Xbox ONE shuts down after plugging headphones in to controller. How do I fix?

Discus and support Xbox ONE shuts down after plugging headphones in to controller. How do I fix? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My Xbox ONE keeps shutting off automatically when trying to play games. I have tried cleaning the fan vents, and the fan is definitely working. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ross k1, Nov 3, 2022.

1. ross k1
    ross k1 Guest

My Xbox ONE keeps shutting off automatically when trying to play games.

I have tried cleaning the fan vents, and the fan is definitely working.

I have taken off the casing and cleared all dust from the inside. This is how I can see the fan is working.

The Xbox fires up and plays Apps (like TV Streaming) but if I use wired controller & plug a headset in to controller, the Xbox freezes and shuts down.

If I use a wireless controller & plug in headset, the Xbox doesn't shut down but there is no stereo audio (only mono). So it seems the problem could be related to the USB wire between controller and console. I've tried another USB wire, and another controller which has really exhausted all options and the sound is even worse.

Could there be something power related that is causing the Xbox to error and shut down?

Any help would be amazing! Xbox ONE shuts down after plugging headphones in to controller. How do I fix? :D

:)

ross k1, Nov 3, 2022
  2. ChaosTechNet Win User

Xbox One controller shuts off while streaming video using a headset.

I also want to know how to get this issue resolved. I watch VuDu with my headphones plugged into my controller and it shuts off every 15 minutes. Who at microsoft do we contact to ask for a setting they could add on the xbox to let us toggle this on or
    off or a controller firmware update that makes it so it won't turn off if headphones are plugged in?
  3. BrandNewShotgun Win User

Covert Forces Controller and Bose QC15

Same thing with the new regular Xbox One Controller with built-in 3.5mm Headset Jack. Bose QC15 don't work at all. How is this not fixed yet? These are top quality headphones which work perfectly with PS4 plugged into the Dualshock4 controller. Why can't
    Xbox One just update the controller to support it?
  4. XBF Jasmine Z Win User

AG10: filtrage par adresse mac [Edit - Translation] - mac address filtering

Hi Macwin,

Thanks for reaching out to us! So, the second headphones being used cause the screen to flicker when plugged into the controller? I do have a few questions:

• Is it the whole screen that flickers when the headphones are plugged in?
    • What type of headphones are being used?
    • Is there any sound at least when the second headphones are plugged in?

The reason the headphones do not work could be because they are not compatible with the Xbox Console/Controller. Check out the following links:

I hope this helps! We hope to hear back soon
  5. RobGilbert2 Win User

xbox one s controller with headphones conneted

im doing the sim racing while using the petals ,steering wheel, shifter,the only way I can use the headphones is plug them in the xbox hand game controller well they most be on some tye of timer when not being used. It shuts off after about 15min.I can
    turn it back on works for about 15 min again.So there most be a timer on the hand game controllers wonder if there is a way to turn off.just got xbox one s new at this :0)
  6. aMexicanErb Win User

No game sound on headset.

Does your headphones come with any kind of way to update the headphones?

Is the game volume turned down? and lastly how are you plugging the headphones in, directly into the controller or through an audio adaptor?

Check all those sources for sure to see if they are working correctly, you might also need to try to do a hard restart on you console. Also here is a link to the
    Recon 200 Turtle Beach
    website that might have some better advise on fixing the issue.
Thema:

1. Xbox ONE shuts down after plugging headphones in to controller. How do I fix? - Similar Threads - shuts down plugging

2. Doing offline system update, console shut down as expected. It's been 15min and hasn't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Doing offline system update, console shut down as expected. It's been 15min and hasn't...: Was on step 2 at 57 percent complete c584bb00-39a9-48b1-af5f-a221cd4c2564
  3. Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .: Why..... is the question ... what is real how do you define real...(that's where is shuts off haha) Everytime i try to play the matrix demo my console shuts down there's a green screen for a split...
  4. Where are we going to download games once the servers shut downs? Like how is this fair...

in XBoX on Windows
    Where are we going to download games once the servers shut downs? Like how is this fair...: Where are we going to download games once the servers shut down? 23360feb-5349-4c5b-8f11-343e48a7550f
  5. Series x randomly shutting down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x randomly shutting down: Hi all, I have a series x since release and have never had any issues but lately the console shuts off on its own while playing a game. I have had it cleaned by a store that has looked after all...
  6. Xbox completely shuts down playing online

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox completely shuts down playing online: Why does my Xbox series X (2020) just completely shut down while playing madden online!? I have cleared cache, alternate MAC address, changed all settings to “do not turn off automatically”,...
  7. Games Shutting Down to Overheating

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games Shutting Down to Overheating: Hello Everyone, I’ve been having trouble playing certain games like Rainbox Six and Fortnite, this is due to me getting an error message everytime I go into a game, i’ve cleaned my air box and...
  8. OG Xbox One does not shut down via Xbox button menu.

in XBoX on Consoles
    OG Xbox One does not shut down via Xbox button menu.: Hi everyone I have an OG Xbox One and it doesn't shut down when asked to via the Xbox button menu on the controller. I have to go to settings, Energy Management and then choose "fully shut down...
  9. Xbox One S turns on for 1-2 seconds and immediately shuts down.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S turns on for 1-2 seconds and immediately shuts down.: Whenever I try to turn on my Xbox One S it’ll turn on for two seconds then shut down immediately. I think it might be a problem with the power supply but I’m still not sure and I was wondering if...
  10. Xbox shuts down and doesnt turn back on after i plug in dvd mechanics

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox shuts down and doesnt turn back on after i plug in dvd mechanics: Hey, so im having this issue that when i plug in dvd mechanics to motherboard the xbox shuts down and doesn't turn on. I dont want to go to the repair shop yet. Is this a dvd drive error or...