Xbox One shutdown

Discus and support Xbox One shutdown in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox one shuts down by itself after 30-45 minutes of play time. The console and power box are not overheated and i know the power outlet is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Stonekoalas812, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Xbox One shutdown

My xbox one shuts down by itself after 30-45 minutes of play time. The console and power box are not overheated and i know the power outlet is perfectly fine with surge protectors. WTF Microsoft?!?! $500 and i can only play 30 min at a time. I Only have
    Call of Duty Ghosts and it shuts down every time. Ive tried turning off the kinect sensor and it doesn't work.

:)

Stonekoalas812, Jan 1, 2014
  2. IntenseJames
    IntenseJames Guest
    Why does my Xbox One take 30 seconds to shutdown?

Why does my Xbox One take 30 seconds to shutdown? My Xbox One always took about 10 seconds to shutdown and for the past 2 days it takes 30 seconds to shutdown...? Usually my Kinect closes first then my console and controller get white flashing lights signaling
    that it's closing it will flash 3-4 times then shutdown within in 10 seconds. Now my console closes first then my Kinect and controller.......? What is wrong with my Xbox One why is it taking so long to shutdown now?? is it breaking or is this normal?? I got
    my Xbox One mid March.

IntenseJames, Jan 1, 2014
  3. CurvyMomster
    CurvyMomster Guest
    Xbox One shutdown

Hello, our Xbox One just shutdown and now we cannot get it to turn back on. I've tried unplugging, disconnecting and setting everything back up but nothing has worked. It has no power!!! What do we do????

CurvyMomster, Jan 1, 2014
  4. Whagi
    Whagi Guest

Xbox One shutdown

Have you got autoshut down set in the settings? Probably not the cause, but worth checking. Although it should only really shut down afer a specific time of inactivity. Also, Im not sure, but is there child settings on the Xbox One to set a specific gameplay
    time?

Whagi, Jan 1, 2014
  5. LarryZ(2)
    LarryZ(2) Guest
    I've had the same problem since launch. I've received two console replacements since then, but both have the same problem. I'm certain it is related to my power supply now. It doesn't overheat and the lights don't indicate a fault, but I've tried other
    power supplies and have not had power issue. I've sent in my power supply to Microsoft and now I'm waiting on the replacement.

LarryZ(2), Oct 31, 2018
  6. RobertBuckalew Win User

Xbox One shutdown

7. LarryZ(2) Win User

Xbox One shutdown

I've had the same problem since launch. I've received two console replacements since then, but both have the same problem. I'm certain it is related to my power supply now. It doesn't overheat and the lights don't indicate a fault, but I've tried other
    power supplies and have not had power issue. I've sent in my power supply to Microsoft and now I'm waiting on the replacement.
  8. Ronnieee Win User

xbox one shutdown?

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent adviser. :)

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day.

I understand you need help.

This error seems to be an ongoing issue for most games.

The issue occurred due to an ongoing server maintenance for Xbox to provide you better service in the future. Don't worry because Xbox is already on top of it and engineers are working to the best of their ability to have this fixed as soon as possible.

We do appreciate your patience and understanding towards this matter.

You can check for update on this link:

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-live-status

No worries, nothing is wrong with your account or your console. This is just a maintenance and will soon be fixed once everything it done through the updates.

Microsoft is working to fix the problem. Please try again after an hour or two.

Let me know if you have more questions.
  9. Biff2-24 Win User

Xbox One shutdown

I suspect that my Xbox One was hacked. How do I confirm my suspicions?
  10. Bradd223 Win User

Xbox One shutdown

Make sure if anything, it is plugged into a wall socket directly, and the power supply unit is firmly connected on all ends. If at that point the console does not power on, attempt another socket or attempt another power supply unit. If neither of these
    fix your issue, I'd suggest calling support for a repair.
Thema:

Xbox One shutdown

1. Xbox One shutdown - Similar Threads - shutdown

2. Xbox One S Full Shutdown Causes Startup Issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One S Full Shutdown Causes Startup Issue: Since last winter, every time my Xbox has a full shutdown, it hangs indefinitely during the next startup, and I'm forced to do a system reset. A hard reset (hold down power button, then unplug...
  3. Xbox Series X: Manual Controller Shutdown Affecting Download Speed

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X: Manual Controller Shutdown Affecting Download Speed: Hey everyone, I’ve noticed an interesting issue with my Xbox Series X. Whenever I manually turn off my controller, it seems to affect the download speed on my console. Has anyone else...
  4. Console shutdown problem after the latest ALPHA ring updates

in XboX Insiders
    Console shutdown problem after the latest ALPHA ring updates: After the latest ALPHA ring updates, I noticed that the console takes a long time to turn off, I have the console in energy saving mode. I also found the console turned off but instead it was...
  5. Xbox disconnects from Wi-Fi after shutdown, and won’t allow to connect to Wi-Fi when...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox disconnects from Wi-Fi after shutdown, and won’t allow to connect to Wi-Fi when...: This has been ongoing for about a month. Every time I shut my Xbox Series X down, the next time I turn it on it has disconnected from Wi-Fi and when I go to the Network settings it shows no...
  6. How to fix game pass games uninstalling themselves after I shutdown my laptop

in XBoX on Windows
    How to fix game pass games uninstalling themselves after I shutdown my laptop: I have game pass on my laptop. Anytime I install a game I can play it fine, but when I shutdown my laptop for the night, all games will be uninstalled and not there when I power back on. I have...
  7. Xbox Series S Random Forever Shutdown

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Random Forever Shutdown: I’ve had my xbox series s for nearly 2 years. i keep it well cleaned and ventilated because I use it nearly every day I don’t leave it on overnight and sometimes I use it for long periods of time....
  8. Does the Xbox logo appear In xbox series x after it was in shutdown mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the Xbox logo appear In xbox series x after it was in shutdown mode: Today I left the Xbox series x in shutdown mode to download forza horizon 5 and I left it for about 6 hours and when I came back I noticed that the Xbox fan was off and when I turned on Xbox...
  9. Xbox series x fan stops spinning when Xbox series x is put to sleep or shutdown mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x fan stops spinning when Xbox series x is put to sleep or shutdown mode: My Xbox series x when I put it in sleep mode or shutdown mode the fan spins for a while and then stops is this normal 081e39ab-0e46-43e1-b854-f1b5840cf204
  10. Xbox Series X fan on while Xbox series x is in shutdown mode and it updates or loads a game??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X fan on while Xbox series x is in shutdown mode and it updates or loads a game??: I have an Xbox Series X and I noticed when I put it in Shutdown Mode to load games in the background or updates, the fan spins, but slower, then after the download or updates finishes, the fan...