Xbox One Series X headpone/controller disconnects

Discus and support Xbox One Series X headpone/controller disconnects in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having intermittent issues with my Xbox One Series X losing connectivity with my controller and headphones. I'm using an Elite Series 2... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by wrekk-[xboxvenue], Nov 28, 2022.

  1. Xbox One Series X headpone/controller disconnects


    Hello,

    I'm having intermittent issues with my Xbox One Series X losing connectivity with my controller and headphones. I'm using an Elite Series 2 controller and an L32X wireless headset.

    During gameplay the headset will often have crackling noises interrupt the sound. During these noise episodes, outgoing voice chat is also disrupted as people in xbox parties can confirm I'm breaking up. The intensity of the noise varies, and when it gets especially bad, sound cuts out altogether for varying durations.

    Typically when sound goes out altogether, there's also a good chance that the controller will disconnect as well.

    I tried updating firmware on the controller and the headset both, and it seemed to help for the first 24 hours or so but the issues are back in full.

    As far as the general setup, the controller and headset are wireless, the xbox itself is plugged into the modem by cable, the wifi for the apt is in the next room over, and the number of total devices connected tointernet by wifi/bluetooth vary between 1 and 5. Issues crop up regardless of how many other devices are powered on as I have tried using the xbox while everything else is disconnected.

    :)
     
    wrekk-[xboxvenue], Nov 28, 2022
    #1
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

    Xbox One Series X headpone/controller disconnects

    Hi buddy

    Please give each option a try when possible and report the results

    I'm going to stay subscribed to your thread in case your reply takes more than expected
  3. wrekk-[xboxvenue] Win User

    Xbox One Series X headpone/controller disconnects

    Hey Josef,

    Went through all the tests this evening. Controller plugged in via USB hasn't given me any issues yet but a different wireless controller encountered the same issues.

    I've also experienced the same sound disruption on the headphones after both the power cycle and the factory reset.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

    Xbox One Series X headpone/controller disconnects

    Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

    Hope you're doing great today despite this WREKK-[XBOXVENUE]

    Could be an issue with the Wi-Fi card in your Xbox.
    But we can try to isolate the problem a bit more, for this please try:

    A. Use the controller without the wireless headset or connect a wired headset to the controller

    B. Use the controller wired and the wireless headset

    C. Use a different controller and the wireless headset

    D. Power cycle the console
    1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.
    2. Unplug the console's power cable from the console and from the power outlet. Wait 5 minutes.
    Important: Be sure to wait at least 5 minutes. This step resets the power supply.
    3. Plug the console power cable back in.
    4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

    E. Try connecting the console in a different room and test from there

    F. Do a factory reset for your console but keeping games and apps
    Go to Settings > System > Console info > reset and then select keep my games and apps
    **Make sure to know the email and password for all your accounts
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

    Xbox One Series X headpone/controller disconnects

    Hi wrekk-[xboxvenue]
    this problem with the headset, happened via wireless as well?

    If that’s the case, sadly everything points to be an issue with the Xbox :c
  6. wrekk-[xboxvenue] Win User

    Xbox One Series X headpone/controller disconnects

    Thanks for the quick reply.

    A. I can confirm the controller without headset also disconnects. When I play using the TV or soundbar the sound won't crackle like it does on headphones but the controller does sometimes lose connection. The total connection loss isn't as frequent as just the crackling sound on the headset, so it's harder to test for as it doesn't happen every day, but it does happen.

    B & C: I can try these over the next few days and get some feedback.

    D: I believe I did this in the past when I updated the firmware on the two devices but I'll give it another shot. Doesn't hurt :)

    E: Unfortunately I can't really move the huge living room tv around for this test as it's the only tv in the apt.

    F: Ah the classic last resort lol. I'll report back on the other tests before I try this one.
Thema:

Xbox One Series X headpone/controller disconnects

Loading...
  1. Xbox One Series X headpone/controller disconnects - Similar Threads - Series headpone controller

  2. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  3. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  4. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  5. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  6. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  7. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  8. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  9. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  10. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...