XBOX ONE SETUP for TWO XBOX Ones - to share Xbox Live Gold Account and 5 Profiles to play...

Discus and support XBOX ONE SETUP for TWO XBOX Ones - to share Xbox Live Gold Account and 5 Profiles to play... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently bought another Xbox One. The first one is in our Family room (Family Room Xbox) and had Profiles for me, J, A and wife. The second one was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Reamsters, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Reamsters
    Reamsters Guest

XBOX ONE SETUP for TWO XBOX Ones - to share Xbox Live Gold Account and 5 Profiles to play...

I recently bought another Xbox One. The first one is in our Family room (Family Room Xbox) and had Profiles for me, J, A and wife. The second one was installed in our office (Office xbox). I had read up that on the new one (Office Xbox) to create my ID and to set it as HOME. It then populated the profiles for our family. The Old one (Family Room Xbox) is able to play as my profile. We had an issue where it would not play L without asking for another Xbox Live Account. We played with the settings however not able to get it going so we purchased another Xbox Live Account. So now L can play on either. Meanwhile J tried to log in on the Family room Xbox and it wanted her to buy Xbox Live. She then tried to do the same in the Office Xbox but it too was asking for an account. After asking A, she had the HOME also set on the Family Room Xbox, so she took it off. I am wanting to verify proper setup of two Xbox Ones in the same household for us to share Xbox Live and for any of us to play on either Xbox One at the same time as we like to play on Fortnite at the same time. From what I have read I should not of had to purchase another Xbox Live Account. I would like to have live support but that is useless with Xbox. Any help would be appreciated.

Also When I log in along with A it says that we have Xbox Live. When J logs in it does not show it. Not sure if this matters. Something is off on my settings and again any assistance as to guide me as how the two should be set up would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

:)

Reamsters, Mar 18, 2021
  2. XBF Leo G Win User

How do I set up gold to work across two consoles in same household

Hello DreamedEmoStars,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are interested in learning how to share Xbox Live Gold between two different consoles. You will need to set up the account that has the recurring Xbox Live Gold subscription as the

home console profile
    on one of the consoles. The account will then share it's subscription and content to all other accounts on that console. We hope this helps!
  3. XBF Leo G Win User

Partage d'abonnements -[Translation - Sharing subscriptions]

Hello ChristianRuel,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are interested in sharing Xbox Live Gold on two different Xbox One consoles from your account to both of your son's accounts. This is not possible since the same Microsoft account
    can only be set as the
    home console profile
    on one Xbox One at a time. You can set up Xbox Live Gold on one of your son's accounts and have that account set up as the home console profile on the other son's Xbox One. This will allow you to pay for only one subscription, but still
    have both of them have access to Xbox Live Gold. This feature allows them to share games as well. The article we provided will help you set up the home console profile. Be sure to let us know the results!
  4. Theory of Game Win User

Merging old family Gold account

1) Is this true? If so ...

Yes, on the Xbox One, you can share your Gold membership will all the other accounts on your "home" console.

2) Can each profile be active (playing) on the same xbox simultaneously, e.g. two people playing Call of Duty online?

Yes, no problem.

3) Can each profile be active on separate xboxes simultaneously, e.g. two people playing COD each on their own xbox? (we have four in our house)

Two might be okay - the Gold account can play on any console, while any other account can play on the console that is designated as the "home" console. Playing on 4 consoles at a time would require two subscriptions.

4) Can the old individual profiles be brought under one single account and preserve all the profile names, achievements, friends, etc?

The accounts/profiles will still be separate - friends, achievements and such will stay with the respective accounts. It's just the gold membership being shared that changes - one subscription allows all accounts on a single
    console to have access to the online multiplayer.

More information can be found here: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/xbox-live/xbox-live-gold-sharing-features
  5. taidara Win User

More than one user on Xbox LIVE GOLD.

Greetings Lemming!

The relationship between an Xbox Live Gold account and the Xbox One, will no longer require you to setup each account with a paid subscription, as you would have to do on the Xbox 360.

Please read:
    Using Xbox Live Gold sharing features on the Xbox One

Happy Halloween!
  6. XBF Amber M Win User

Xbox Live

Hi Guilherme,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums with this question. In relation to your question about sharing gold, if the account that holds the subscription is made the primary Home Console profile, then you are able to share Xbox Live Gold with any other
    profile on the console. For further information about this, you can read the following support articles as they are pretty helpful:

Using Xbox Live Gold sharing features on Xbox One

How to designate an Xbox One console as your home Xbox

I hope that this helps out!
Thema:

1. XBOX ONE SETUP for TWO XBOX Ones - to share Xbox Live Gold Account and 5 Profiles to play... - Similar Threads - SETUP Ones share

2. How do setup transfer game from one Xbox to another

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do setup transfer game from one Xbox to another: both of my Xboxes are on my Internet at my house it's not showing on my network e4aa9c6f-e1b1-4028-bcce-b33201cd8922
  3. Ever tried playing split screen for 360 game on Xbox one? It took us over an hour to setup

in XBoX Accessibility
    Ever tried playing split screen for 360 game on Xbox one? It took us over an hour to setup: Had to create 2 new Xbox profiles and 1 new Microsoft account and recover login for my original account took over an hour of typing in emails using Xbox controller...
  4. How do i setup a New drive for xbox one when the originale failed ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i setup a New drive for xbox one when the originale failed ?: hello guys, I have a problem with my original Xbox One, my hard drive was making noise and then completely failed, by connecting it to my computer nothing happens, so I got a new SSD hard drive 1...
  5. Xbox one forces you connect to the internet/Xbox live on initial setup also applies to Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one forces you connect to the internet/Xbox live on initial setup also applies to Xbox...: Xbox is now required internet to complete the initial setup to use the console. REALLY. you can't use the Xbox completely without internet due to initial setup forcing you to connect to the...
  6. Is it possible to setup xbox one without hdmi connection?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it possible to setup xbox one without hdmi connection?: I reset my xbox one because the hdmi port or controller is broken but I was able to stream using my laptop or xbox app. I thought reseting the xbox might fix it but now I cannot connect and setup...
  7. Setup Xbox one

in XBoX Accessibility
    Setup Xbox one: Trying to setup Xbox one on my Samsung smart tv I have a cable box but would prefer not to connect Xbox to cable box can this be done if so how ? 035cf55c-8e84-4f93-ac00-856bfb74063f
  8. XBOX One S Reset - Don't have old account information to setup my active Xbox Live Account!

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One S Reset - Don't have old account information to setup my active Xbox Live Account!: Hello Xbox Community! First time posting but I thought I would reach out to the community for help on this issue, everywhere else I have looked I have been stumped! My Xbox recently shut down on...
  9. Xbox One S External Mic Setup

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S External Mic Setup: I was wondering how i can setup my external microphone to my xbox one s while having a wireless headset? I know with a wired headset you need a splitter from the controller to mic and one to...
  10. Xbox one S setup

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S setup: How can I setup my Xbox without going through mobile app 72e06b40-4e91-4ade-b6d3-9bbb5fa7ddb7