the wall socket. Console starts up. Everything works fine. Then after about a minute it shuts completely off. There is no... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Zlayac, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Zlayac
    Zlayac Guest

I plug the console into the wall socket. Console starts up. Everything works fine. Then after about a minute it shuts completely off. There is no warning on the tv or any other message. After it shut down, there is no light on the power brick. When I unplug
    the cable, the light is again there and I can turn the console on. But yet again, it will shut off after few minutes sometimes seconds.

I'm wondering, is the power brick faulty or the console itself? I've tried several sockets in the apartment, same issue.

Help would be appreciated.

:)

Zlayac, Nov 30, 2018
  2. WaxierBoot19
    WaxierBoot19 Guest
    Power issue

The power brick made a loud popping noise and then shut off. The power brick is yellow when it is plugged into the wall but if I plug it into the xbox there is no light on the power brick at all

WaxierBoot19, Nov 30, 2018
  3. Xbox One Wont Power On

Same here the Xbox one isnt booting up for me the power brick is amber then I press the on button the brick light turns white then the whole lot shuts off

H0b0W1taShotgun, Nov 30, 2018
  4. Sanana94
    Sanana94 Guest

Hi there, It's probably bad news, I had a similar issue and unfortunately turned out that the console was broken.

Before jumping to a conclusion try 2 things.

1) Make sure the console is plugged directly to a power source (Don't use extenders or similar)

2) If that does not work, try unplugging the power brick from any power source and wait some minutes. I don't think it will do much of a difference but it is worth a try.

If is still not working, please check with the
    xbox support
    if you have any other options available or if you are elegible for a free repair.

Sanana94, Nov 30, 2018
  5. XBF Brad A
    XBF Brad A Guest
    Hello Zlayac,

Sorry for the issue with the console turning off. If you have an Xbox one with the Power brick outside, you can try a friends or family power supply and see if it does the same thing. If it does then it is probably the console, if it doesn't then most likely
    the power supply. This is worth a try being power supply is up to $50 USD and a repair is $140-160USD. You can try the

Xbox one power supply solution

Thanks,

Brad

XBF Brad A, Nov 30, 2018
  6. Zlayac
    Zlayac Guest
    thank you. I'll try it with a different power supply and let you know.

Zlayac, Nov 30, 2018
  7. Zlayac
    Zlayac Guest
    I've tried it out with an other power brick and it actually worked. The first one was broken.

Solution: replace the power brick.

Zlayac, Dec 4, 2018
  8. XBF Leslie D
    XBF Leslie D Guest

Hi Zlayac,

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed by replacing the power supply. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox
    Forums for further assistance. For those reading this thread, if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create a new thread asking for assistance. When the new thread is created please copy and paste the URL
    to this thread showing that the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't fix the issue.

Thank you and have a great day!

XBF Leslie D, Nov 6, 2018
  9. H0b0W1taShotgun Win User

Xbox One Wont Power On

Same here the Xbox one isnt booting up for me the power brick is amber then I press the on button the brick light turns white then the whole lot shuts off
  10. GammerThumbs-A2C5D5E Win User

HDMI Help Please

maybe shut it off and unplug it until the power light on the power brick goes out.
  11. Mythic xSagex Win User

a mind of its own

When the console shuts its self off does it have any red lights/flashing red lights on the power brick (Big thing on the power cord) or the Xbox
  12. SaSi Cyclone Win User

Xbox runs fine until I start playing any game then it shuts off after 5 mins

When it shuts off it does not show and red lights, just shuts off and the power brick turns orange. Shuts off like i'm actually just shutting it off or something but im really not
  13. Alpha Soulneed Win User

Invite to Game option is grey on everyones profile

Hello! Have you tried a hard reset?

Steps:

1. Press and hold the power button on the front of the console until the Xbox One completely shuts down
    2. Once the indicator lights on the front of the Xbox One and the console’s power brick are off, disconnect the power brick from the back of your console
    3. Wait at least 5 minutes
    4. Plug the power brick back into your Xbox One and turn it on
Thema:

1. Xbox One shuts off - no light on power brick - Similar Threads - shuts off light

2. Can we get the option to shut off the what's happening tab any friend I wanna see is...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can we get the option to shut off the what's happening tab any friend I wanna see is...: The happening now feature used to be easy to ignore b9f9161d-405c-42e9-8b3b-4f184a5d05b8
  3. x box x shutting off

in XBoX on Consoles
    x box x shutting off: Hi, I have a sine wave power converter 110V , 400w in my truck....I plug in the monitor and the X box series X. I use my iphone hot spot to get on my game. Everything works in the menus,...
  4. xbox series x booting up and after 20 secs it shuts off tv screen stays black nothing happens

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x booting up and after 20 secs it shuts off tv screen stays black nothing happens: Hello microsoft i have a problem with my xbox it's really frustating because i only have mine for a few months i always trusted xbox and now this happens on a brand new console that i paid a lot...
  5. Xbox Series X chimes and lights up, then shuts off immediately

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X chimes and lights up, then shuts off immediately: If I try to turn it on it lights up and makes the noise but the system shuts off immediately after a half second of being on. I tried unplugging everything, moving to different outlets, etc but...
  6. Series x plugged into outlet controlled by light switch, accidentally shut if off while on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x plugged into outlet controlled by light switch, accidentally shut if off while on: My new Xbox series x is currently plugged into an outlet that is controlled by a light switch. A few times I wasn't thinking and accidentally shut the light switch off which turned my Xbox off....
  7. No matter what, every night when I shut my Xbox off, the light stays blinking and I...

in XboX Insiders
    No matter what, every night when I shut my Xbox off, the light stays blinking and I...: Is there a fix to this or an explanation on why it keeps blinking after shutting it off submitted by /u/Im__CrypT [link] [comments]
  8. Anthem literally causes my Xbox to shut off and the white light blinks very fast for about...

in XboX Insiders
    Anthem literally causes my Xbox to shut off and the white light blinks very fast for about...: This has now occurred 3-4 times this month on the Xbox one x console in Alpha Skip. I know around 9 months ago there was a major issue with Anthem but even after game and system updates this...
  9. Xbox One will not power on (power on noise and button light up and immediately shut off)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One will not power on (power on noise and button light up and immediately shut off): Starting a few weeks ago after having been shut off for several weeks where my Xbox was not used, I attempted to power on my console. Pressing the power button caused it to beep with the power-on...
  10. Xbox 360 s red light and shut off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 s red light and shut off: The other day while playing a game on my xbox the screen froze for a second before going black and the whole system turning off, it didn't have any sort of error message before turning off. I also...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the xbox shuts off and the powerbrick goes red

2. no light on xbox one powerbrick