xbox one series s and games (rant warning)

Discus and support xbox one series s and games (rant warning) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I purchased the series s console a couple of months ago. Generally really happy with it. Except for one area: I have an 8 TB hard drive attached to it,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MarbleBag590, Feb 4, 2023.

1. MarbleBag590
    MarbleBag590 Guest

I purchased the series s console a couple of months ago. Generally really happy with it. Except for one area: I have an 8 TB hard drive attached to it, and of course, I can play the pre-X/S games off that.

On the internal drive though, I can only fit 4 games:
    (Destiny 2 131 GB) (ESO 103 GB) (COD 65 GB) (Hellblade 19 GB)

Other than those that are located on the internal, on the external I have close to 300 games, the lot of them are pre X/S which again, I have no problems loading up and playing.

But many are still X/S games, or have been converted to X/S games. I would really love to get into these games, but wondering how to do that other than buying what I see is a limited capacity Seagate Storage Expansion Card (512 GB/1 TB/2 TB) Seems to me that the 2 TB will only hold what.. 4 games? And that's a $359.00 purchase, which if I am correct, Microsoft expects the hard core gamers to buy mulitple times over??

I don't have the greatest internet connection going on here, so my download speeds for 2 TB is actually really slow. And it seems the SSD transfer rate out and back to the external hard drive is painfully slow.

I realize Xbox is after our money with their dedicated exteral SSDs, , but this is kinda ridiculous.

I know I can just copy to/from the external 8 TB hard drive, but that takes a while..
    So besides giving up on gaming (And thus on xbox) and possibly selling my console off, does anybody know the solution?

:)

MarbleBag590, Feb 4, 2023
  2. ngocphi Win User

Where are you getting 4 games figure from ?

I have 78 games installed internally on 2tb 1tb nvme and 1tb storage cars

You do know the series s compresses files right ? It's a feature of smart delivery

The files.for xbox one isn't the same as series s you don't get HD texture and smart delivery would see the lack of space and only load files based on your console

Fyi you can still use your 4tb drive but as it's too slow for next games you can only use it for storage and to run you would need to move the games over to internal or next gen storage

Fyi the storage cards are hot swapable

Yes we are talking speed differences in spades

Your external.hdd would.be limited by 2 things first 500mbps transfer

2nd you are sitting behind multiple buses before it gets to the cpu your USB bus your pci bus and then your south and North bridges

Next gen.storage has direct access to cpu north bridge and memory without buses at 4.8gbps not 500mbps For a total of 10x the speed

The latest gaming pcs rely on nvme rather then ancient hdds which require spin ups rather.then instant one on nvme

The series s is a budget machine

Most.next gen consoles except.for switch pro require nvme though with ps5 it's not hotswappable

It provides you with a consistent experience rather then games running on 500mbps affecting loadtimes and only one path which is thru multiple bottlenecks vs 4.8gbps and 4 paths to the cpu

Ps5 is somewhat consistent with 4.8 gbps on their nvme slot and the internal 9gbps for their next gen games

Series and ps5 both use a compression processor which helps.double the speeds this is only available on nvme

Not.500mbps hdds it wouldn't br able to feed the info fast enough as it is limited by the bottlenecks
  3. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

Unfortunately, the options for expanding storage on the Xbox Series S are limited to purchasing the Seagate Storage Expansion Card or using an external hard drive with slower transfer speeds. It's not ideal, but it seems that Microsoft prioritizes selling dedicated SSDs for the console over allowing for easier expandability. You could try optimizing your internet connection for faster download speeds or transferring the games to the external drive overnight to minimize the impact on your gaming experience. Another option is to keep rotating the games you have installed on the internal drive and only keep the ones you're actively playing at the moment.
  4. ngocphi Win User

Just Dance support for Xbox series S

Well first there is no series s with a bluray drive

Xbox one s does and that isn't a series s

Xbox one games are compatible with xbox one games whenever it is one x or s

Series consoles are just xbox series NOT one s or x

They labeled series consoles that way for a reason to differentiate xbox one games from series games
  5. Smwutches Win User

Accessibility

There's no such thing as an Xbox One Series S. There's an Xbox One S and an Xbox Series S. That game is only available for the Series S/X, not the One. So if you have a One S, it will not work.
  6. ngocphi Win User

Xbox one series x problem

There is no xbox one series x

The series consoles are a completely separate from.xbox one

You just Confuse people by saying it

Ita xbox series s /x thats it

When talking about system requirements

Xbox one games work with xbox one games there is no requires xbox one s or x

It's just xbox one

Now with series games physical games are only compatible with series x

This does not include xbox one x or s

Digital games are compatible with series s or x but must be stored on nvme storage card or internal drive
Thema:

1. xbox one series s and games (rant warning) - Similar Threads - series games rant

2. Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.

in XBoX on Windows
    Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.: it wouldn't let me use cloud saving, so I reset my xbox, now it wont let me download my profile or connect to xbox live , what can I do to fix this? I've powered cycled my console, cleared local...
  3. My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...: My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we want to do is play 2 player games together. why is this so hard?! Can someone please help?...
  4. XBOX Series X internet disconnection during any game

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X internet disconnection during any game: Hello. Recently I bought a new XBOX Series X. I downloaded some online and offline games. From the first day, internet connection disconnects randomly, while playing a game. I don't see the same...
  5. Xbox Series X Error 8015190E - Unable to sign into Xbox live backwards compatible 360 games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Error 8015190E - Unable to sign into Xbox live backwards compatible 360 games: I've been getting a 8015190E error code within the past week when attempting to sign into a 360 backwards compatible game on my xbox series X. I attempted hard reseting my Xbox, changing my DNS...
  6. I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....: This is a drive I’ve used with my Xbox for months and never had an issue. The external drive is formatted properly (NTFS) and should be in full compliance for use with Xbox. When I begin...
  7. Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x: I’m trying to play my save on fallout 3, I’m signed to my account on the series x and connected to Xbox live but when i play the game my profile isn’t on the 360 dashboard and won’t let me...
  8. Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X: I'm having some serious trouble atm with trying to get 360 games to work on my series X. These are all games that until today worked fine. Now it will not connect to xbox live for the cloud or my...
  9. Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X: Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X b58ffff7-5cd1-473c-8490-522e1b9dcab7
  10. Series Controller frequent disconnects when gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series Controller frequent disconnects when gaming: I'm not sure how unique my situation is but i'll try to be as detailed in explanation, as of today my pad keeps disconnecting when gaming, rarely or not what-ever if I leave my pad idle or just...