XBOX One showing no signal, same HDMI port and cable work fine for laptop?

Discus and support XBOX One showing no signal, same HDMI port and cable work fine for laptop? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi there, My Xbox 1 is not showing video on my LG tv. I can hear game sounds but no video and it just says "no signal". I tried the same HDMI cord... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Connor Kelly, Sep 27, 2022.

  1. Connor Kelly
    Connor Kelly Guest

    XBOX One showing no signal, same HDMI port and cable work fine for laptop?


    Hi there,

    My Xbox 1 is not showing video on my LG tv. I can hear game sounds but no video and it just says "no signal". I tried the same HDMI cord plugged into the same HDMI port on the TV with my laptop and the video and sound popped up just fine. What the heck? This same console works fine on my newer tv with the same cord, so I have no idea what it is. Please help!

    :)
     
    Connor Kelly, Sep 27, 2022
    #1
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

    XBOX One showing no signal, same HDMI port and cable work fine for laptop?

    I don't think so.
    Could be an issue with the TV, because the console is working on another different screen. Right?

    We can try some things in your console, but if the issue persists you may need to reach the TV manufacturer

    A. Power cycle the console:
    1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.
    2. Unplug the console's power cable from the console and from the power outlet. Wait 5 minutes.
    Important: Be sure to wait at least 5 minutes. This step resets the power supply.
    3. Plug the console power cable back in.
    4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

    B. Factory reset the console (Connect it to a different screen, because you need to navigate with the controller)
    Go to settings > system > console info > reset and then select keep my games and apps

    C. Perform an offline update for your console. In that way Xbox system will be installed from scratch.
    For this you need a USB and PC to format it and transfer files provided in the link below (with steps):

    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

    XBOX One showing no signal, same HDMI port and cable work fine for laptop?

    I see, do you know if the firmware for that TV is up to date?
    So, the video doesn't appear no matter the port used on that TV, right?

    Try checking for software updates via TV settings
    Or try factory resetting the console to see if that helps
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

    XBOX One showing no signal, same HDMI port and cable work fine for laptop?

    Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

    Hope you're doing great today despite this Connor

    We may need to isolate the issue a bit more.
    Plesse try when possible using a different HDMI cable, or connect the console to a different HDMI port or screen to see if that helps

    If you already tried that, tell me what else did you tried
    In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed
  5. Connor Kelly Win User

    XBOX One showing no signal, same HDMI port and cable work fine for laptop?

    I thought it might be the TV as well, but why would a laptop work perfectly but not the Xbox with the same cord and port? And yes, the console works perfectly on another tv. I'll try this today when I get home and report back. THANK YOU!
  6. Connor Kelly Win User

    XBOX One showing no signal, same HDMI port and cable work fine for laptop?

    That's correct, no HDMI port is working for video. When I use the exact same cord and HDMI port with my laptop, the video and sound work fine. So it's got to be an issue with the console, right?
Thema:

XBOX One showing no signal, same HDMI port and cable work fine for laptop?

Loading...
  1. XBOX One showing no signal, same HDMI port and cable work fine for laptop? - Similar Threads - showing signal same

  2. mass effect legendary edition not showing up in my xbox pc app library to install.

    in XboX Insiders
    mass effect legendary edition not showing up in my xbox pc app library to install.: so yesterday with the rollout of disc to digital to the public i put i my mass effect legendary edition in my console to convert it disc to digital and i did just that but however though it shows...
  3. Xbox game updates not showing in Games & Apps > Updates

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game updates not showing in Games & Apps > Updates: Hey, I’ve been having an issue on Xbox where game updates no longer show up under Games & Apps > Updates. The weird thing is that when I launch a game that has an update available, I can see that...
  4. My games and apps showing more things then I do

    in XboX Insiders
    My games and apps showing more things then I do: Is this a bug ? Or is this a setting somewhere I can’t remove them and I only have 4 of these installed and when I go to uninstall it doesn’t work But shows I have like 10 games on that list...
  5. The Achievements panel in the Profile section does not occasionally show achievements

    in XboX Insiders
    The Achievements panel in the Profile section does not occasionally show achievements: El panel de Logros en la sección Perfil a veces no muestra los logros. A veces muestra un error que indica que no se pudo cargar el archivo, otras veces muestra los juegos jugados pero sin logros...
  6. Why is myXbox tv is showing no signal when turning the xbox on but sound is connected?

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is myXbox tv is showing no signal when turning the xbox on but sound is connected?: My Xbox tv is showing no signal when turning the xbox on, however the sound is connected and i can use the controller to scroll and hear the sound, but no screen. yesterday i was trying some...
  7. Xbox Series S turning on, but the TV show no signal and not being able to turn the xbox off...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S turning on, but the TV show no signal and not being able to turn the xbox off...: When I turn my xbox series s on, the TV shows no signal After i have turned the Xbox series S on, it can not be turned off by the button and has to be turned off by the switch There has been no...
  8. Movie/Show apps causing my TV to say, "No Signal Detected"?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Movie/Show apps causing my TV to say, "No Signal Detected"?: Hello all, I've recently hit a weird issue with the One X where any movie app (be it Netflix, Amazon or Hulu) causes my television to say that there's no signal, despite the fact that it works...
  9. My tv samsung ue40ju6000 stops show the xbox one s signal even console & tv is on.

    in XBoX on Consoles
    My tv samsung ue40ju6000 stops show the xbox one s signal even console & tv is on.: Hi. My 4k tv is the samsung ue40ju6000 with latest firmware. I open my new xbox one s 2tb console and install the latest system update(Console & controller). After that i put my mail & password...
  10. console rarely finds my TV signal, or locks up, or does not show picture at all

    in XBoX on Consoles
    console rarely finds my TV signal, or locks up, or does not show picture at all: As a Day One purchaser, all the way back to the original xbox, I have to say I've been extremely frustrated with my console over the past year plus. I have my Direct TV running through the unit...