Xbox One Series X headpone/controller disconnects

Discus and support Xbox One Series X headpone/controller disconnects in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having intermittent issues with my Xbox One Series X losing connectivity with my controller and headphones. I'm using an Elite Series 2... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by wrekk-[xboxvenue], Nov 28, 2022.

1. Xbox One Series X headpone/controller disconnects

Hello,

I'm having intermittent issues with my Xbox One Series X losing connectivity with my controller and headphones. I'm using an Elite Series 2 controller and an L32X wireless headset.

During gameplay the headset will often have crackling noises interrupt the sound. During these noise episodes, outgoing voice chat is also disrupted as people in xbox parties can confirm I'm breaking up. The intensity of the noise varies, and when it gets especially bad, sound cuts out altogether for varying durations.

Typically when sound goes out altogether, there's also a good chance that the controller will disconnect as well.

I tried updating firmware on the controller and the headset both, and it seemed to help for the first 24 hours or so but the issues are back in full.

As far as the general setup, the controller and headset are wireless, the xbox itself is plugged into the modem by cable, the wifi for the apt is in the next room over, and the number of total devices connected tointernet by wifi/bluetooth vary between 1 and 5. Issues crop up regardless of how many other devices are powered on as I have tried using the xbox while everything else is disconnected.

:)

wrekk-[xboxvenue], Nov 28, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi buddy

Please give each option a try when possible and report the results

I'm going to stay subscribed to your thread in case your reply takes more than expected
  3. wrekk-[xboxvenue] Win User

Hey Josef,

Went through all the tests this evening. Controller plugged in via USB hasn't given me any issues yet but a different wireless controller encountered the same issues.

I've also experienced the same sound disruption on the headphones after both the power cycle and the factory reset.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this WREKK-[XBOXVENUE]

Could be an issue with the Wi-Fi card in your Xbox.
    But we can try to isolate the problem a bit more, for this please try:

A. Use the controller without the wireless headset or connect a wired headset to the controller

B. Use the controller wired and the wireless headset

C. Use a different controller and the wireless headset

D. Power cycle the console
    1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.
    2. Unplug the console's power cable from the console and from the power outlet. Wait 5 minutes.
    Important: Be sure to wait at least 5 minutes. This step resets the power supply.
    3. Plug the console power cable back in.
    4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

E. Try connecting the console in a different room and test from there

F. Do a factory reset for your console but keeping games and apps
    Go to Settings > System > Console info > reset and then select keep my games and apps
    **Make sure to know the email and password for all your accounts
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi wrekk-[xboxvenue]
    this problem with the headset, happened via wireless as well?

If that’s the case, sadly everything points to be an issue with the Xbox :c
  6. wrekk-[xboxvenue] Win User

Thanks for the quick reply.

A. I can confirm the controller without headset also disconnects. When I play using the TV or soundbar the sound won't crackle like it does on headphones but the controller does sometimes lose connection. The total connection loss isn't as frequent as just the crackling sound on the headset, so it's harder to test for as it doesn't happen every day, but it does happen.

B & C: I can try these over the next few days and get some feedback.

D: I believe I did this in the past when I updated the firmware on the two devices but I'll give it another shot. Doesn't hurt :)

E: Unfortunately I can't really move the huge living room tv around for this test as it's the only tv in the apt.

F: Ah the classic last resort lol. I'll report back on the other tests before I try this one.
Thema:

1. Xbox One Series X headpone/controller disconnects - Similar Threads - Series headpone controller

2. Xbox Series X Recording End Error - Unfinished Video Clip

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Recording End Error - Unfinished Video Clip: Hi, I record many clips through my Xbox Series X (1080p) using external usb 3.0 hard disk. After recording many videos it started recording but not completing the file. This is happening every 3-4...
  3. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?: Hello! As the title says. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC? There is a guide claiming that it can be done from the Xbox Accessories app. However,...
  4. Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x: I’m trying to play my save on fallout 3, I’m signed to my account on the series x and connected to Xbox live but when i play the game my profile isn’t on the 360 dashboard and won’t let me...
  5. Xbox series S usb ports

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S usb ports: will the USB ports on an xbox s charge and after market controller charger? - Thanks b862a6af-26d0-4991-a64d-cb80420b758a
  6. How do I fix my NAT type to open on my Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my NAT type to open on my Xbox series X?: Just having trouble fixing my NAT type. 2614125e-f0eb-49fd-9bac-270a7cb428ba
  7. Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X: I'm having some serious trouble atm with trying to get 360 games to work on my series X. These are all games that until today worked fine. Now it will not connect to xbox live for the cloud or my...
  8. Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?: I tried different hdmi cables.I turning the console on and off as listed on the list of steps to troubleshoot.It finally turned on.I did the 10 second power cycle then got nothing on both my tv...
  9. My Xbox series S almost caught fire while powered off

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox series S almost caught fire while powered off: Xbox Series S was powered off and almost caught fire. It was sitting plugged in on a brand new power strip and I started smelling a weird smell, I looked around and my Xbox was off but smoking a...
  10. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...